PSP Winning Eleven D - Pad Woes

F

furryboo

Hello one and all,
I am one of the many WE( players that use's the D - Pad when I play on PS2. Can someone explain to me why it is such a nightmare to use the D - Pad on the PSP version. It is practice makes perfect? It is that the D - Pad on the PSP is rubbish? or is it something else?

WE9 PSP would be stunning, yes stunning but for this major, major short fall.....

I know people are going to say get used to the analogue stick but I just can't, I am sorry but I can't...

If anyone has any ideas, opinions etc I would love to here them...

Cheers

Da_Boo

I use the D-Pad on the PSP version and have not many problems. Very occasionally it is hard to make quick turns but generally not many problems using the D-Pad.

Maybe I'm just not used to the D-pad on the PSP, but for me, unlike with the PS2, it seems much more difficult to move diagonally with the D-pad. I can move up, down, forward or back easily, but for me it's hard to find move diagonally in a consistent way.

I spent an extra 20 quid to buy a "official warranty" PSP v1.50, so I could play homebrew, and found that the Down button on the DPAD was really irresponsive... now Sony will repair it but are enforcing the firmware upgrade to v2.0... :(

Has anyone tried the MPH Downgrader using a HK 1006K PSP??? Original firmware 1.50???

the D Pad is what i use and alwayz have done. I mean i was playing this game on ps1 and all was using the d pad then (no anlouge then) anywayz ur right mate i love this game so much. at first i was this is just acceptable but the more i play its fantastic. I get frustrated when trying to move my players in a diagonal direction. I mean u need to press either right/left with down or up. So with you japs must have big fingers and little ...... lol

thanks... downgraded again.. to firmware v1.5... works ok :)

Btw, Hong Kong Sony has released FW v.2.01, to counter the downgrade... be warned!!!

its illegal :( I dont think it should be posted on here should it?

DJ

There is no downgrader for FW 2.01, nor will there probably be one till the next major FW update. The 2.01 update was just to fix the hole that people had found in FW 2.00, it does nothing else. It may not be possible till sony release the next major and important firmware and that gets cracked. But really why would anyone be stupid enough to upgrade to FW 2.01 lol, saying that I've seen some people actually have.

Sony released it as soon as they heard FW 2.00 had been comprimised. But it does nothing apart from stopping you downgrade.

I really tried to like the D-pad on thee psp... but it is just so badly made, that i too have to resort to the analogue stick... which to be fair, I think is excellent... its 100% responsive, compared to the 70% of the D-pad...

Back
Top Bottom