PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

Harvy2001

League 2
3 December 2001
http://www.hdloader.com/

Have you guys heard of the above utility disc coming out???

It lets you install a game to a HDD on the PS2 and boot it from their too, I dont know if this has been discussed here before but I have already ordered mine from Whitedog games, also Diveno sell it and I think other stores will soon.

Anyways I just thought imagine you could install 3-4 version of WE7 to HDD so easily and play any patch you liked without having to change disc !!!!!

The whole game runs from HDD so loads times are virtually non-existent Ive heard.

Apparently, if you have a copied CD, you can copy and run it from the hard drive without any chip or swap method. :shock: You need something for DVDs though :(

this looks sweet..... i have a spare hard drive here 80gb this is very tempting also i think my laser is about to chuck it so it would save the wear and tear over time :twisted: :twisted: ;)

Apperantly I have a v7 PS2 + DMS3 2.2 flash + 120GB Maxtor + HDLoader.

And no you cannot install copied / import games... :(

I have to admit that the originals that i installed worked very nicely though. I have a fast hdd and they load ultra fast and you save the laser of course.

If anyone has managed to install backups and has DMS3, let me know.

For anyone who has them:

Ps2Ownz said:
We have now sorted how to install PS2 DVD back-ups to the HDD for Flip-Top and Slide Card users! To do so, you must simply follow this process EXACTLY:

1. Boot up HD Loader
2. At main menu, use EJECT button to insert Swap Magic DVD
3. Go to install, the Swap Magic DVD will stop spinning
4. Swap with your back-up via Flip-Top or Slide Card
5. Press OK to install

* CDR back-ups can be installed directly from HD Loader so no Swap Magic Disc is necessary for them, however, "homebrew" CDR compilations (emulators) are not supported yet by HD Loader.

Jumbo try pressing select when hilighting a game and a "hidden" menu comes up. If you change some of the "toggle" switches, the game may work. There are 8 combinations so you may have to fiddle a bit before you find out.

Default mode is when modes 1 & 2 & 3 are all disabled (#1), you can enable mode 1 only (#2), enable
mode 2 only (#3), enable mode 3 only (#4), enable modes 1 & 2 (#5), enable modes 1 & 3 (#6), enable
modes 2 & 3 (#7), or finally enable modes 1 & 2 & 3 (#8).

whats wrong????

I have DMS3 v9 Silver PAL PS2 v9 and IBM Deskstar 60GB drive.

I just installed WE7 Int (with Redux Patch) and just played a game, its working perfectly, I noticed faster loading and moving around the menus is that little faster/smoother, specially when you pick kit colors for your team before a friendly, that loads instanyl instead of the slight pause as it loads the kits.

Ive tried a few games now.

go here if you want to discuss anything about this product a decent forum thier....

http://www.ps2nfo.com/
http://www.ps2nfo.com/ps2hdd.html

I just booted the HDloader disc as normal, clicked Install and inserted the WE7 game in and it worked, I dont understand why yours aint working unless your chip is not working properly or not installed correctly????

OK, bit behind the times here :-) Can you hook up a normal IDE HD to the PS2?

Thought you needed one of the official PS2HDD add-on boxes...

Sorry for being dumb, I'm normally up to speed on these kind of things, just dont get the time these days!!

pboreham said:

Sorry for being dumb, I'm normally up to speed on these kind of things, just dont get the time these days!!

Yes you can, although not all normal Hard Drives fit the network adapter. People recommend Maxtor HDs because they definitely fit.

I think my HDLOader disk is fucked...

Can't make image / straight backup of it usin CDRWIN, NERO or ALCOHOL.

I get read errors, disk errors, etc.

Anyone have a link to this sotfware? I own it, I just need to check another version coz this one sure as hell ain't workin properly...

fuck!!!!

you cant backup the HDloader disk its protected.

Their is a pirate version around the net but that dont work either, apparently lets you install games to HDD but not play them.

I ordered my HDLoader disk from Whitedog Games, good service as usual it arrived next day. (same people who chipped my PS2)

got it, I know what my problem is:

Just tested:

I'm in the browser, I insert a backup, DMS3 detects it. I eject the disk and insert another backup, I get a red screen.

Seems like my DMS3 turns itself after the first boot.

Must be the same with HDLoader, when I open the tray to insert a backup, the chip is already off so I get an invalid disk message...

Goddamit... jesus f christ, i cannot believe this shittttttt...........

?!!?!? Jumbo????!?

1. Turn PS2 on.
2. Insert 'HDD Loader' disc
3. Put PS2 in Standby (hold power button)
4. Press Power button again to start PS2 and HDD loader should boot fine.
5. Select Install
6. Eject disc and Insert PS2 Game (original or backup) when asked
7. Give the game a name and select END

And it should begin installing.

Dont wait for browser screen to appear because sometimes backups etc will not work from thier.

harry you have a dms3, right?

when you turn your ps2 on, insert a backup then take it out, do you get a red screen when tryin to insert another backup without resetting?

just wondering.

and thx, i'll try that.

"Disk inserted is not a valid PlayStation 2 disk!" :(

No matter what I do, how I do it, and how many times I do it... :l

hmmm you cant insert a backup then take it out and insert another I dont see why you are doing this?????

But I think you install is faulty.

Contact your modchip installer.

i did contact him and you just confirmed that my chip is not faulty....

damn, i'ma have to "borrow" another HDLoader and try that before I do something stupid........... :|

wolvesfan said:
pboreham said:

Yes you can, although not all normal Hard Drives fit the network adapter. People recommend Maxtor HDs because they definitely fit.

What do you do then? Literally shove it in th Network Adapter port? Is there a good website with some info on this?!

wolvesfan said:
pboreham said:

What do you do then? Literally shove it in th Network Adapter port? Is there a good website with some info on this?!

I got it.

I booted a backup copy of the HDLoader and went to install and w/o ejecting i selected continue and it asked me to insert a name, etc.

When I ejected the tray and closed with the same disk in, I got the "invalid ps2 disk" message.

My chip simply disables it on EJECT and there's nothin I can do about it.

Must have somethin to do with the sleep mode activating on RESET (5 sec.).

Damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You lucky fuckers. :D :p

Just wondering I have a chipped ps2 but my mate don’t so if I install a load of games (import and rips)with my chipped ps2 and then put the hdd in his unchipped ps2 would it work ??????

thank you please

Elite said:
SO your saying that you can play backed up games (WE8888888888) on the hd with a UNCHIPPED ps2?? But you cant put backups with a unchipped ps2 on the hd? Only with a chipped?

Here is a site for the dutch http://www.futuremax.nl/ very cheap!!

Yes, all that is true, although you need an original HD Loader on the unchipped PS2

Back
Top Bottom