PS2 Demo

gooner1886

Non-League
27 July 2005
Romford
Apparently there is a PS2 Demo in the November edition of Official Playstation 2 Magazine.Which has resident Evil on the cover.It features Arsenal, Chelsea, Real Madrid & Valencia.Choice of 2 Stadiums and you can play one 5 minute half. The mag is due out tomorrow but some shops are selling today.

yeah he is called heatuk10 my mum is on the way to the shops to see if it is there so might have it tonight aswell as him

the pes5 demo is available in the german-speaking countries as well where it was released last week already. so far i´ve played a dozen matches and i really like the new way the game plays. it so much harder to create chances and a lot of the action is going on in midfield (just like in real life). you really have to struggle to get your players in good positions in front of the goal and good opportunities are very rare. most matches i played ended 0-0. i also like that the opposite/cpu defense is much stronger than before, making even crosses hard to get into the box.
it´s a much greater challenge to play againt the cpu and the new, more realistic approach is great in my opionon. the referee now gives advantage more often and with greater foresight. also shooting after recieving a pass now is not so effective anymore and the best way the score in pes4 (making a low pass back in the box so that your central forward can put the ball easily over the line) is also much less effective (which is a good thing for me). as before you can change your team´s kit before a match to avoid similar kits but now you are able to change the shirt, the trousers and the socks (so you can now play england all in white for exemple). nice touch!

by the way: the demo disc always skips you back to the menu screen after a match which is annoying - you can prevent this from happening if you quit the match shortly before it actually ends (in extra-time) as you are then able to select a new match immediately!

Last edited:
Played the playstation 2 demo last night on 3*
It plays slower than PES4 which makes it play more like real football.I only scored about 6 goals in 3 hours so it is more difficult.Passing has to be more accurate and fouls are committed much more easily.Defenders are more harder to get passed. can't wait for the full version it is going to be great!!

Some questions.

1. Does it have the new Real Madrid kits?
2. Does it have the new menus from the final version (with Henry, Terry and Drogba)?
3. Does it have the same crap music as the PC demo?

The OPSM2 demo is quite good but you don`t have enough time to get into the game because of the time you get to play,especially on 4 or 5 stars.
The refs are way too harsh and the players first touches are at times quite awful,but on the bright side the shooting feels right good players will hit consistantly good shots it just feels like pro evo should.

p.s. Anyone played FIFA 06.......LOL!!!

I'd get it but, I only have £10 to my name, and I need that (plus £5) to preorder the full game off HmV.co.uk.

jomarramoj said:
p.s. Anyone played FIFA 06.......LOL!!!

I have. Its completly crap. Nowhere near as good as PES. I played it with an open mind, with people saying its greatly improved etc. Only good thing it has going for it is the commentry/Sound/Licences and the licences and sound are always edited by patchers for PES anyway so only the commentry is really any good ;)

Just played the demo! First match on 5 stars: Chelsea vs. Arsenal - Finished 0-0. Drogba came closest twice. Once was offside and the other he was bundled/dived in the box :mrgreen: Oh and Henry's animation looks good at freekicks.

First impressions of the gameplay: I love it! :shock: It's slower :applause: It has a PES1 feel. You'll certainly have to adapt from PES4.

Last edited:
As a seasoned Pes Player i couldnt believe how similar it is too PES 1 AND 2. Its so much slower than PES4, itl take some gettin use to i think.the first touch takes it well out of a players reach, makes it a scrappy midfield affair, well it has in the 5 or 6 games ive had. No complaints tho itl still be as good as ever.

I bought this demo last night, and i have to say i was pleasently suprised, so much so ive probaly chalked up 30 games plus already!

It really is so addictive, unfortunatly you do only get a 5 minute half... but if u quit the game before alf time hits you can easily be playing again within a minute! =D

Pes5 is looking to be the most FUN pes to play ever! ive been with pro evo since the original and like Robbo said it has a similar feel to it as pro evo one, especially with the pace, wich i think is perfect its not too arcadey and not to boring either. you can really feel a sence of momentum shift between the two sides as you track back or fly forward on the counter.

Passing is alot crisper and deliberate in my opinion, wich makes for some great build up play. In my third match i was playing as cheslea. Lampard dished the ball out to the wing and under the legs of a forward running robben, who nipped in a sweet low cross only to be dispatched by drogba on the half-volley. Volleys are much improved no more rediculous diving header action, just the sweet sound of ball on leather as you smack in a side volley.

