PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

Oh sorry man, I installed it via the PS2, I've got an emac so.... cant really use a PC.

The disc converts fine, But when i come to run it i just get a blank screen.

It needs modes enabling.

Try Modes 1 and 3.

Sorry just noticed the modes have been mentioned already ...

Last edited by a moderator:
i ordered everything i need today...i am sick of dvd's and my ps2 which does not want to read them :nono: ](*,)

is my old seagate 40 gb 5400 good enough for this?

thanks, seems to be ok.

any tutorials around how to connect everything etc.? :) i went to a shop and got the network adapter today allready, couldn't wait :D

if it is warez stuff, ignore it or send me a pm :p

what would be the best way to get HDLoader to Memory card, i don't want to use a disc?

i've got a xport. :)i really need a mem card file or something cause my laser won't read anything anymore...so i can't boot anything :( :(

Last edited:
thanks for the help via pm or msn.

now a last question, what compatibility flag i need to set for we8le?

mode 3 is correct?

got it to boot...just a problem left:

when loading the screens for team setup...i mean, the one after kit selection or when loading the training...it stops loading...freezes the game i think...any idea about that?

it works well other than that..i just can't play lol

Last edited:
*pulls up a last time*
anyone?or any good links where i could ask for help? :)

sorry for this spam here.

Mmmm... how did you install it? Connecting the HD to the PC and then trasfering? Or from the PS2? Try Modes 1+3.

it should work ok with just mode 3 set

are you trying to play a clean or patched version of we8le? the only thing i can think of thats causing it to freeze is a bad file you've imported in to the afs

I may get a hard drive my a mate of mine who always tells lies said that u need a chippted ps2 to have the hard drive to work,but i thought if i was to get the ps2 chipted why dont i just leave it chippted and burn we9
so question is
1.do u need it chippted to use the ps2 hard drive
2.if i buy we9 and get my ps2 chippted can it play other games like from japan cause at the mo my pal playstation cannot play any other contry games this is playing we9 on a chippted ps2 without burning it

only1tevez said:
I may get a hard drive my a mate of mine who always tells lies said that u need a chippted ps2 to have the hard drive to work,but i thought if i was to get the ps2 chipted why dont i just leave it chippted and burn we9
so question is
1.do u need it chippted to use the ps2 hard drive
2.if i buy we9 and get my ps2 chippted can it play other games like from japan cause at the mo my pal playstation cannot play any other contry games this is playing we9 on a chippted ps2 without burning it

1)NO, you do not need a chipped ps2 to use a hard drive...
2)i dont know if you can play games from japan or not, Im in the USA and I can, not sure about UK

cheers can someone conferm if u can play japanesse games on a chipped ps2 without the hdd thing

wolvesfan said:
You need a Hard Drive (between 40gb and 120gb, preferably Maxtor) and a Network adapter for your PS2.
A 20Gb hard drive wouldn't work?

Cuz that's what I'm getting soon.

I think the guy said it's Maxor but we were suppoesd to meet and he hasn't called back now... so dont know if he changed his mind or just busy.

I hope to get one soon though as it will help a lot with patching/testing process.

If I already have the official network adapter, is this all I need to be able to play Winning Eleven 9 from the hard drive?

http://www.ecskent.co.uk/ps2/html/ps2_hard_drive_kit.html

80Gb Hard Drive & HD Advance 3.0
£59.90 Including Special Delivery

If so, that's pretty cheap and I'll be ordering it at the start of September.

I also have some questions about transfering files from my PC, is it possible (like the Xbox) to just connect the console with a crossover ethernet cable and FTP in to the PS2 or will I need something else?

yes but u also need a ??? to usb cause i need this cable i dont know what it is tho

Best bet is to get a hard drive enclosure as it will only take a couple of minutes to transfer a whole game over.

knh4 said:
Best bet is to get a hard drive enclosure as it will only take a couple of minutes to transfer a whole game over.
Yep, thats what I use.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/usb-ide-3-...tionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch
The boxes like this:
52330154776464_0.jpg
and
52331068086464_0.jpg

Jsut get a cheap one, remember USB 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom