Projector Question

It does that for torrents and but i can't find anything about NZBs so i guess it doesn't

I don't see the point of torrent download via Popcorn Hour because on private trackers you need to keep it uploading constantly to get a good ratio so I keep my PC for torrents :)

Who do you use for your newsgroups?

I use Astraweb which is a tenner i think for 120GB

I dont know if its worth me getting a standalone player like these

Gutted, the replacement Mitsubishi lamp we bought for our Projector March this year exploded last night, had only done 1,152 hours on low, surely that's not right? There was no indication from the projector it was overheating or anything, was working fine right up to the last second then a loud pop and darkness, opened it up and there's loads of small pieces of glass inside and the bulb is done :(

Paid £254 for it in March this year and deliberately paid a bit extra to get a "proper" Mitsubishi lamp rather than an OEM one, well pissed off, going to complain to the Swedish store I bought it from later but I doubt they'll do anything :(

So I did some googling and basically shit happens seems to be the answer, some people are saying they bought lamps that last barely 600 hours so I guess just have to eat it, rather than paying £250 on a lamp for a 6 year old projector (as good as it is) we decided to buy a new one so just bought this:

http://www.projectorshop24.co.uk/benq-projector/benq-projector_benq-w1060.html

Highlights:

- 16:9 Full HD 1080p
- 2000 ANSI lumens
- 5,000:1 Contrast
- PC 3D ready

Technical data
Product: BenQ W1060
EAN: 4718755028847
Projection throw ratio: 1.59-1.9 :1
Brightness: 2000 ANSI Lumens
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 HDTV
Type: DLP
Contrast: 5000 : 1
Weight: 3,6 (kg)
Noise: 31 dB
Noise (long life): 28 dB
Lamp life: 4500 hours
Lamp life (long life): 6000 hours
Manufacturer's warranty: 24 months

It's too new to have any reviews out which is a bit of a worry but I checked with the store I bought from and I can return it no questions asked and they send UPS out to pick it up from me if I want to return it so that's good.

Main thing I liked besides the specs is that Benq just changed their lamp warranty to 12 months or 2,000 hours, whichever comes first :)

Yeah seems sometimes that's how it goes, possibly what goes against the Mitsubishi is it has no grille plates that can be cleaned or anything like that. Hopefully will get the Benq W1060 on Friday, shame there's no reviews available with it only coming out last month :)

The bulb as it turns out was possibly OEM anyways despite my thinking it was an official Mitubishi one, certainly cannot have any complaints about the projector itself it served us very well for a year or so despite being 7 years old now, no harm done, the new projector arrived today and it's awesome, only issue is there's so many visual and colour settings I need to get my head around how to set it up for the best colour performance :)

The bulb as it turns out was possibly OEM anyways despite my thinking it was an official Mitubishi one, certainly cannot have any complaints about the projector itself it served us very well for a year or so despite being 7 years old now, no harm done, the new projector arrived today and it's awesome, only issue is there's so many visual and colour settings I need to get my head around how to set it up for the best colour performance :)

Its a pain in the arse doing the settings

Gotta be done though to get the best out of a PJ

http://www.avforums.com/ and http://www.avsforum.com/ are very good sites for all things audio/visual

If you cant find any settings and what you will see alot of anyway are people using Avia or DVE calibration DVDs to configure there displays and audio

I tried peoples settings and got Avia to set my own up to see which looked best

Been very happy with the Benq W1060 since we got it last year, then in the last couple of days it started flickering in the bottom right on economy mode, really annoying, bulb's only at 3,000 hours or so, if I change the bulb mode to normal the flickering seems to go away, but obviously it's no solution as it decreases lamp life and increases electricity use.

I googled and apparently Benq projectors are quite known to have flickering problems on economy but that's usually from straight out the box not to suddenly appear after 11 months.

Been very happy with the Benq W1060 since we got it last year, then in the last couple of days it started flickering in the bottom right on economy mode, really annoying, bulb's only at 3,000 hours or so, if I change the bulb mode to normal the flickering seems to go away, but obviously it's no solution as it decreases lamp life and increases electricity use.

I googled and apparently Benq projectors are quite known to have flickering problems on economy but that's usually from straight out the box not to suddenly appear after 11 months.

You need to send it over to me Placebo, It is unrepairable.

I run a Projector sanctuary where all old projectors come in their twilight years. They play together and share stories from the past, it really is a nice place for them to be.

It costs nothing apart from postage, but even then, if it is a worthwhile case I am willing to pay that as well. When you do something from the heart, money is less significant.

So I did some googling and basically shit happens seems to be the answer, some people are saying they bought lamps that last barely 600 hours so I guess just have to eat it, rather than paying £250 on a lamp for a 6 year old projector (as good as it is) we decided to buy a new one so just bought this:

http://www.projectorshop24.co.uk/benq-projector/benq-projector_benq-w1060.html

Highlights:

- 16:9 Full HD 1080p
- 2000 ANSI lumens
- 5,000:1 Contrast
- PC 3D ready

It's too new to have any reviews out which is a bit of a worry but I checked with the store I bought from and I can return it no questions asked and they send UPS out to pick it up from me if I want to return it so that's good.

Main thing I liked besides the specs is that Benq just changed their lamp warranty to 12 months or 2,000 hours, whichever comes first :)

Was curious how long I had the benq! Decided it's time to upgrade my projector, the lamp we're currently using is on around 6,000 hours and is a replacement bulb, we stopped using the original lamp at 3,000 hours as it developed a flicker on economy mode but it still has some life in it, so think I'll sell this projector and buy a new replacement of better spec.

Old projector was 2000 ANSI lumens and 5,000:1 Contrast, new one will be minimum 3000 ANSI lumens and 10,000:1 Contrast, not looking to spend more than around £800-£900.

If anyone has any suggestions in that price range I would appreciate the input! :) Has to be bought in Sweden then I can deduct 20% for taxes.

Cool.

Have to say the Projector I bought is one of the best things I've ever bought.

I might have to look at a new one.

There is small white dots appearing, not many only a few at the moment, but from reading it's seems this happens over time on some projectors. And unfortuantely it doesn't seem to be the lamp itself, so not a case of just replacing that.

FD

This should just be called the Placebo show off thread.

"Ooh my 120 inch screen is too small for my super duper new projector so I have to get a 150inch one"

:PP

Back
Top Bottom