• FYI@all new content creators. Make sure the links to your mods and patches are in accordance to our forum rules regarding Monetization! Modders breaking them will find their corresponding threads removed without further warning or notice and their accounts banned as we see fit! As of the 24/11/2019 we no longer allow any form of Monetization for mods/patches that our members make. For further in detail information please check out the following thread: General Rules regarding Filesharing and Monetization By reading and dismissing this notice you hereby accept this policy and agree to its terms. Any violation to this will result in disciplinary action. Thanks for your attention!

PS2 Network Adapter Availablity

DubNoBass

Non-League
9 May 2002
Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I may be able to lay my hands on one of these? As yet all my attempts to locate one (through shops & online) have, as yet, proved fruitless. Apparently there is a real shortgage from Sonys end and there is no confirmed date of arrival.

One other question that has been probably answered a million times before (but thought I would ask seeing how I'm here) - Does having a modded PS2 (Messiah) prohibit you from going online even with an original game?

Muchos Gracias
 
B

beatswiss

Guest
DubNoBass said:
One other question that has been probably answered a million times before (but thought I would ask seeing how I'm here) - Does having a modded PS2 (Messiah) prohibit you from going online even with an original game? Muchos Gracias
Yes and no. If you can disable the modchip, then you can go online. For example, I have the DMS 4 professional chip (in my opinion by far the best modchip ever for the PS2). I press :l1: while booting and the Modchip is disabled. Then I can play online. Of course you need the original game then. No idea if that works with other mod chips also.

Greetz
 

Clockender

is back...but for how long?
27 November 2001
East Lower, Block 13
Arsenal FC
DubNoBass said:
Hi guys,

Do any of you know where I may be able to lay my hands on one of these? As yet all my attempts to locate one (through shops & online) have, as yet, proved fruitless. Apparently there is a real shortgage from Sonys end and there is no confirmed date of arrival.

One other question that has been probably answered a million times before (but thought I would ask seeing how I'm here) - Does having a modded PS2 (Messiah) prohibit you from going online even with an original game?

Muchos Gracias

Go here mate:

Network Adapter - £25 approx
 

mikemcenroe

Conference
29 April 2002
if you want one off the high street, the only place i could find any decent stock of them was PCworld, that was in manchester, my brother also picked one up in PCworld in stockport, still £25 though
i picked up a 2ndhand one from a console shop for a tenner, might be worth a trip to your local privatly owned console shop
 
E

evilgnome

Guest
mikemcenroe > WTF IS THAT IN YOUR AVARTAR?? MAKES ME WANNA PUKE...
 
V

villan2112

Guest
try the Gameplay website - selling them for under 20. Will broadband basic be ok for online gaming - i've got a 106 modem from bt but will i need to get a new one if i want to play Evo 5 online? Any help will be appreciated.
 

tobi

"Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose."
5 August 2005
Spurs, Suns and Cowboys
so i have to buy a slimline just to go online? sony sort it out.
 
M

MonkeyJug

Guest
beatswiss said:
Yes and no. If you can disable the modchip, then you can go online. For example, I have the DMS 4 professional chip (in my opinion by far the best modchip ever for the PS2). I press :l1: while booting and the Modchip is disabled. Then I can play online. Of course you need the original game then. No idea if that works with other mod chips also.

Greetz

do you know if i can play online using swap magic, or do i have to break and buy pes5? :lmao:
 
Top Bottom