PS2 HDD Utility >> > www.hdloader.com

Ash, I've been online sometimes past 2 days hoping to talk to you but never saw you online.

why dont you add me "sinashgh".

Anyways I got the hard drive and official ps2 network adapter today plus hd loader software but am confused with a lot of stuff.

The hard drive is a 20Gb Maxtor.

First I had trouble installing the hard drive on my ps2 to see it but now I think I've done that.. question is how do i put an ISO on my Maxtor Hard drive... bring it to ps2 downstairs and make it run an ISO?? I'm not even sure if it will run the ISO or if we have to extract the stuff from WE9 ISo to it??

Maybe I'm missing whole point of having hdd but I thought it was so I don't have to waste burning dvds every day when I want to patch my own game.. and put new pitches/faces and lot of things in and quickly check to see if they work instead of burning DVD for each.

Any help would be appreciated. I hope i havent bought wrong thing.

ashmufc said:
Yep, thats what I use.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/usb-ide-3-5_W0QQsofocusZbsQQsbrftogZ1QQfromZR10QQsatitleZusbQ20ideQ203.5QQsacatZ-1QQcatrefZC6QQsargnZ-1QQsaslcZ3QQsadisZ200QQfposZPostcodeQQga10244Z10425QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQcoactionZcompareQQcopagenumZ1QQcoentrypageZsearch
The boxes like this:
52330154776464_0.jpg
and
52331068086464_0.jpg

Jsut get a cheap one, remember USB 2.0.
What is it exactly? What does it do?

PLF said:
Ash, I've been online sometimes past 2 days hoping to talk to you but never saw you online.

why dont you add me "sinashgh".

Anyways I got the hard drive and official ps2 network adapter today plus hd loader software but am confused with a lot of stuff.

The hard drive is a 20Gb Maxtor.

First I had trouble installing the hard drive on my ps2 to see it but now I think I've done that.. question is how do i put an ISO on my Maxtor Hard drive... bring it to ps2 downstairs and make it run an ISO?? I'm not even sure if it will run the ISO or if we have to extract the stuff from WE9 ISo to it??

Maybe I'm missing whole point of having hdd but I thought it was so I don't have to waste burning dvds every day when I want to patch my own game.. and put new pitches/faces and lot of things in and quickly check to see if they work instead of burning DVD for each.

Any help would be appreciated. I hope i havent bought wrong thing.

You can connect the HD to your PC, like a secondary HDD, or use a IDE to USB cable... then use WinHiip to transfer iso images to the HDD... that's the way i do it, and i have no problems, and it really does save on DVDs!!!

wilier said:
You can connect the HD to your PC, like a secondary HDD, or use a IDE to USB cable... then use WinHiip to transfer iso images to the HDD... that's the way i do it, and i have no problems, and it really does save on DVDs!!!
WinHiip? Is that a free software?

I was told I need 3 things to do this.

1. Hdd
2. Network Adapter
3. HD loader software (This is part i'm not sure about, is this what I needed or HD advance).

And so it's good news it is indeed the ISO that ps2 can read and play.

j4y3m said:
What is it exactly? What does it do?
The boxes work as a way to connect your HD to your PC via a USB safely, i.e. prevents static shock and prevents damaage of the actual HD disc.

Hey Ash, any chance you could come online, let's set up a meeting time and do it. I went after Chelsea vs. Arsenal the other day but couldn't see you.

Anyways I think i've got it working because I ran a clean We9ISo ;) from hdd. Now problem is it's a pain in the ass to take the hdd out of ps2.. hook it up to my PC everytime I want to change something, so now I want to transfer ISO via network but heard I need to put some program on MC or something. I need to be able to put an elf file on memory card or something?? I'm not sure.

take care

PLF said:
Hey Ash, any chance you could come online, let's set up a meeting time and do it. I went after Chelsea vs. Arsenal the other day but couldn't see you.

Anyways I think i've got it working because I ran a clean We9ISo ;) from hdd. Now problem is it's a pain in the ass to take the hdd out of ps2.. hook it up to my PC everytime I want to change something, so now I want to transfer ISO via network but heard I need to put some program on MC or something. I need to be able to put an elf file on memory card or something?? I'm not sure.

take care
GET USB TO IDE, BRILLIANT

Ok I've got it working now and inserted some faces/pitches and loaded it up without wasting DVds.

It's great.. thanks everyone who helped.

is their a package out their that has a ide maxtor hard drive about 80 gigs,hd loader or anyone of them and the cables and that the ide/usb cable

Ok, so after me trying to play a Fahrenheit backup for about 5 hours so far, and trying everything I can with the PS2, DVD etc... I think I've finally decided that a HD might be the way to go.
I've got the network adaptor on order, so the actual HD and the software is all I have to sort out. I know from reading its best to get the external case etc... and I'll be looking for a 3.5" Maxtor HD. The only thing I'm not sure on is the actual software I should get, HDLoader? HDAdvance? something else?

Anyone willing to give me some info or advice? :D

old thread - :D but anybody got a current tutorial on how to get hdloader to memory card? need it for a friend

Thinking of fitting a HD to save my laser but the compatibility site is foiked anyone have one fitted and working with HD loader... I need a fully compatible make and model that will fit PS2..

Most anything I have used besides some Western Digital HDD's fit just fine. Most of my friends and I used the 160GB Samsung SP1604N or SP1614N.......I dont think the buffer memory really makes a noticable difference in the PS2(the only difference between the drives is the cache size 2MB or 8MB).
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Har...es/HardDiskDrive_SpinPointPSeries_SP1604N.asp
http://www.samsung.com/Products/Har...es/HardDiskDrive_SpinPointPSeries_SP1614N.asp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom