PS2 to Xbox pad converters?

Joystick

Deep like Titanic
10 August 2004
London
The Arse
Sorry, I know this has been cover extensively before but can anyone recommend a good PS2 to Xbox pad converter and where to get it from?

I persevered with the xbox pad to good effect in the end with PES4, but the new R2 shot is just gonna be too difficult with the black button :(

all the folk who play using converters are just downright crap use the pad for machine the pad is for its not the pad that it is at fault its you

converter pad players should not be allowed on xbox live ibet they play halo2 and summit strike with xbox pads!!!!!

cant wait for the 360 no converter pussys

darth_bulbous said:
all the folk who play using converters are just downright crap use the pad for machine the pad is for its not the pad that it is at fault its you

converter pad players should not be allowed on xbox live ibet they play halo2 and summit strike with xbox pads!!!!!

cant wait for the 360 no converter pussys

lol

What is the problem mate? Some people (like myself) are used to the ps2 pad because they have used it to play pes for years. I feel that it's design is more suitable for playing pes. So I chose to use a converter so i did not have to deal with that chunky xbox pad with the funny white and black buttons. I don't see why that is a reason i should be banned from xboxlive or should be called crap or pussy. I wonder why you sound so frustrated about players that are using converters. Why don't you add me on live. We could discuss your bottled-up anger while we play a few matches.

Bottom line - PES and xbox pads just dont go.....

thank god for dreambox converters...

but get a PS2 because PES5 will be online and xbox's are shite anyway

mazanga said:
Get a converter from darkplanets. I got mine from them. Good service and a great product.

Thanks guys, I will check those out.

And yes, to a point I agree that you should use the pad for the console, which I did and still do for PES4. However, for me one of the sweetest pleasures in Pro Evo is spanking in a killer drive from miles out of the box, and this new R2 shot sounds like the mutz nutz to me. I think its just gonna be too much to press BLACK as you press X on an Xbox pad, so time to convert, or revert as the case may be.

Besides, my PS2 has sat rotting ever since I got PES4 xbox, so I might as well at least use its peripherals :p

I can easily switch between ps2 pad and xbox pad and there is no difference, i did buy a converter to start with but found that the xbox controller was in fact rather good. I play the xbox version of pes because its better, and only play the ps2 version for the WE series.

end of really.

converter boys should just fuck off to ps2 pes when and if its online on the pishstation2

oh and the black button is easily reached on the pad its no excuse for being shite
dont use a converter they have no place on the xbox you are kiding yourself if you think it makes you a better player...........

dont start this ps2 is better than xbox shite mate you just plain suck!!!!!

:roll:

darth you really have some issues mate, if people using a different controller to you makes you that angry I can only imagine what actual important things really make lose the rag....

Grow up a bit mate, people will use whatever controller they want for whatever game/ system they want as long as theres a way to do so. No point in letting yourself get into a rage because of this, as there's no logical reason for it. It really is showing just how irrational some people can be, when they decide that this type of thing is a major injustice worth spouting on about.

oh and the black button is easily reached on the pad its no excuse for being shite
dont use a converter they have no place on the xbox you are kiding yourself if you think it makes you a better player...........

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what the fuck are u smoking my friend, oh and the black button is easily reached on the pad its no excuse for being shite

:lmao: :lmao: i got both counsels ps2&xbox and xbox controll is fucking shit to play pes games, especialy in pes5 :r2: will be very usefull,
that's the main reasen i am getting xbox360 coz the controller has 4 shoulder botons \\:o/

ronaldo10 said:
:lmao: :lmao: i got both counsels ps2&xbox and xbox controll is fucking shit to play pes games, especialy in pes5 :r2: will be very usefull,
that's the main reasen i am getting xbox360 coz the controller has 4 shoulder botons \\:o/

What are these botons you talk of, i want one lol

darth_bulbous said:
converter boys should just fuck off to ps2 pes when and if its online on the pishstation2

I will do what i want when i want with whatever i want, you don't like it, then don't do it, simple. We are all different, but i don't tell you what you can and cannot do. It's called freedom.

Woah Bulbous take a pill. 1st off pro evo started off life on ps0ne and moved on to ps2 so maybe people who've been playing the game for years want to still use a ps pad cause their used to it? Myself, I use a ps2 pad with dreambox connection cause I wanted to play online. But you have to say xbox pes4 was a pish poor conversion of ps2 pes4 only saved by a laggy online mode. No I'm not a sony fanboy either - I'm fortunate enough to have all the consoles. Relax mate.

Yeah, I'm one of the ones who have had all the ISS/ISS PES/PES games through the years....

I see the Playstation pad as an extension of my footballing brain...

It's like if you got your leg chopped off and get a wooden leg fitted. You'd still be able to walk, and eventually you'd get used to it...but it would never be the same, and it would always be an extra issue in your mind.

PES requires clarity to create football love.

I got two dreambox converters from dark planets a long while ago.

They're not as good as people make out.

You need to push the buttons quite hard to get a response from them.

I can't work out if the game takes longer to respond than the Ps2 version because of the adapters or just because it's an inferior version but I defintaely wish I'd got the PS2 version and wont make the same mistake this time round.

bonus said:

I can't work out if the game takes longer to respond than the Ps2 version because of the adapters or just because it's an inferior version but I defintaely wish I'd got the PS2 version and wont make the same mistake this time round.

Wasn't this covered when we first tried out the dreambox, if you press the analog on just after the game starts loading, rather than waiting for the xbox to turn it on (just after microsoft screen maybe), the buttons become really responsive. It's how i remember it anyway.

bonus said:

Read below your post mate.

When you turn your XBOX on, you need to press the analog button yourself before the light comes on, on its own.

The pad is now perfect.

I have spent the last year thinking this was rubbish because of the unresponsive pads, if this works, I'm going to be fairly annoyed with myself :-).

EDIT: Works perfect :-D.

Last edited:
KOP_007 said:
Read below your post mate.

When you turn your XBOX on, you need to press the analog button yourself before the light comes on, on its own.

The pad is now perfect.

Didn't i already say this?? :p

Quote: Wasn't this covered when we first tried out the dreambox, if you press the analog on just after the game starts loading, rather than waiting for the xbox to turn it on (just after microsoft screen maybe), the buttons become really responsive. It's how i remember it anyway

OR you can buy a ps1 pad. They work perfect with the dreambox The shoulder buttons on the ps1 pads are digital instead of analogue like the ones on the ps2 pad. I seem to remember that that was the reason for their great compatibility with the dreambox. I bought a few when pes4 came out on xbox and i think they are actually better for pes than the ps2 pads. I use them on my ps2 aswel when i play WE9 (and now the pes5 beta :-) :-) ).

They are also cheaper BUT onfortunately the have become harder to find on the internet and especially in the shops.

bonus.... it's so messed up and very funny to hear that you have unnecassarily struggled with pes4 for almost a year lol

Back
Top Bottom