ps2 control pad for xbox 360???

burnside

..:: ManUtd R #1!!! ::..
23 April 2005
Wales
Man United
hi all, seeing as im going to get pes6 for the 360, and have always been used to the playstation controls, I am really hoping I can get a playstation controller converter for the 360. Anyone know where I could find one, if possible? thanks in advance

Plus how would you substitute for the Middle (X) button on the 360 controller for PS2?

DJ

I think the 360 controller is fine, cause i dont have the d-pad problem cause i use analog. The only problem i can think of is doing the super cancel, cause the RB and RT buttons arent easy to push simultaneously

It won't take long to adapt.

I have a PC/PS2 adapter that is USB. I wonder if that'll work on my 360. Hmmm...

psimonius said:
It won't take long to adapt.

I have a PC/PS2 adapter that is USB. I wonder if that'll work on my 360. Hmmm...
Ooooh ! good idea mate ! I've it too I'll test it and tell you ;)

Well, in theory if it's plug n play (as in, no drivers needed to install), it might work. Mine is just that.

I'm still waiting for my dead xbox (now alive!) to be delivered tomorrow or Thursday and then I can try. I got a feeling that the main problem will be buttom mapping. I know they have pretty much the same buttons, but I just can't see a compatibility.

or maybe someone will mod the Xbox 360 controller and change the D-Pad and somehow put the PS2 Dpad into it... :) Then id be super happy!

DJ

Yeah I saw that too im sure it would be possible to Manufacture one :) I just dont have the electronics knowledge and im no good at soldering.

DJ

Ive heard those are meant to be crap mate. I think it was in one of my 360 mags that it got a very low rating.

DJ

psimonius said:
Well, in theory if it's plug n play (as in, no drivers needed to install), it might work. Mine is just that.

I'm still waiting for my dead xbox (now alive!) to be delivered tomorrow or Thursday and then I can try. I got a feeling that the main problem will be buttom mapping. I know they have pretty much the same buttons, but I just can't see a compatibility.

I got the same converter. It's red and called smart joy plus, right? A colleague borrowed it though. I am gonna get it back today or this weekend so i can see if it works. Or did any of you guys test this already?

Last edited:
Doesnt mention any sort of compatibility with the Xbox 360, you will be lucky if this works.

DJ

mazanga said:
I got the same converter. It's red and called smart joy plus, right? A colleague borrowed it though. I am gonna get it back today or this weekend so i can see if it works. Or did any of you guys test this already?

No, that's not mine. Mine was Game own brand.

I would test it but my replacement 360 died after 10 seconds so I guess I won't be for a while yet. I'm half tempted to give up on it. :(

djdoc360 said:
Ive heard those are meant to be crap mate. I think it was in one of my 360 mags that it got a very low rating.

DJ

Aye,you are right mate,just done a google,and found a wee article on it,doesn't look good at all.

Better edit my post in case some poor sod buys the thing.

:lmao:

Im sure someone somewhere will come up with a mod for the 360 pad... Thats the only thing which is suspect about the 360 pad other than that I like it. Especially the wireless ones they are cool.

DJ

I will try my adapter anyway. Who knows. It might be down to individual adapters. I doubt it tho.

Yeah, after 10 seconds I got the dreaded 3 red lights of doom. I'm either REALLY unlucky or the 360 is the most c*ntish console to set up and I'm doing it wrong. My only hope is that by some freak of chance that I had a power surge that frazzled it on both occasions (and no other household item). I've never experienced one in the 6 years I've lived at my house so I dunno why it would happen now. I'll invest in a surge protector anyway and just hope my next one is fixed properly.

Oh and when I rang UK support,their centre was down so I had to give my details to some yank and was told to wait for a call from the UK centre to arrange my 2nd service. I've waited 24 hours. I was told it would come within 48-72hrs. I'll be lucky to get a replacement before next weekend.

AWAY AN SHITE YA TOOLS THE PS2PAD ON THE 360!LOL

THAT SHOWS HOW CRAP YOU ARE THAT YOU NEED YOUR PS2 CRUTCHES TO PLAY
AND THERE IS NOTHIN WRONG WITH THE 360 PAD ALL THE BUTTONS ARE EASILY REACHED SO GO AWAY AND DIE IN A CORNER WITH THE PS2 PAD ON THE 360 SHITE
DEAR GOD ALL THE LOONIES WHO THINK THE SUN SHINES OUT OF SONYS ASS

Back
Top Bottom