Radar from hell!

You can pause the game and make it translucent which shouldn't bother you as much. I posted other suggestions for getting the radar out of your way, posted a long time ago when WE8 was released. You can find it by searching for the thread :)

There is a patch for the PC version which removes the radar. Don't think there's one for the console versions.

Last edited:
I never ever used to use the radar, I use to think what's the point!
But since I've been playing WE8LE I've found myself using it alot more, I still have it translucent. But I find it really helpful for scoring from crosses and long through ball's. Maybe because it's harder to score on this version I needed the extra help lol. Also I've found I use it when I play PES4 online and since I've been using it I've noticed my play is better and I'm winninig more.

Never used radar before and I`m not having any problems seeing it translucent in WE8LWE..

I just can't stand it, normal mode,translucent mode, i just don't like it on screen... even the score & time is too much for me... (but with that i can live..) I just wanna see the game as close as possible to real soccer on tv, not extra help and uneeded elements.

Thanks for the link, i'm gonna try it.

I agree totally with you. In fact I asked a similar question in this forum ,but for PES4 and I found a great help from our freinds in this forum. I hope somebody can help us in solving this problem . Let us give people time to explore the files of this game.May be one day we can block this ugly radar(sorry for people who like radar,but for me it makes the game play totally unreal).

can you actually play this game without watching the radar???

filthydani said:
can you actually play this game without watching the radar???

Being serious, can you actually play this game while watching the radar???
Honestly, I tried the radar a few times back when PES was first released and it felt as though I was playing Missile Command instead of football - it was a complete distraction, there was no way I could go back & forth between watching the players on the pitch & watching the blips on the radar. I had absolutely no 'feel' for the game, no rhythm or flow and certainly for me, no enjoyment. Needless to say I switched it off and immediately I became totally absorbed with the game.
I've been playing without it for many years now throughout every one of the WE/PES games since (as I'm sure have many others on this forum) and have developed a true football sense of when & where my players will be on the pitch almost all of the time. I can string together what may seem like 'blind' passes but innately I am using the 'radar' in my head (it may sound ridiculous but I believe those who also play without the radar will understand exactly what I'm talking about).
Just as those who use the radar cannot imagine playing without it, there are those of us who do not use the radar who cannot imagine playing WITH it. Thus when this subject comes up, the players who use radar should stop for a moment & think about what it would be like if Konami suddenly decided to remove the option to turn the radar ON (or only allow you to have it transparent). Not a pleasant thought is it?
Trust me, those of us who play without radar are just as passionate about this game as those of you who do and in the spirit of the WE/PES community & world football itself, I hope that the vast scope of diverse personal preferences of playing the game are welcomed with tolerance and acceptance (isn't that ultimately why we're all here?) :)

Last edited:
well, the only way i can score without watching the radar is to dribble 11 players as fast as possible and scoreeeeeeee.. that is fun... BUT IT WONT WORK..i bet god himself can do that MAN

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Bobo, but you talk about the radar making it unreal. Well not being able to see every player on the pitch is unreal. The radar is basically your eyes for the rest of the pitch. There is no way you can play long through balls and make them successfully most of the time if your not using the radar. You might fluke the odd one, but trust me I was once like you, but using the radar opens up so many more passing options. You only have to look at that video that was on here by Thomasgoal. It showed what kind of passing was possible for people who use the radar. If it's there, for the moment you might aswell use it to your advantage. I'm not saying look at it constantly but a quick glance before you make a long pass or cross makes all the difference.

Not using the radar is like playing with one eye or something!

cuts out all passes to players who are not on the screen, unless you just guess?

I use option 5 on the long pass, with this and the radar you can pick out some fantastic passes.
also you can spot your fowards making thier runs, so you can do a throughball at exactly the right time.

A player on the pitch would be able to spot these passes so using the radar is not cheating! it sorts out the genuinely good players from the ones who just press X and hope for the best.

AntiEgg

Why this need to debate whether or not people can play without the radar? We don't want to see the radar at all, that's our choice, why do people have to jump in saying "you can't play without it blah blah" :(

You like and use the radar, good for you! Keep on using it, we just don't want to be forced to have to have it onscreen in any shape or form.

Placebo said:
Why this need to debate whether or not people can play without the radar? We don't want to see the radar at all, that's our choice, why do people have to jump in saying "you can't play without it blah blah" :(

You like and use the radar, good for you! Keep on using it, we just don't want to be forced to have to have it onscreen in any shape or form.

Why the need to debate? Err well this is a forum right? I'm not saying "you can't play without it". Cos I used to play without it I'm sharing my opinions on the topic. That's what forums are for ffs.

My reply wasn't specifically aimed at you, my point is the thread isn't to discuss who does or doesn't use it, it's to ask how it can be removed for those of us who don't like seeing it, there are a number of similar threads in the past and everytime people insist on jumping in saying how you can't play the game "properly" without the radar etc. etc.

