ps2 control pad for xbox 360???

heartless-its the d-pad debate....
If the 360 had a good one I'd a agree, but its shit so your stuck only with the stick which not everyone likes.
You do get used to it and it doesn't give you arthritis of the thumb like ps2 d-pad but I'd always play better with a good d-pad.
Maybe another company will make a good d-pad joystick for the 360.

I always play with the analogue so I'm not bothered about the 360 pad. My only slight gripe are the triggers. Not best suited to Pro Evo but I'm adapting.

i changed from d-pad to analog because i can quicker change directions without getting horny skin ;)
xbox-pads are crappy for pes/ we cauz the :L2: & :R2: are on the base.
(unless they change the steering like in pes5 f psp ;))
mfg

MUPPETS

i still cant believe that tools are still trying to get the ps2 pads to work on the 360 ...you sad bastards

the 360 sticks are the best and if you cant use these then go away and die

its the same as all these dicks you keep wanting steering wheels for car games because they think it will make them better drivers .......yawn!

use the sticks and grow up and if you got little tiny girlie hands tough!

heartless said:
MUPPETS

i still cant believe that tools are still trying to get the ps2 pads to work on the 360 ...you sad bastards

its the same as all these dicks you keep wanting steering wheels for car games because they think it will make them better drivers .......yawn!

whatever...

Last edited:
MUPPETS

Wow! Now THAT does make an interesting point! I guess there's no point in discussing this subject anymore... If only we had been this rational in the first place... :roll:

Still, keeping to the topic, my best hope would be that the "controller redesign" Microsoft's Robert Walker hinted at during Gamefest solves this problem...

heartless said:

13yr olds and the internet ladies and gentlemen. Gotta love em. :applause:

So has anybody found a 3rd party controller that has a decent d-pad? I saw a neogeo one, might give this a try if noone has tried it yet.
Code:
http://www.futurezone.nl/menu/produktdetail.asp?cdprodukt=156905

That controller is meant to be shit mate, the Official 360 magazine gave it a shite rating.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
360 sticks arent the best... they are ok to use in the right game.

DJ

I actually prefer them to the PS2's. Your thumb sits on them so much better. Reminds me of the N64 pad.

Wow someone who actually likes the 360 pad rather than moaning about it!

DJ

Tnx doc, was wondering what it was like for the d-pad. Been playing fifa on the pc with the xboxpad but the d-pad is crap, and i just dont like the analog (whether xbox or ps2). Im suprised someone hasnt managed to make a standard ps2pad with a live button added to it as its a usb connection. Hopefully soon

Speaking this afternoon to CVG, Konami's PES producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka has revealed he's currently in possession of two new Xbox 360 controllers and is playing around with them at the PES HQ.

Microsoft sent Seabass the two controllers to allow him to test re-mapped button configurations for PES, the best footy game in town, presumably to make the game as playable on an Xbox 360 pad as it is on the PS2.

It's no secret that the best pad to play Pro Evolution Soccer on is Sony's classic Dual Shock.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=147127

djdoc360 said:
That controller is meant to be shit mate, the Official 360 magazine gave it a shite rating.

DJ

Official xbox mag gives 3rd party pad bad review shocker....... of course they will give it a bad rating, it's half the price of their one.

having said that I've not tried it, and am pretty hapy with the official ones......i use the sticks on ps2, took me ages to get used to them, but now i cant use the pad at all.......

SONY FANBOYS BLIND BRAND LOYALTY

if sony manufactured shite in a box (some say they already do) you guys would ask why the shite isnt compatible with my friends shite cause his is bigger/browner

you guys especially the little dickheads who live on forums get a life

heartless said:

if sony manufactured shite in a box (some say they already do) you guys would ask why the shite isnt compatible with my friends shite cause his is bigger/browner

Mate I have always favoured Microsoft in the console wars but PES/WE games have always been better played with a Playstation controller IMO!

heartless said:

The 13yr olds back! \\:o/

I have to say I like the 360 pad as a whole, but I definitely prefer the PS2 pad for Pro Evo.

Anyway, fingers crossed there will be a similar pad on the 360 at some point!

heartless said:

Lol,Think I may apply to be a mod,seeing as there doesn't seem to be any kicking around at the moment.

:lmao:

13 years old-Indeed.
Classic D aside,are most Celtic fans wee neds???

ALways being a d pad man, I've done a bit of research and here might be the solution:

http://www.crowza.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=620

This is a better link:

http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/360dpadfix/360dpadfix.htm

I might have a crack at it for the mrs controller, for some reason she uses the d pad all the time on Star Wars Lego, so it might explain why she's crap at jumping and (more importantly) her pad is a cheap one ;)

Doesn't solve the trigger issues I'm afraid...

The Original Spikester said:
ALways being a d pad man, I've done a bit of research and here might be the solution:

http://www.crowza.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=620

This is a better link:

http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/360dpadfix/360dpadfix.htm

I might have a crack at it for the mrs controller, for some reason she uses the d pad all the time on Star Wars Lego, so it might explain why she's crap at jumping and (more importantly) her pad is a cheap one ;)

Doesn't solve the trigger issues I'm afraid...

I might just try this on my wired controller. :)

Back
Top Bottom