Dribbling takes some getting used to, its much more difficult to round players, no-more selling them a quick feint and passing through you have to create your space with quick turns and passing.

After reading some other threads here i was expecting to score wonder goals with lampard and zidane who both have the new 'middle shoot' ability, but i was pleasently supprised to see that this feature isnt as prominent as some people have said. You can get more power and accuracy on shots but its by no-means easy to score from 30 yards anymore.

Certain players also get there shirts pulled out half way through a game, i noticed fabrigas looked sort of odd zommed in to see the untucked shirt in all its glory! Fabrigas looks and plays extremley realistic too!

The overal presentation is much improved and bordering fifa, the display menus are looking crisp and modern. I mean cool modern not tacky modern *think pes3* they're small things but all add up to the big picture.

Comentary has barley changed but the comments seem more relevent to gameplay now, and they will identify if a player has a particullar strong point i.e im playing as beckham to the left of the penaly area and peter will say 'he has a very dangerous cross' again its a small improvement but it works.

Theres so much more to say but i will save a full review till i can play the full game.

Anyway, hope some of this info is helpful to anyone who is unsure of buying the demo... BUY IT! BUY IT NOW!

PS If anyone has any questions regarding drop them here and i'll do my best to answer them for you!

it's pratically the same as the pc demo but on the ps2 and with commentray but teh kit's are old except arsenal and chelsea's shame you can only play 1 half it goes so quick only scored once though it quite thugh

Havent played the PC version, i know the kits are a shame. 5 star is tricky but i scored a hell of a swerved volley with Gudjohnsen :D

I cant wait to play the full version!

I'm LOVING the through balls. Lampard, long out to the left to Duff. Nothing short of Orgasmic :shock:

The player animations look pretty cool too. Perhaps i'm imagining it but Robben and Lamps for example really seem to move like them at times.

hi chaps, got this on friday night

The only thing i was wondering, is the game set at 50Hz ? its just the players & pitch seem ever so slightly squashed (loaded up PES4 in 60hz to compare and they are a little bit larger). Also re: the speed sometimes it still seems a little too quick and other times spot on.

On the plus side...(all observations @ 3*)

* The emphasis on midfield is great
* The physical attributes of players seem even more relevant now
* holding the ball up and looking for players in space to look for the chink in the oppositions defence
* much harder to create a scoring chance
* pitch textures seem far better - Bombonera now less like a ploughed field

on the negative side...

* offsides. seem to happen a tad too often
* ball sometimes moves too fast on shots & occasionally player animations run a bit quick (again could be related to above point on 50hz)

db

Agree with your points Db. Becks took a freekick against me, and it appeared to move like a bullet, literally. ie a bit too fast.
Yup, attributes appear hold more significance now.

Do you think the code would have been tweaked since this one?

up early young man ;)

i think (well hope) that these little glitches may be down to the 50/60hz thing mate. Obv. in the full version you get the opportunity to choose but as this is just a demo i would imagine that it's just the 50hz mode we are being offered.

If so, then i reckon we've got nothing to worry about.

Do u play on a widescreen tv btw ? I dont as i prefer the standard aspect ratio - although have noticed the demo screen is slightly cut off on the left.

Is it possible u could load up pes4 on 60hz and tell me if u reckon the pitch & player are also a little squashed in case its just me!

db

btw - costa rica are through to the wc now too!

I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Right then. Well, yes perhaps the players do look a tad smaller in the demo. I looked at PES4 on 60hz and just as players disappear of to the left they do get thinned out, but that could be the 4:3 aspect ratio boarders on a widescreen tv.
To be honest though, i'm concentrating on the action in the middle of the screen/park so much that i really don't notice it.
Looking forward to the real thing really. :D

Last edited:
Good goal Prof...my fingers are starting to itch...i hope i don't have to wait too long for the game...last year i wa one of the last to have it and it kind of pissed me off..

I'm noticing so many new animations which really add realism. Some nice chesting, trapping and passing ones. Really nice. I find myself pausing the game and watching back the moves :mrgreen:
Perhaps what i find most exciting however, is the fact that i'm using class players, yet i'm not carving out many chances (granted it's only 5 mins though). This means so much to me.

Here's a Lampard shot from distance, the way he likes to do it so often.

Back
Top Bottom