PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

sorry to sound stupid here, but this souns class, so here goes, what do i need to be able to run games on this hd loader thing. do i just need a ps2 and a hd loader disk, or some more hardware and stuff? cheers

dreskids said:
sorry to sound stupid here, but this souns class, so here goes, what do i need to be able to run games on this hd loader thing. do i just need a ps2 and a hd loader disk, or some more hardware and stuff? cheers

You need a Hard Drive (between 40gb and 120gb, preferably Maxtor) and a Network adapter for your PS2.

So basically it's not worth buying the offical version of HD LOADER?

And do you still have to run Swap Magic every time to get onto the menu because MY PS" is ancient and takes quite a few times to get games to load.

what u really need is a dms3 chip so u can boot hd loader off of the memory card and forgo the optical drive.

Well no point in doing that my PS2 is nearly dead.. how much do pre chipped DMS3's go for?

I have a flip top lid and the swap magic discs, which is by far the easiest and best way to mod your PS2.

With this, you can do the mem card exploit and use one of your PS1 discs to load it up every time without swapping.

wolvesfan, any news on the FTP capabilities?

I have been speaking with some guys from the PSX forum (guys who developed the WinHIIP software similar to HDL_Dump), and the main guy Gadget Freak is going to start the FTP thing once the WinHIIP development/bug fixing has slowed down.

Do you have a link for any other projects? cheers

My PS2 has a Messiah 2 pro and I have no problems with HDLoader and patched WE7i, maybe there are problems with the rips themselves. But I am using the HDLoader CD not the MC trick.v :)

cleverpetey said:
I have a flip top lid and the swap magic discs, which is by far the easiest and best way to mod your PS2.

With this, you can do the mem card exploit and use one of your PS1 discs to load it up every time without swapping.

PS1 discs?

Please explain Cleverpetey

Anyone know if a 40gig Seagate Barracuda HD would work with the Network Adaptor? ;)

Specs:

Product Description Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 - hard drive - 40 GB - ATA-100
Type Hard drive - internal
Form Factor 3.5" x 1/3H
Dimensions (WxDxH) 10.2 cm x 14.7 cm x 2.6 cm
Weight 0.6 kg
Capacity 40 GB
Interface Type DMA/ATA-100 (Ultra)
Connector 40 PIN IDC
Data Transfer Rate 100 MBps
Average Seek Time 8.5 ms
Spindle Speed 7200 rpm
Cylinders 16383
Heads (Physical) 1
Buffer Size 2 MB

Its more about the distance there is between the Momex and the IDE......Ive got an 80 GB maxtor and works like a charm : )

Yeah, I know Maxtors are the best to get, but this HD is the cheapest I can find, so I was thinking of getting it. Anyone else use one similar and know if it works or fits? :l

I looked on Komplett.ie

Thats where they have that HD up there for €55. Not bad at all compared to the prices I've seen other places!

Jackothedon said:
cleverpetey said:

PS1 discs?

Please explain Cleverpetey
http://www.jeexlabs.com/hdloader/

Does anybody know of a W9x compatible program tha does what HDL_dump does? I can't believe how this PS2 developer community seems to have shut the still popular W9x out.

jumbo said:
Today I got my ps2 back from repairs and it's finally working good! I can install backups using the HDLoader and everything!

I just installed the HDLoader over the DMS Explorer and can now run it by pressing :triangle: on boot!

Simply awesome! No more disks for me! Yeehaw!!

I love this shit!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
i have talked to you before about getting a dms3 and a ps2 from americanmodz, did yours break from them? I want to do exactly what your doing above.... i already got the network adapter.... Do you still recomend them?

Do you have to install a prog to the hard drive?

If so what Prog and do you do it from the pc?

HDLoader is no more - here's the announcement at www.hdloader.com:

HDLoader has been withdrawn from the market and will no longer be available for purchase.

Anyway, here's a review of the (now defunct) product, in which I found out the demise.

csaunders said:
jumbo said:
Today I got my ps2 back from repairs and it's finally working good! I can install backups using the HDLoader and everything!

I just installed the HDLoader over the DMS Explorer and can now run it by pressing :triangle: on boot!

i have talked to you before about getting a dms3 and a ps2 from americanmodz, did yours break from them? I want to do exactly what your doing above.... i already got the network adapter.... Do you still recomend them?

Man, I just posted a long ass reply but this fuckin cheap ass motherfuckin server fucked up and it's gone... :l

Give me a while, I'll rewrite that stuff... ARRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!

guys ive got a problem and hope someone can help me.

my specs:
i believe i have a neo chip, normally i have to start up with action replay and hold the reset button, when i release it the disk open and i can do a swap.

for the rest a maxtor 120 gb, should give a problem.

i start up hddloader while holding onto the reset button. i go to install, press eject, put in a legal ps2 disk to fool my ps2. it accepts the disc, hddloader ask me to name it at this moment i let loose of the reset button, my tray comes out, i put it WE7i, it automaticly closes, all goes fine, i press end and it starts to initialize. and now 10 minutes later its still intializing... :(

guys ive got a problem and hope someone can help me.

my specs:
i believe i have a neo chip, normally i have to start up with action replay and hold the reset button, when i release it the disk open and i can do a swap.

for the rest a maxtor 120 gb, ..should not give a problem.

i start up hddloader while holding onto the reset button. i go to install, press eject, put in a legal ps2 disk to fool my ps2. it accepts the disc, hddloader ask me to name it at this moment i let loose of the reset button, my tray comes out, i put it WE7i, it automaticly closes, all goes fine, i press end and it starts to initialize. and now 10 minutes later its still intializing... :(

its purely backups, hdd works fine, i can install official ps2 cd's

SO I have bought the HD and the PS" network adaptor and i'm waiting for delivery.. i've burnt my PS1 exploit...

Is there anything else I need to do?

Guys i have a v9 50004 ps2 pal.So i have a maxtor 120Gb drive.I need the Hd Advance and the network adaptor right?
Anything else?
And what do i need to in order to make my ps2 reading automatically the games in the disk???????

great..., WE can be released any moment and my ps2 died!

i tried to simulate having a flip top. after i opened everything up it didnt load up my hdloader cd anymore and things just got worse after that. the tray would not open up anymore..well im not gonna put alot more energy in it, the thing was nearly 5 years old.

what do you guys recommend i should do? i only play WE and maybe GTA:SA when it released.
flip tops arent really available here in holland. a slide card is just as good? and is it compatible enough with hddloader?

finally got hd loader working. boots off of my memory card using a psx disc to exploit. no chip, no swap no fliptop. this roxs!! bring me WE8 dvd now!!

jumbo said:
csaunders said:
jumbo said:

Man, I just posted a long ass reply but this fuckin cheap ass motherfuckin server fucked up and it's gone... :l

Give me a while, I'll rewrite that stuff... ARRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!

jumbo any progress on this reply :) i just read the review of WE8 and i wanna order this ASAP, i have afeeling my swap method ps2 will break any day now....

Back
Top Bottom