[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

Snowball

League 2
15 July 2004
On the last issue of Famitsu, there is THE NEWS we were all waiting for.

Winning Eleven 9 Obiquitous Evolution - PSP - September

Ohhhhhyeahhhhh!

Snowball

Re: [PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Obiquitous Evolution - September

Snowball said:
On the last issue of Famitsu, there is THE NEWS we were all waiting for.

Winning Eleven 9 Obiquitous Evolution - PSP - September

Ohhhhhyeahhhhh!

Snowball

Hmmmmmm 250?

Great news.

Ubiquitous: Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time.

This would suggest it has online/network play... I think i've just been tempted to get the PSP now... I can just imagine it now, every lunch break eating nothing and trying to fit in as many games on WE9 PSP as possible...

Last edited by a moderator:

great news cant wait :)

Of course it is, luckily maybe other places will still export to the UK such as yesasia, lik-sang, ect. Anyways, I am sure you can have it shipped to someone outside the UK in Europe and have them send it on to you.

Well, I'll get it from Lik-Sang or YesAsia.(Which one??)

It's a shame, I got my PSP from Play-Asia back in the day.

How are the controls gonna work?

No info, I am also interested in finding that out.

heres a report from ign:

ign said:
Winning Eleven Goes Wireless
Details on the PSP version of Winning Eleven 9, and Konami's plans to continue the series.
by IGN Staff

July 20, 2005 - The big portable gaming event out of Japan today is first screens and details for the PSP version of Winning Eleven 9. While Konami's intent to bring Winning Eleven to the PSP has been known for quite some time, the latest scoop-packed issue of Famitsu reveals the game's full name, Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Evolution, along with solid details and first screens.

PSP Winning Eleven 9 looks like it will retain many features of its console counterpart. The game promises match, league, training and wireless modes of play. An edit mode is also included, although details on this mode have yet to be revealed.
As mentioned above in the mode list, wireless play is being prepared for WE9's portable debut. The game will support ad-hoc play, meaning you'll hook up directly to other PSP players in the area. You'll be able to save records to Memory Stick and even earn rankings based on your performance. The number of simultaneous players has yet to be revealed, but the idea is apparently for players to bust out their copies of Winning Eleven 9 at the stadium prior to the start of a real life soccer match.

Series producer Shingo Takatsuka reveals to Famitsu the surprising news that the control system for the PS2 Winning Eleven 9 is being tweaked with the development of the PSP version in mind. The goal is for the PS2 and PSP versions to have a similar control setup. As an example, Takatsuka mentions the situation where you do a side dribble. This is usually achieved with a combination of the D-pad and R2 shoulder buttons. With the PSP and PS2 versions of Winning Eleven 9, you can now side dribble using just the D-pad.

It's not the case that the PSP version will allow you to do everything that you can do in the PS2 version, though. Controls will have a simplified feel overall. You cannot super cancel in the PSP version, which is something that requires you to press both R1 and R2 simultaneously in the console version. Takatsuka reveals that the development staff wanted to make the game playable smoothly without the super cancel system both in the PS2 and PSP versions. A great amount of time was spent fine tuning the PSP version's control and gameplay in order to incorporate such changes.

All this effort will apparently pay off, both with the upcoming Winning Eleven 9 and future installments. That's right, Winning Eleven 9 won't be the last PSP entry in Konami's award-winning soccer series. Takatsuka reveals plans to continue the Winning Eleven series on the PSP beyond this installment, meaning we can look forward to new versions to appear along side their console counterparts.

As for Winning Eleven 9, a Japanese release is set for September

I cannot wait.... *dribbles on himself*

I'd kill someone for this game.

This sound so damn cool, playing WE on a handheld. One question though, I live in the USA so I might but a PSP. Will the US PSP play japanese games??

Yes, no games so far has regional protection besides that to play a game with others, the games have to be of the same region.

WTF?! Racing?????
screenshotmanager0019jl.png

probably error

i think play-asia will ship import psp games to the UK once the psp has been rlsed in the UK

btw, editing will be possible, right?

This is Great News! Can't wait to play while at work! I'll take sh*& breaks more often now!

i better start saving and get a PSP before its released.

should pickup my course japanese again ;)

hopefully the menu will be like the ps2-version (patched)...

IGN has some more details on the PSP version like, just how close the PS2 and PSP version are, *but* the detail I couldn't talk about still hasnt been revealed. I think Konami's putting out a press release about PES5 PSP today or tomorrow and will reveal it.

Online methinks.

How exciting. :D

Online gaming seems confirmed already... I think the gimmick is an 'import your own face' feature.

That'll be pretty sweet, pointless but sweet. :D

Are these scans from Famitsu actually available online yet??

Last edited:

Here's the big secret I couldnt talk about. YOu can link up the PSP PES5 to the PS2 PES5 and exchange data a'la Madden NFL 06. Now they dont say it in the press release, but it could be possible to play a league on the PS2 and the continue that on the PSP..MAYBE.

I think 95% of us who read these forums realize that PES will completely take over our lives now with the PSP version allowing us to play on the go.

Konami of Europe press release

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 scores on PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable)
Play at home or away as Konami of Europe’s seminal
football series warms up for new Sony handheld

Konami of Europe has announced a version of its much anticipated Pro Evolution Soccer 5 will be released for the PSP™ this autumn.

Due for release on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC-DVD in Q4, the PSP™ version of Pro Evolution Soccer 5 will feature the utter realism, intuitive play and fast-paced action of the ever-popular series. The handheld version will also be almost identical in terms of available clubs and international sides, with 57 national sides lining up alongside 136 club teams.

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 also benefits from a number of exclusive features designed to showcase the PSP™’s capabilities. The highly-competitive multi-player aspects of the game are highlighted using the hardware’s wireless systems. Using this, players within a certain network radius can challenge rival Pro Evolution Soccer 5 fans to games, with all data related to match results – goals for, goals against, wins, etc – retained in a running tally.

Solo players can also hone their skills within six different leagues and a host of cup tournaments, and the PSP™ game can also be linked to the PlayStation 2 version of Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for data exchange. Using this, players can import teams they have created within the PlayStation 2 game for use against friends on their PSP™, or swap teams with other PSP™ users.

Thank U very much to share your informations Riot !!
You are our international friend !!

That's pretty cool, looks like Konami wasn't that lazy after all. ;)

Back
Top Bottom