Race Wars : Return of The Aragones

Milanista

Mangiamoli!
19 December 2002
London & Milan
AC Milan
Spain coach Luis Aragones has dug himself deeper into a hole over his remark about Thierry Henry by now referring to Jose Antonio Reyes as 'a gypsy'. Aragones faces disciplinary action from the Spanish FA, who have launched an investigation into the coach telling Reyes that he was better than 'that black shit' Henry. Now, in an interview with Madrid newspaper El Mundo, Aragones tried to defend himself but succeeded only in making things worse.
What can I say? lmao.... what an idiot.

truly, why can't he just keep quiet?! just say nothing and maybe this will blow over

-fb

A litle bit off-topic, but still in relation to racism problems...some Belgian fans condemned racism in a rather funny way. I already told about Beveren who plays with 9, 10 or 11 players from Ivory Coast. In their cup match against Antwerp, they played with one Belgian player. Each time the Belgian (white) player was on the ball, the Antwerp fans made monkey noises...
Afterwards the African players and their white team mate said that they were delighted with this reaction...
One sad note: are they sure that the monkey noises were meant to be a statement against racism...i'm not quite sure, but i can't help finding this very funny.

hahah, i guess it's a sort of retaliation innit. funny, well if the caucasian player on african team had no problem with it, then maybe its not a form of racism, as you say

-fb

Rade said:
"gypsy" it's a race not an insult.

The way hes using 'gypsy' is a racial thing. Hes calling someone thats the same as him a 'gypsy' and implying that Reyes is 'lower class' and 'cheap'. So Aragones is a racist.

Back
Top Bottom