Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud1863

Premiership
10 December 2004
Stoke City
Which one would you pick if you had one choice?

Well now that the PS3 has been released (in Japan and USA at least) is anyone got any stronger an opinion than they had before. I shall not forget the clear loser in most people's eyes the Wii in this poll.

I owned an XBOX360 but was not one bit happy with it. I loved Kameo , was bored with any other game I tried.

I shall be purchasing a PS3 before I ever but a 360 again. Through I will buy a Wii before the PS3. :)

Last edited:
As with any Console it will take a year for proper next gen games to start to appear.

But i voted Xbox 360 its been a year and you just have to look at the 2007 releases about to appear and it is clearly the system to own now.
In a year i will have both PS3 and 360 and then it wont matter like ussual.

The poll doesn't actually say what it's for.... :/

I don't think anyone in the know would call the Wii the loser yet btw, early estimates but it at over a million sales already worldwide.

360 for me

ps3 or wii cant beat xbox live

and even though the wii pads are a fantastic idea the graphics aint even next gen!!!

sony are robbing fuckers so it will be a while till they get my cash

The poll doesn't actually say what it's for.... :/

I don't think anyone in the know would call the Wii the loser yet btw, early estimates but it at over a million sales already worldwide.

I figured it was self explanitory. :/

Had a 360 from launch and sold it a couple of months back as I wasn't that thrilled with the games available. Embrace, maybe I'm out of touch but what exactly is coming out for it soon that make it the machine to go for? Gears of War does look very pretty but I wouldn't buy the system to play it, I'm fed up with most shooting games these days.

PS3 is too expensive just now and the quality of games available is even worse than the 360 (from a personal point of view).

The Wii has Zelda, although you could pick that up minus the widescreen/wiimote for the GameCube.

Had a 360 from launch and sold it a couple of months back as I wasn't that thrilled with the games available. Embrace, maybe I'm out of touch but what exactly is coming out for it soon that make it the machine to go for? Gears of War does look very pretty but I wouldn't buy the system to play it, I'm fed up with most shooting games these days.

PS3 is too expensive just now and the quality of games available is even worse than the 360 (from a personal point of view).

The Wii has Zelda, although you could pick that up minus the widescreen/wiimote for the GameCube.

well if you like racing games , i think forza 2 will be a major game...also, you got fifa07 which is avalible now. and rainbow 6 vegas, i read that you dont like shooting games, one month ago if you ask me if i was ever gonna buy a shooting game i would laugh at you, but dunno why i just fell in love with this game...just cant stop playing it!
i think it all depends on which game style you enjoy the most... i am definatly gonna miss F1 since its only coming for ps3.

The Wii looks so innovative, I was going to pre-order, but after seeing the titles coming out on it (I'm not a Zelda person at all, anything with swords is not my cup of tea), I decided not to.

The PS3 looks like a PS2 at the minute, and has nothing that the 360 can't offer bar sixaxis support (which I really couldn't care less about) and Metal Gear Solid.

The 360 has Gears Of War (the best shooter I've ever played), along with the Tom Clancy games (more shooters, I know), Viva Piñata (a management style game similar to Animal Crossing, very addictive), Tiger Woods 07 (nothing revolutionary but I'm playing it every day), PGR3, Forza 2 soon enough... And it's keeping me happy.

In my opinion, the 360 is the best at the moment, but as for the future...? Give the PS3 a year or so and you'll get games as good as the 360 ones above, but what I'm looking forward to the most is what developers can get out of the Wii (I don't care what the graphics look like, I've played Pro Evo for years and that looks like the back-end of a bus-shaped PSone). What is "next gen" to you? To me, it's not graphics, it's games like Guitar Hero, and with the Wii controllers, that has the best tools to make the most innovative games.

I won't be getting a PS3 until there's more than one or two games that I'd consider buying for it, and until the price has dropped significantly, but I'd buy a Wii if I saw a game I liked the look of on it, purely for a different gaming experience. I chose a PSP over a DS, and when I played on a DS for five minutes (Animal Crossing, Trauma Centre and Phoenix Wright especially), the PSP was history. Lesson learnt.

Last edited:
All this debate could be meaningless anyway. All this "race" needs is a few killer app titles and things could change dramatically. But the likelihood for this happening is if it has sufficient game support: The more popular the console, the more likely it'll have a good variety of games for it.

