[PS2, PES5] it is out! (in the Netherlands)

can someone do a mini review or something about online play, just for the lag issues mainly. for ps2 or xbox.

im holding back untill i read what people have to say about it online, because thats the only reason im buying it

The first reactions about online play are that there is a minimal to no amount of lag. Nothing to worry about, although someone with a bad connection will still always cause lag...

ok, after a second night of play i can say something more reliable about the online-experience:

before you start a match, you indeed see a connection indicator which (in my opinion) should be green to have a good game without lag. Yellow can work, but is sometimes laggy.

Green is not totally lag-free, but let's say 95% of the time it is.
Lag then, is a blur for 0.5 seconds or sometimes (very rare) all the players freeze for 0.1/0.2 seconds and then pop-up one step further. The last one is more irritating, but as said is very rare (only had that in one match out of 20 and i think it was due to the connection of my opponent)

Then, it is true that the first half is hosted by the match-room-starter and the second one by the guest-player. It is possible that you play one half lag-free (my 20 mbit is not causing trouble at all ;) ) and you play a more laggy second half or visa versa.

it is not possible to create your own league with friends, at least i did not find it. (please tell me if i am wrong) It is also is not possible to play with your ML-team, which i think is dissapointing.

Resume:
I think pes-online can be called "the feature we were always waiting for"
Offcourse there are some minor-issues, but i have/had so much fun playing against spanish, french, german, italian, english and offcourse dutch players that those issues will not be in mind very long.

ask away... (no kit-questions) ;)

one question, will an option file made with the beta version work with the retail? i'll know either later today if my copy come or tomorrow anyway but would like to know so i can release my patch

as for the online lag, i beta tested it and had no problems in the majority of games, obviously it all depends on your and your opponents connection so if you play someone with a yellow arrow then there will be some lag when they're hosting

and the option-file created with the "beta" will also work fine ;)
No whining please, i bought the original allready

Boefje said:
ok, after a second night of play i can say something more reliable about the online-experience:

before you start a match, you indeed see a connection indicator which (in my opinion) should be green to have a good game without lag. Yellow can work, but is sometimes laggy.

Green is not totally lag-free, but let's say 95% of the time it is.
Lag then, is a blur for 0.5 seconds or sometimes (very rare) all the players freeze for 0.1/0.2 seconds and then pop-up one step further. The last one is more irritating, but as said is very rare (only had that in one match out of 20 and i think it was due to the connection of my opponent)

Then, it is true that the first half is hosted by the match-room-starter and the second one by the guest-player. It is possible that you play one half lag-free (my 20 mbit is not causing trouble at all ;) ) and you play a more laggy second half or visa versa.

it is not possible to create your own league with friends, at least i did not find it. (please tell me if i am wrong) It is also is not possible to play with your ML-team, which i think is dissapointing.

Resume:
I think pes-online can be called "the feature we were always waiting for"
Offcourse there are some minor-issues, but i have/had so much fun playing against spanish, french, german, italian, english and offcourse dutch players that those issues will not be in mind very long.

ask away... (no kit-questions) ;)
Boefje, what kind of internetconnection do you have (cable, ISDN) and from which provider? Currently I have nothing but the good old phoneline but the attic is being converted into a gamesroom (with internet) and I´m not sure what kind of connection is the best.

Just a word of warning... i got my copy this morning 9:30am from play.com

I had to sign for it off postman...so beware...i dont think they will leave it through letterbox if you are not there/awake!!!

steevio_uk said:
Just a word of warning... i got my copy this morning 9:30am from play.com

I had to sign for it off postman...so beware...i dont think they will leave it through letterbox if you are not there/awake!!!

Same here, they seem to send some of their orders recorded now, I guess due to stuff going missing in the post.

I ordered mine from Play.com and it still hasn't come, was hoping it would be here today as it was posted on Tuesday morning.

burchet said:
Boefje, what kind of internetconnection do you have (cable, ISDN) and from which provider? Currently I have nothing but the good old phoneline but the attic is being converted into a gamesroom (with internet) and I´m not sure what kind of connection is the best.

Versatel ADSL, 20 Mbit + "Live Eredivisie" + Telefonie.
€ 50 a month. Check your distance to telecom-cabin in your street (distance > 1500 mtr gives bad result and cable is a better option)
i am 300 mtr from the cabin and i get a full 15 Mbit (5 goes to decoder for digital-TV)

Boefje said:
Versatel ADSL, 20 Mbit + "Live Eredivisie" + Telefonie.
€ 50 a month. Check your distance to telecom-cabin in your street (distance > 1500 mtr gives bad result and cable is a better option)
i am 300 mtr from the cabin and i get a full 15 Mbit (5 goes to decoder for digital-TV)
Mijn dank is groot :)

Steevio_uk you have the retaril version of PES 5 ?

The Roma kit in the game is this one 04/05 :
ASRomaHSS0405.gif

or this one 05/06 :
ASRomaHSS0506.gif

as i said thomas mate... it is top one....i have retail version.

Any other questions?

(Just done my first flip flap.. oooh)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom