Rate FIFA World Cup 2010 1-5

Rate this World Cup

• Total voters

~turinski!

Shot Technique RIP
20 September 2008
Serbia
Manchester United
I want to hear what do you think about this world cup.I also added a poll where you can rate this WC from 1 to 5.

I personally think that this World Cup was very bad, and it's unfortunate that we will remember this WC more for things that are not important(vuvuzelas, bad referees, jabulani...) than good football.There were some bright sides of tournament as good performance by Tomas Muller, some great goals(van Bronckhorst, Quagliarella and some more...) and some good matches.

What do you think?

Unfortunately, bad refs and jabulani did have a bad effect on it, but not to the degree that made it really bad. I'm going to go with 3.

I think the actual standard of football in the world cup was poor,no team really set the tournament alight,but i think the standard has been dropping in tournaments since Germany 06 and euro 2008 in my opinion.rating 2 although congrats to espana.

Yeah 3 is ok,but not that bad as some guys says here..Referee mistakes normal,as it happens in every leauge all the time,no need to be suprised,just the vuvuzela was boring for me but i get used it after a few days:) and if this final was boring,how about 2002 and 2006 finals then..and there is something everyone should accept i think,as i wrote it another thread,even there was 320 team in this tournament,Spain could beat them all 1 by 1 and won again,i think that subject is above all and we must talk about it,rest dosent matter at all..

Too much negative football and tactics, too many teams playing one striker. I got a general vibe of Mourinho-style 'win-at-all-costs' football.

Jabulani looks like a plastic ball you buy at a petrol station, and players seemed to struggle with it throughout the tournament.

I gave a "symbolic" 1 (but my real choice is not too far) because of boring matches, the lack of a decisive player (or the lack of a superstar like was Ronaldo or Zidane), the fail of superstars like Messi, Rooney, Kaka, C.Ronaldo or Torres, the fail of sadly overrated african teams but, the most hated thing...VUVUZELAS! (they killed the football atmosphere) :RANT:

Too much negative football and tactics, too many teams playing one striker. I got a general vibe of Mourinho-style 'win-at-all-costs' football.

Jabulani looks like a plastic ball you buy at a petrol station, and players seemed to struggle with it throughout the tournament.

It's an annoying new trend to play this bloody 4-3-3. I don't care what people say, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1... whatever, they are just fancy ways of calling a team a 4-3-3. Even clubs are forcing themselves to play like this.

It's an annoying new trend to play this bloody 4-3-3. I don't care what people say, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1... whatever, they are just fancy ways of calling a team a 4-3-3. Even clubs are forcing themselves to play like this.
yes, this is true

I gave it a 1,

It would've been a 0 if it wasan't for South Africa on how they staged it! Well done, you shouled the world you can host a major event brilliantly with joy and enthusiasm.

Apart fromt hat it was really bad. The most important thing the football was awful. Far too many negative teams, the ball was a joke, wasan't enough goals, wasan't one classic end to end game in the whole tournament with quality and drama, just a few decent ones.

:lol: i was wondering this week when will this tournament just end! Too many teams scared to play football and commit players forward :(

The right team won, no doubt but it was such a shame to never see Spain really hit top gear because everyone was too shit scared to try take them on at their own game. :(

When was the last classic world cup? 2006 was ok, decent, had some very nice goals. 2002 was strange. 1998? I loved that world cup!
Final pretty much summed it up

So true

So sad we don't see great parterships between two talented strikers and AMAZING goals like this anymore :(
YouTube - Cole and Yorke vs Barcelona
YouTube - Andy Cole & Dwight Yorke for Manchester United
:CRY::CRY::CRY:

Well, at least we have Dzeko and Grafite

Last edited:
When was the last classic world cup? 2006 was ok, decent, had some very nice goals. 2002 was strange. 1998? I loved that world cup!
Final pretty much summed it up

Yeah, 98 was good and 94 was excellent too. Probably because England were not there shitting-up the tournament!

I remember 1990 fondly, mainly because it was the first one I was old enough to watch, and England had a very talented and likeable team. But even so Italia 90 is generally considered the worst world cup ever.

South Africa as a whole can hold their head high. It was a memorable month that I shall never forget. Blast those vuvuzelas one last time Bafana Bafana!

I think it was a pretty forgettable World Cup really. The only real highlights for me were some of the big teams slipping up so early on and North Korea nearly holding Brazil. Perhaps Germany brightened the mood a little.

The football on display was far from great and many of the big name players really failed to deliver, in all honesty even the best players in this tournament were a long way from absolute world class. It's a shame we didn't get a player who really stole the limelight, maybe Ozil is about as close as anyone really came to launching their career to a new level.

The Vuvuzelas all but destroyed the atmosphere, the stadiums were often far from filled, the referees were generally appauling, the ball was constantly critised and the final itself was a huge anti-climax. What happened to the African teams setting the World cup alight eh?

To top it all off, no one will bloody shut up about that octopus. Maybe I'm just bitter about England's terrible performance but I really felt let down by the whole thing, I expected to see some fantastic football with players like Messi and Ronaldo really showing what they could do and maybe even see some new superstars born.

It wasn't a complete disaster and South Africa did a fairly good job of hosting the whole thing, it was pretty much the officals and players that made it such a disapointment.

Yeah, 98 was good and 94 was excellent too. Probably because England were not there shitting-up the tournament!

lol Reminds me of Euro 2008

Euro 2008 was one of the best tournaments ever! (Turkey were a walking hollywood movie) Either that or the Copa America 2007, the football was out of this world, SO MANY GOALS :CONFUSE: :BOP: So much action! Loved it!

I remember 1990 fondly, mainly because it was the first one I was old enough to watch, and England had a very talented and likeable team. But even so Italia 90 is generally considered the worst world cup ever.

I was born just after the 1990 world cup :)) and was only 4 in 1994 and since i only started watching fooball when i was about 5, i have only seen highlights and heard reports on those tournaments :( .

I heard 1990 truly was the worst world cup of all time in terms of football. Every game was dire and defensive apparently. But i would say still had better goals in terms of quality compared to this tournament! Maradona's assist for Canigga was one of the GREAT goals ever scored!

The football on display was far from great and many of the big name players really failed to deliver, in all honesty even the best players in this tournament were a long way from absolute world class.

Looking at players like Rooney, Crisitano Ronaldo, Kaka, Steven Gerrard, Lampard, Robinho, Ribery and even some players i like with Tevez and Higuain.

In this day and age in football they are obviously top players but compared to players of the last generation such as Zidane, Ronaldo, Van Basten, Romario, Baggio etc... They are pretty over hyped and are just very good players rather that the silly overused world class tag they are labelled with!
Interesting fact - the only unbeaten team at World Cup 2010 was New Zealand.

Says it all really.

Oh, god i hated them, so horrible to watch, no technique whatsoever! Pub teams have more technique than them yet Italy still couldn't beat them :COAT:

Last edited:
I think it was a very good World Cup.
You huys are way too negative.
I've seen every World Cup since 1970.

It was certainly better than 1978, 1982, 1990, 1994 and 2002.
IMO it was even better than 1986 (the only things most people remember are both Maradonna's goals).
1970, 1974 (but only for Holland), 1998 and 2006 were better World Cups, although only 1970 was considerably better. But football was another game then.

People are complaining too much about the refs: the way players dive is not making the referee's job easier. And coaches should stop complaining about referees, they have the biggest responsability in the unfair way football is played nowadays. The way Holland played the final was a disgrace: very, very cynical...and that from a country that has brought us super offensive football. In a way Holland lost the final to their past, Spain is playing the way Cuijff wants to play football.
Usually i'm somebody who don't likes Spanish sports (i really don't like Real Madrid for example), but the football this Spain team played is wonderfull. They played
against some very defensive teams and still managed to win. That's a big achievement.

And then the stars...well this WC produced new stars: Thomas Muëller, Iniesta, Xavi (both were already stars but they don't behave like stars), Ghana's Annan, Forlan, Cavani, Pique, Schweinsteiger, Özil, and i forgot some great players.

This was a good World Cup, i only didn't like the first matches, but afterwards it became better.

Best match: Ghana - Uruguay for the drama.
Best matches (pure footballistic): Germany -Argentina, Spain - Germany (the real final), USA - Ghana, Brazil- Ivory Coast.

I really enjoyed the Italy-Slovakia match. So much drama until the last minutes. Germany matches were pretty awesome to watch.

The final would have been better if that ball that Holland tried to send of good sportsman ship entered. They also did attempt a cheap shot by giving it back another time to a throw in near Casillas. :D

Last edited:
Off the pitch I think South Africa should be commended for being very good tournament hosts. People's fears (mine included) about crime, infrastructure and organisation were quickly put aside and everything went smoothly. They built some impressive stadia too, particularly in Soccer City, Cape Town, Durban and Nelspruit.

One thing I was disappointed to see was the number of empty seats in the group games and even in the early knock-out rounds. It's something I'm not used to seeing after the last few world cups. I'm sure this is FIFA's fault. Any spare tickets should have been sold at low prices or given away to school children. They seemed to forget that South Africa is a poor country in the main.

I have to say, I went there for 3 weeks, and it was incredible in terms of the locals and organisation. There was very little crime, local people were really friendly, there was great banter with most fans. The South Africans really embraced the tournament and it's a fantastic country - there is a myriad of things to do and places to visit, I cannot recommend it enough.

I think it was a very good World Cup.
You huys are way too negative.
I've seen every World Cup since 1970.

Wow, your old! :lol: just kidding :)

People are complaining too much about the refs: the way players dive is not making the referee's job easier. And coaches should stop complaining about referees, they have the biggest responsability in the unfair way football is played nowadays. The way Holland played the final was a disgrace: very, very cynical...and that from a country that has brought us super offensive football. In a way Holland lost the final to their past, Spain is playing the way Cuijff wants to play football.
Usually i'm somebody who don't likes Spanish sports (i really don't like Real Madrid for example), but the football this Spain team played is wonderfull. They played
against some very defensive teams and still managed to win. That's a big achievement.

The ref's weren't great but it's true, the game is so fast these days they need more help.

And then the stars...well this WC produced new stars: Thomas Muëller, Iniesta, Xavi (both were already stars but they don't behave like stars), Ghana's Annan, Forlan, Cavani, Pique, Schweinsteiger, Özil, and i forgot some great players.

Fabio Coentrao

This was a good World Cup, i only didn't like the first matches, but afterwards it became better.

This is, there were too many teams where we expected excitement from which delivered nothing at all.

Apart from the the 7-0 thumping of a North Korea team who got their tactics horribly wrong Portugal were dire (apart from their keeper and Fabio Coentrao)

Brazil didn't play with their usual samba football, instead its was sit and counter :( .

I like Holland but they never got out of second gear, our Van Persie barley needed to do anything.

Everytime a team when up vs Spain they sat deep and were too scared to take them on. Spain are a great team, worthy winners and play great football but their matches are dull when the other team sits back so much.

Italy were dire! England? that match vs Algeria was one off the worst matches i think i've ever seen. mind numbingly bad! :CONFUSE:

My point was we didn't see the top teams and so called top players really spread their wings, Germany and Argentina were thankfully the excpetions :WORSHIP: and France and their self destruction was actually fun and hilarious to watch though :) :BOP:

Best match: Ghana - Uruguay for the drama.

Agree.

Best matches (pure footballistic): Germany -Argentina, Spain - Germany (the real final), USA - Ghana, Brazil- Ivory Coast.

Didn't like Argentina Germany, it was almost embarrassing how poor Argentina defended, too easy for the Germans! Wasn't close

Spain vs Germany was an average match at best

USA, Ghana was good, not great.

Brazil vs Ivory Coast was fun, full of incidents and Brazil actually played well in that match and weren't rather dull like they were vs Portugal and shit like they were in the second half vs the Dutch.

This WC being better than '94 and 2002 is a fn joke to be honest, this was a WC just like 2006 even worse with the horrible refs , heartless, talentless players who didn't even cared for the love of football. Spain won a WC playing average that's a fact, Vuvuzelas sum this WC pretty good. :JAY:

Back
Top Bottom