Sony have unfortunately taken the over confident step by relying on their brand name to release an overhyped and over expensive system to push Blu-Ray. It seems that they are now messing up bigtime - it'll be v hard to clawback again with the obstacles they put in place for themselves. Game development is also apparently quite expensive and difficult to program with which is putting a few smaller development houses off.

Microsoft have taken the safe (read: pussy) step with releasing a powerful console (read: it's a powerful PC which you can plug into your TV) early on and marketing it like crazy (e.g. that Pepsi giveaway a few months ago). There is nothing clever about it. Expect some crazy Christmas deals to push the 360 into many more houses. Game development is standard as it is similar to the PC....but just expect a lot more PC orientated games :(

Nintendo have no doubt taken the bravest and the most innovative step. I thought Ninty had lost it when they released the DS but they had exceeded all expectations. TBH, I don't think the hardcore players among us will be impressed by it but kids will love it, girls will love it, even your mum, dad and granny will want a go - much like with the DS. The DS at the moment is selling craploads more than the other consoles combined :shock:. Game development is v cheap - so we might see a few hidden gems from some small time developers.

With the Wii, you'll have a console that you'll have no problems getting from your local highstreet store and it's cheap. For us gamer geeks here (face it: we have all signed up to a forum dedicated to a computer game - also, if you weren't one, you wouldn't be reading this thread ;) ), we're likely to go for a PS3 or 360. For the millions of people out there in the real world, they'll go for the Wii or that Elmo tickle doll.

Last edited:

Cant stand overhyped games like GOW or Halo.
To list a few for 2007.
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Command & Conquer 3
Battlefield: Bad Company
Sensible World Of Soccer

PS3

FF XIII
Killzone
Lair
MGS4
Heavenly Sword

Wii

Animal Crossing
Cooking Mama Cook Off
Donkey Kong Wii
Dragon Quest Swords
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Now these are two consoles in their first years and 2007 looks a great year for both. Its clear that the 360 will have the lead but I think in twelve months time they will have two serious competitors right behind them.

Cant stand overhyped games like GOW or Halo.
To list a few for 2007.
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Command & Conquer 3
Battlefield: Bad Company
Sensible World Of Soccer

Isn't Mass Effect the Only game that is exclusive for the 360?

Last edited:
The only guy here with a life. :applause:
Lucky git, while the rest of us suffer from the wallet......I'd go for a Wii first (lol), then a 360 then (by a long way Sony IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE) a PS3.

Actually though, I'm quite happy with what I have at the moment.....

Bioshock is Xbox 360 and Windows Exclusive now. which is huge because the game will be amazing. i cant stand boring FPS like Halo GOW and Killzone

Namco also recently commented that they have to sell 500'000 copies of a game on the PS3 to make profit so they will struggle for exclusive titles outside Sony.

I've had the 360 since march of this year and i am constantly dissapointed by the developers lack of concern for sports games. ONLY NBA 2k7 has shown me that sports games can mature.

Fifa
WE/PES
NBA LIVE
Madden
have been LETDOWNS

I pick the Wii because it doesn'y pretend to be anything it's not.

I've had the 360 since march of this year and i am constantly dissapointed by the developers lack of concern for sports games. ONLY NBA 2k7 has shown me that sports games can mature.

Fifa
WE/PES
NBA LIVE
Madden
have been LETDOWNS

I pick the Wii because it doesn'y pretend to be anything it's not.
It seems your stuck in current-generation gameplay. NBA 2K7 is nothing but the same gameplay of current-gen NBA2K7, just with a fresh coat of paint. And when are people going to understand how long it takes to build a game engine from the ground up, especially a modern sports simulation engine? Wanna know why current-gen sports games have so many features? Because the gameplay engine is already done and had been done for a few years now, so they have to add something to justify the $50-60 roster update that you buy every year.

Wii want we...... actually no, wii want wii, no.... we want we...arghh god dammit we'll get the 360 instead.... :p

why? cause now instead of relaxing playing a game, you can wave your arms around like a twat whilst playing games designed for six year olds? the Eyetoy did that ages ago

this is just a gimmick, and it wont last

People said that about the DS and thats done pretty well for itself. Its not a gimmick IMO, the possibilities are endless with the Wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom