PS2 (Two)

LemonJelly

Bungie's Bitch
28 August 2002
UK
Sony have gone the route of the PS1 by releasing a smaller model of the PS2, the SCPH-70000, which will be released in Europe and NA on November 1st.

Overall, the internal volume of the system has been reduced by 75%, the weight of the device has been cut in half, and the thickness of the system has been trimmed by approximately 60%. Its overall size is around that of your typical hardcover book -- putting it perfectly in line with its rumored consumer codename, the PSTwo.

sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921012629965.jpg

sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921012635918.jpg

sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921012636527.jpg

sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921012637058.jpg

sony-announces-new-ps2-20040921013624528.jpg

It will be just a games console so it will be cheaper so you dont have 2 buy it!

If its all about money dont give Sony your money pretty simpl!

I am getting 1 it looks cool an now i hope that xbox take note and shrink there brick of a console!

No network adapter need YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on it's performance cause I'm buyin a new PS2 in a few weeks to play GTA:SA on (My current PS2 is one of the first versions and it doesn't like DVD's!;)) So it's either get a LE Silver PS2 or this one..................any suggestions????

performance should be just the same. however this new model might not be modable for the next few months, so if that's important to you, i'd go for the silver one.

Ike said:
performance should be just the same. however this new model might not be modable for the next few months, so if that's important to you, i'd go for the silver one.

Good point mate !

Not at all, technology has moved a long way and lots of what was seperate in the original can now be put on a single chip.

Wow, I like it very much. It looks so sweet. :P

But I don't think I will buy it as I still have a X-Box to buy for PES4 and like Ike said modding won't probably be possible for the first time.

I'm not sure what to do, if I wait for PS2two, it'll mean buying GTA and then having to wait for the new PS2 to be released, but if the performance is pretty similar between the Silver and PS2two then it should be the silver one, BUT the new PS2 looks soooo sweet!!!!

I won't be modding my new PS2, I only play WE & GTA on it, everything else is on the X-Box!!

What to do????

i'd get the new one if you don't need it modded right away and the price is ok. waiting one more week for GTA should be possible. ;)

i imagine it could be more silent than the normal ps2 as well.

As many people have said, this will be a fairly pointless project for Sony as 'many' people already own a PS2. Unless they release a LCD screen to promote its portability like the PSOne, having a console few centimetres larger wouldnt really make a difference at home.

ProEvo said:
I'm not sure what to do, if I wait for PS2two, it'll mean buying GTA and then having to wait for the new PS2 to be released, but if the performance is pretty similar between the Silver and PS2two then it should be the silver one, BUT the new PS2 looks soooo sweet!!!!

I won't be modding my new PS2, I only play WE & GTA on it, everything else is on the X-Box!!

What to do????
The performance will be identical, as for waiting, you realise you'd only have to wait 2 days right? :)

ProEvo said:

Surely it'd need a mod to play WE, and surely you'd rather play PES4 on XBL anyway? If I was buying a new PS2 anyway, I'd definitely grab the smaller one.

Don't forget the smaller one will have an external brick type power supply. Also i would think the modding potential is pretty good, especially in the swap disc stakes as apparently it's toploading now.

babs said:
The performance will be identical, as for waiting, you realise you'd only have to wait 2 days right? :)

2 Days is a lifetime in the world of GTA.....................only kidding!!

I'll probably wait and buy the new smaller PS2, it'll look a lot sexier!!

Classic, ya right, I will be playin PES4 on X-Box, my old PS2 can handle WE ok tho....

my ps2 is fucked. it doesn't play black or blue dicks and sometimes nothing at all. this could be exactly what i have been waiting for.

ps. will shops still buy my ps2 if the guarentee sticker has been removed? if thats the case then i will have to sell it someone else.

bradley1886 said:
my ps2 is fucked. it doesn't play black or blue dicks and sometimes nothing at all. this could be exactly what i have been waiting for.

ps. will shops still buy my ps2 if the guarentee sticker has been removed? if thats the case then i will have to sell it someone else.

I just sold mine to game aa they give the same price as gamestation! Not warranty sticker!

Back
Top Bottom