PS3 v1.8 and Pro Evo?

E

Enda

Before I install firmware v1.8 I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how Pro Evo runs on it?

The last thing I want is to install this new upgrade and find out the game dosen't run or has gotton worse in terms of lag!

Since the 1.7 update, Pro evo 6 has run very well, i also think its been superb online, no lag or stutter, i cant for the life of me see how the 1.8 update will be a retro step, if anything i think it will make it even better, i will be doing mine tonight, i will play test it and post my findings on here.

I know, but I just heard some horror stories of games like MGS,Socom etc. not running on the PS3 after they installed 1.7.

Meh wtf, I may aswell just install it. If they've made a mess of it I'll be pissed lol

downloaded the update anyway and I must say the game has gone from being about 90% perfect up to 95%.

There is still some lag at the start of a game but it's been reduced to less than 5 seconds I would say. By the time I passed it back to my keeper the lag was over. Also I used to be getting these annoying lines going down the screen which have now been removed as PS2 games upscale to HD :)

Overall it's a good step forward rather than a leap forward. They still haven't got the game as perfect as it was on PS2 but there's not much left to complain about now :P

nice,im gonna try it when im home ;)
hope it pwnz on pes6 and god of war 2
PS3 FTW:)

I hope it isn't true as that looks stunning. I'm just repeating the wording on the actual file. It said upscales PS2 video content. Nothing was mentioned about gameplay.

Didn't have time to play a game this morning but I'll happily eat my words if it does upscale the game!

I hope it isn't true as that looks stunning. I'm just repeating the wording on the actual file. It said upscales PS2 video content. Nothing was mentioned about gameplay.

Didn't have time to play a game this morning but I'll happily eat my words if it does upscale the game!

Apparently the wording Video content means the video output (via komponent or HDMI) from the PS3 to the TV.

Before: [notice the edges look jagged and messed up]
mgs3s03bzd2.jpg

Now [notice everything is nice and smooth]
mgs3s03axn5.jpg

I downloaded firmware 1.8 and adjusted the new settings from ps2/ps settings to "normal" upscaling and I turned "smoothing option" to ON.
But PES 6 is not fitted fully to the screen.It is smaller.I have read it somewhere before that It is normal if the PS2 game does not have a widescreen option it'd be like that.
But the good news are: Both PS2 discs and DVD movies are working great,The picture is much clearer and brighter.
It is a revolution

ive got an american ps3 is it worth buying we07 ntsc just for the upscaling or shall i just stik 2 pes6 on my ps2 on a normal tv?

Now PES6 on PS3 only need an option file that runs with it!
(Italian one!!)

Hope 2.0 fw will remove all the laks!

i updated to FW 1.8,
i have a dell 2407 24inch HDCP @ 1080p but then i get a black screen when i boot ps2 games :o with hdmi
put on component cable @ 1080i much and muchhh beter:)
tested with PES6 and God of war 2,looks awsome with component cable;)

After installing the firmware 1.80 My PES 6 does not fit widescreen. The picture is smaller and there is a black frame around the whole picture.
Are you having the same problem?
Also in some dvd's (not all of them) same thing happens...

Do you guys know why ? And How can i get rid of it?

I went into the settings menu in my ps3. i changed the ps1/ps2 upscale setting to "smooth" and "full", i now play pro evo 6 in full screen on my 50 inch hi def sagem dlp. It looks fantastic, sharper and more colour than before with a little lag right at the start but then ultra smooth gameplay even online!!!....tell you what, i cant wait for pro evo 7.

After playing a couple of matches it seems the lag improves.

Is it me or does it seem to get smoother with every match you play? My first game really lagged at kick off for a good few seconds, and right through the whole match there were very small amounts of lag at different times like shooting, lobs and even occasional passes and runs. However I noticed on match 2 I only really got the lag at kick off again and for much less in the match itself. Match 3 I had none that I noticed except for like 2 seconds at kick off.

I don't know if it's just me or if it's possible, but going off the above it seemed the more I played in that session, the more the lag vanished.

Everytime I play my first match on pro it lags for about 3 seconds and then afterwards the quality is smooth with this update.Nice to hear that it doesn't make any dangerous-sounding sounds whilst you are playing :).

Back
Top Bottom