PS2 Nerwork adaptor

KingCeri

Non-League
21 July 2005
Hi guys,
I'm planning on playing PES5 online, but to be honest, I know very little about Network Play. Can anyone recommend a good Network Adaptor, or is there only one available?
Cheers
KC

There's only one available, but if your gonna get one I would recommend getting a network adapter/hdd package. No more wasting dvd's if your into patching and you can put all your games on the hdd and play them straight off it :D But you can't play online off the hdd though :(

mattster12 said:
There's only one available, but if your gonna get one I would recommend getting a network adapter/hdd package. No more wasting dvd's if your into patching and you can put all your games on the hdd and play them straight off it :D But you can't play online off the hdd though :(

Excellent, any chance you can post a link to where I can get one from??

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what are the benefits of the hdd, and does my PS need to be chipped for it to work?

You don't need a modded ps2 for it too work, it basically means you can store all your games on the hdd and play em off there. No changing the disc everytime, also if your into patching you can just transfer games directly from your pc to your ps2 hdd. So now wasting dvd's either.

Cool. Thanks for all you help mattster. Just one more thng...Do you think it's worth getting the Swap Magic Tools? They seem pretty handy, and if I got them, it would force me to buy a Slimline PS2 (which I need as my current PS2 is 3 years old, and making some very odd nises)?

timsmith10000 said:
dont bother getting the hdd - dont need it in my opinion plus if you get a slimline cos your ps2 is aabout broke then you cannot add the hdd to it as there is no bay. Im on ps2 online and think its excellent and very easy to set up.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl/026-6405756-1226062

thats where you should buy it from! Mine was off play but they have sold out now.
Right, so i still need a Network Adaptor, even if I buy a slimline PS2, because I thought it was all intergrated?

It is all integrated, the new PSTwo consoles don't need a network adaptor.

Back
Top Bottom