PS4 Slim or Xbox One S for 1080p?

vulturu0707

League 1
25 August 2008
Hi guys, looking for some help here.

I'm looking to buy a console only for PES2019. I have a native 1080p projector, so PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are out of discussion by default as I'm not looking to play PES in 4k any time soon, only 1080p.

I read many articles and watched YouTube videos about which console is better for 1080p gaming but the views are mixed - although from what I see games tend to look sharper on PS4.

Could someone with experience please share your views on which console will offer the best online experience/smoothness in PES 2019? And would, for example, PS4 Pro offer more detailed images in 1080p than PS4 Slim? If yes would the price difference be justified?

I look forward to seeing some views from the experts around here...

Thanks!

Get a PS4 slim. A PS4 pro will give you a better frame rate and nicer lighting in PES 2019, ive just switched out my ps4 for a pro as it was coming to the end of its life. The difference is very noticeable for me, but i use a 4k HDR TV. Most games are optimised to play better at 1080p on the pro vs slim with better frame rates and super-sampled textures. I havnt tried myself though sorry.

As for online, it obviosuly varies from player to player but typically I get a great connection to the PES 2019 demo on PSN.

PS4 slim is the best deal on the market right now for console gaming. More than adequate for a game like PES. Performance wise, PS4 Pro v PS4 slim is like comparing fly shit and pepper.

Thanks to both! I think I'll go for PS4 Pro need to do a bit more research on how much better it is than the slim one when used in 1080p.

Thanks to both! I think I'll go for PS4 Pro need to do a bit more research on how much better it is than the slim one when used in 1080p.
It's great in 1080p - I have a PS4 Pro plugged into a 1080p monitor.

Ever since the latest firmware update the PS4 will supersample the 4K image down to 1080p if you have a 1080p display plugged in - it looks a hell of a lot better playing PES (or any other game for that matter) on a PS4 Pro using a 1080p display compared to a regular PS4 slim. Prior to the supersample patch I'd have said to stick with a PS4 Slim. The same applies to Xbox One X & Xbox One S - my One S looked really quite blurry and the quality was a little poor on certain games but the One X on the same display looks great, supersampling is wonderful for those of us who don't own 4K televisions or displays.

PS4 ofcourse, controller and community is better
It depends on personal taste... I, for example, can't play with the PS4 controller (I don't have a PS4 so I don't have to, at least).
Having tried both the "old-gen" controllers, though, I can say that the same applies to them too: the Xbox 360 controller is better than the PS3 one for me.

Maybe it's also a matter of habit, I've always played with the Xbox 360 one before switching to the Xbox One one, so I was already used to it.
On the other hand I have been given a PS3 recently and the controller really doesn't feel right to me. The Xbox One controller (even better if it's the Xbox One S version, nind you) is vastly superior in my opinion.

D-pad is always better at sports
Ermmmm... No?
Some sports games (the official game of the London 2012 Olympics comes to mind, but I'm absolutely sure there are others) require you to use the analogue sticks... So how could the D-pad be better?

This being said, I'd probably go for the PS4 if I had to take into account everything (option files anyone?) as the package you're getting on the Xbox One may be a little superior out of the box but it's indeed limited by the lack of a chance to import user-creted content (don't blame Konami, blame Microsoft).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom