PS2 (Two)

that console is absolutely amazing i know it will ont change the spec but it looks so beatiful.

its smaller than one of my school books!! Its a shame i dont think i will get one.

it looks wonderful

Most Game Stores would probably give you about 30-40 quid for your old PS2, then add in games etc too that. Quite often they run a promo though to get trade ins and sell more 'NEW' consoles, so sales figures look higher, even though all people are doing is 'replacing' rather than getting a new console.

The PStwo does look very cool indeed, I recently bought a Silver PS2, but I may trade in my old Black one for this little one, though it sitting beside my Xbox it will look like a book mark.

If you are using or planning to use a hard drive with your PS2, this is not a good way to replace your PS2 because apparently there will be no way to hook up one. Sony must have taken a drastic measure to limit the potential use of PS2, like *cough* HDLoader. The compact size shouldn't make modding easier either, nor do I suspect changed disc loading mechanism would make disc swapping trick easier. Instead, it almost seems like Sony has declared PS2 is fully guarded against any kind of tampering. Interesting move.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty useless to be honest. Isn't the PS2 already behing performance-wise? Why release another version of the console when they should be working on the PS3? Almost everyone that wants a PS2 will probably already have one and not many people will buy this, I think.

they also made another version of the PS1, and they still sell loads of it. many people will buy a new PS2 for the new GTA, either because their old PS2 (laser) is broken or they never had one. if they're smart, they will release a bundle with GTA in it.

Ashed said:
I think it's pretty useless to be honest. Isn't the PS2 already behing performance-wise? Why release another version of the console when they should be working on the PS3? Almost everyone that wants a PS2 will probably already have one and not many people will buy this, I think.
It's cheaper for them to produce, takes up less room in warehouses, and it's still outselling the other consoles easily (atm 30,000 a week in Japan alone). The timing with GTA and this release is perfect and quite bluntly aimed at stealing Halo 2's thunder (which tbh I think it will do).

Work on the PS3 will continue as planned but the chip at the heart of it is only just being finished and high production of it wont start until next year there's precious little they can do in terms of manufacture. Even the replies in this thread show the interest from people who still have perfectly working PS2s, let alone childrens' parents looking to get 'one of those playstation things' for Christmas.

new-ps2-media-20040921090951327.jpg

Picture of the flip top

Made another thread having not seen this one, must apologise for that!

I just bought a new PS2, i'm gonna give that one to my nephew and get this, easier to fit this and my cube in a smaller space in my room, I reckon they'll have worked on the performance of it aswell. Having no disk tray may help greatly.

Well atleast you wouldnt need to buy a network adapter if you bought this one as it has a built in one, so now sony are working on 3 consoles and a handheld gaming thing which are, PSP, PSTwo, PS3 and the PSX.

PES3 MGS3 crazy fan said:
Well atleast you wouldnt need to buy a network adapter if you bought this one as it has a built in one, so now sony are working on 3 consoles and a handheld gaming thing which are, PSP, PSTwo, PS3 and the PSX.

PSTwo is ready for release pretty much so they're no longer working on it, it's gonna be released November 1st in the UK.

The PSX was recieved so poorly in Japan, I believe it was dropped by Sony.

So pretty much the PS3 and PSP is all that they're working on.

Actually in the latest OPSM said what are you most waited for or something and they mentioned the PSX, anyway have you heard what the PS3 graphics are gonna be like. I found out because they said Fifa is already on the PS3 and saying what the graphics should be like sounded very realistic.

Seems Sony has had a little hiccup just like MS did :

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Announces Recall of Certain AC Adaptors sold with the slimline PlayStation®2

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) has identified a possible safety concern with certain AC Adaptor units supplied with the new slimline PlayStation®2.

Certain AC Adaptors, identified as manufactured between August 2004 and December 2004, and supplied with the PlayStation 2 models SCPH 70002, 70003 and 70004 may overheat and cause an injury hazard to consumers. It is likely that some of these units may have been on sale after this date. No other PlayStation 2 units are affected.

To ensure the quality and safety of PlayStation products for consumers, SCEE has taken the decision to recall all affected AC Adaptors in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.

Consumers can also contact the dedicated recall Helpline on 0800 555 516
A new AC Adaptor will be provided free of charge, together with a postage-paid envelope to return the existing unit. Please do not take your AC Adaptor back to the place of purchase.

As a precautionary measure, and until a replacement is provided, SCEE advises customers owning one of the AC Adaptors affected by this Notice to unplug the PlayStation 2 from the power supply and discontinue use until a replacement AC Adaptor is provided.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

http://www.ps2ac.com/

I have a model 7004, manufactured August 2004 but not the 'bad' adapter code. Lucky me. ;)

It seems fantastic but I prefer old ones I have 30004 and I use HD.If I have slimone I cant use and also I cant play my backups;they are not good for slims laser is more sensetive!!Besides slims dont have fan(warn me if I am wrong) so in my country It can blow up like a bomb at summer!Lol!!hehe:)

Back
Top Bottom