PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

that memory thing, i dont really get why the hell u would like to have hdd loader on your memory card? u will still need to have a modchip or make a swap everytime u wanna install a backup am i right?

what exactly is the advantage in doing this?

i allready got everything set up now, bought a new ps2, bought a ps1 game, made the exploit cd, freed space on my mem card.
... i thought i was there but then it said u still need a swap mechanism to run the thing, could of quessed it, i was fooled cause in the guide it didnt say anything about a mod of some kind at the top list of things u need.

well a slide card is allready ordered and coming my way, should be in by monday. i hope it doesnt fuck up my new silver ps2

im pretty pissed by all this. i dont even want to know how much money i spend just to play WE8 from a my hdd. im gonna be so releaved when its all working.

Does anyone know if a Windows 9x compatible version of HDL_Dump has been released?

what size should the psownz free hdloader be on your memory card it said it had installed correctly but its only about 3kb of corrupted data on card....

this is what it says when i try to load up with psx game

could not load file
loadElf returned -1
could not execute file mc0:/BADATA-SYSTEM/HDLOADERLITE.ELF

csaunders said:
cleverpetey said:
Does anyone know if a Windows 9x compatible version of HDL_Dump has been released?
man i think its time you should upgrade.... if you dont have the cash, then try linux....
I have winXP, I just don't want to install it because then I'd have to do so in all my computers, and then I'd have to upgrade the hardware on them. Plus I don't think XP is better than Win98, to be honest.

Lunix? Not a chance, mate.

Anyways, I've now found a program to use WinHIIP is the name. By far the best of all these programs yet, it supports Win9x as well as XP.

only flaw of this would be sony are cracking down on piracy and trying to get all games on dvd9 discs by 2005 meaning the hdd does not work with dvd9 discs.. the new grand theft auto will not work for sure

dvd9 games work fine if u transfer them from a pc iso while your ps2 hdd is in the pc. and eventually you will be able to transfer isos fine over the network adapter. (you can now but its slow as shit)

and to cleverpetey, if you think win98 is better than winxp in any way, you obviously dont have any clue about either operating system or used xp at any length. im not saying xp is better than a linux setup but it's a fucking thousand times better than win98. winxp and win2k however are a lot closer in stability.

It depends on your PC, really, foss. Mine run a lot better with 98. They're not very new, but then again, if they were then I probably wouldn't be playing games on my PS2.

One clear advantage with Win98 is that you don't have to worry about virii as much as XP users, also.

cleverpetey said:
csaunders said:
cleverpetey said:
man i think its time you should upgrade.... if you dont have the cash, then try linux....
I have winXP, I just don't want to install it because then I'd have to do so in all my computers, and then I'd have to upgrade the hardware on them. Plus I don't think XP is better than Win98, to be honest.

Lunix? Not a chance, mate.

Anyways, I've now found a program to use WinHIIP is the name. By far the best of all these programs yet, it supports Win9x as well as XP.
why not linux? Its more stable then any OS you have named, and no one that i have ever met, has ever gotten a virus on linux, you can emulate most windows programs on linux....

PESV said:
that memory thing, i dont really get why the hell u would like to have hdd loader on your memory card? u will still need to have a modchip or make a swap everytime u wanna install a backup am i right?

i allready got everything set up now, bought a new ps2, bought a ps1 game, made the exploit cd, freed space on my mem card.
... i thought i was there but then it said u still need a swap mechanism to run the thing, could of quessed it, i was fooled cause in the guide it didnt say anything about a mod of some kind at the top list of things u need.

well a slide card is allready ordered and coming my way, should be in by monday. i hope it doesnt fuck up my new silver ps2

im pretty pissed by all this. i dont even want to know how much money i spend just to play WE8 from a my hdd. im gonna be so releaved when its all working.
YOU DONT NEED A SWAP DISK OR A MOD PS@. Use HDL_DUMP, basically you connect the HD to your pc and install the patched game on the pc, slap that bitch back in your PS2 and your in like flynn!!!!

ok can someone now make a step by step guide for idiots like me? or point me to the direction of where i can get some reading material on the subject

csaunders said:
PESV said:

YOU DONT NEED A SWAP DISK OR A MOD PS@. Use HDL_DUMP, basically you connect the HD to your pc and install the patched game on the pc, slap that bitch back in your PS2 and your in like flynn!!!!

But don't you need somrthing to boot the ps2?

Or does the ps2 read straight of the hd and load?

Jackothedon said:
csaunders said:
PESV said:

But don't you need somrthing to boot the ps2?

Or does the ps2 read straight of the hd and load?
you need hdadvance in your ps2, then it will load the games of the hard drive

Anyone managed to install original

WE5
WE5FE

onto the HDD, using HD Loader.

It just does not work for me. From WE6 to WE8 is ok!!!!

wilier said:

WE5
WE5FE

did u install thru hd loader or connect to your pc and transfer the iso?

foss said:
wilier said:

WE5
WE5FE

did u install thru hd loader or connect to your pc and transfer the iso?

I used HD Loader... before i attempt to unplug my HDD and attach it to my ancient PC, i want to know whether it is the actual game that has a problem, etc...

csaunders said:
why not linux? Its more stable then any OS you have named, and no one that i have ever met, has ever gotten a virus on linux, you can emulate most windows programs on linux....
I have no problems with Win98, mate.

wilier said:

WE5
WE5FE

WE5 works with Mode 3 Enabled.. i don't have WE5FE but i'm pretty sure it will work also with Mode 3 Enabled.

i installed using hdl_dump (ps2 handiness 0.75 GUI)

foss said:
wilier said:

WE5
WE5FE

WE5 works with Mode 3 Enabled.. i don't have WE5FE but i'm pretty sure it will work also with Mode 3 Enabled.

i installed using hdl_dump (ps2 handiness 0.75 GUI)

Using HDD Loader, you cannot set the Mode 3 enabled prior to installing, correct? Which means it will not work.

I need to physically remove the HDD and plug into a PC, before following your method of hdl_dump right?

ok just got this and works ok, except one thing.
my xported option files for we8 dont work. i cant figure it out. they worked when i played we8 on dvd but as soon as i put the game on the hdd there is an error in loading the op file. when i go to options you can see that an option file exists but it just doesnt load properly. i thought it might be because i loaded a new untested translation patch so i then put the origianl iso which also failed to load the op file.

please any help is appreciated, option file comes from xport if that makes any difference

fedagent:

reupload the xport saves onto your memory card. whenever i update my memory card by way of cd with new elfs (such as hd advance) my xport saves get corrupted. sucks but you shouldnt have to do that more than once (or twice once you install ftp onto your memory card so you can add new elfs that way)

Back
Top Bottom