If the thread is entitled "let's discuss whether the radar is necessary" or "do you use the radar" that's a discussion thread, a thread entitled "Radar from hell" with the first line being "How can i disable the fuc**** radar?" is a request for help, nothing more, nothing less.

Placebo said:
My reply wasn't specifically aimed at you, my point is the thread isn't to discuss who does or doesn't use it, it's to ask how it can be removed for those of us who don't like seeing it, there are a number of similar threads in the past and everytime people insist on jumping in saying how you can't play the game "properly" without the radar etc. etc.

If the thread is entitled "let's discuss whether the radar is necessary" or "do you use the radar" that's a discussion thread, a thread entitled "Radar from hell" with the first line being "How can i disable the fuc**** radar?" is a request for help, nothing more, nothing less.

This is exactly why I posted a reply to filthydani when he started the inevitable reponse asking how we can possibly play without the radar, (hoping to offer some insight to those who do use it and asking for tolerance of those of us who don't). I was hoping to prevent this thread from turning into a debate, however I probably should have known better because every time someone comes on these boards asking for ways to remove the radar, eventually the pro-radar people feel compelled to join in to point out that it is ridiculous to want to turn it off because there is no way to possibly play without it.
Sorry for my intervention that backfired and perhaps maybe some time in the future the 'radar people' will refrain from imposing their beliefs on the 'non-radar people' and come to accept them as WE/PES equals...I have a dream... ;)

Placebo said:
Doing a title search for radar finds a number of threads including this one, I hope it can be removed cos I hate seeing the radar when I never use it :(
I think he rather meant that one ;)

I´ve always used Radar but since I Just use it when I´m Counter Attacking I play faster, better, and I have no fear of attack anymore as I had when I was always looking at the Radar.

Radar it´s good but it can affect our gameplay, trust me.

Bobo21 said:
This is exactly why I posted a reply to filthydani when he started the inevitable reponse asking how we can possibly play without the radar, (hoping to offer some insight to those who do use it and asking for tolerance of those of us who don't). I was hoping to prevent this thread from turning into a debate, however I probably should have known better because every time someone comes on these boards asking for ways to remove the radar, eventually the pro-radar people feel compelled to join in to point out that it is ridiculous to want to turn it off because there is no way to possibly play without it.
Sorry for my intervention that backfired and perhaps maybe some time in the future the 'radar people' will refrain from imposing their beliefs on the 'non-radar people' and come to accept them as WE/PES equals...I have a dream... ;)

I do treat non-radar people as equals LOL. All I was trying to say was that I used to hate it so much, and was really pissed that Konami didn't give an option to remove completly. But I was just trying to give you an idea of taking advantage of it, as it doesn't look like Konami are going to give us that option of removing it back for the moment.

People who don't use radar when you need to defend are SO vulnarable - especially to my counterattack play ;). Seen this so often in tournaments. But it's their choice not to play!

The radar can most certainly be removed if you are willing to expend a bit of time & effort - obviously you need to burn a new copy of the disc so you must have DVD burn capability as well.
Am on my lunch hour from work & don't really have time right now to elaborate on how it's done - as well, I would simply offer my altered file but I made some other changes as well which people may not prefer (such as changing the color of the power bar & removing the arrow above the ball controller's head).
Check out this thread:

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19895&highlight=radar

or I will gladly explain how it's done to anyone interested or post if need by when I have time.
One last thing - to all the radar users who keep coming on to advise us of all the advantages of the radar so that we might consider using it - let me ask you this:

Is there anything that those of us who DO NOT use radar could say that would make you (those who DO use radar), change your mind and start playing without the radar??? I didn't think so...why then do you feel that you can somehow convince us non-radar players to use it??? How about sparing the bandwidth & sticking to the topic - REMOVING THE RADAR!!!!

Thank you, drive thru please. ;)

Excellent post Bobo21 :)

And thanks for the info, I'm keen to remove the blue arrow above the players head (or make it a fair bit smaller) so I'll be awaiting your knowledge eagerly :)

It's one of the downsides of WE as time goes by.

The radar was always there thru out the years. Nevertheless you didn't need it to be a great WE player, you could have the "vision" yourself".

Nowadays it looks like without the radar you are prone to miss a lot of stupid passes, specially now that the far camera became a bit closer.

Wrong konami.

Radar can be useful but... do players and managers have Radars on their heads or just plain vision and soccer knowledgement, and sometimes the sheer instinct of the buddies movement? Radars are for airplane games.

Mauras said:
The radar was always there thru out the years. Nevertheless you didn't need it to be a great WE player, you could have the "vision" yourself".

Nowadays it looks like without the radar you are prone to miss a lot of stupid passes, specially now that the far camera became a bit closer.

thats becouse the AI and off ball movement was ALOT better in past versions.

Back
Top Bottom