Real Madrid Thread

Butatista said:
Zico said:
cfdh_edmundo said:
theres on team you want to watch in Spain this season and that team is Club Atletico de Madrid....

Your right there buddy!

There my fave team aswell, only because of Burgos and Torres tho. You must see this Atletico Madrid banner I have, it's massive and looks sweet.

ATLETICO!! ATLETICO!!

Zico, is there anyone you don't support??

I don't support them, there just my fave Spanish team. ;)

brain candle said:
Zico you sem to be the most knowledgable footy fan i know of.

Thanks mate!

At least somone appreciates what I bring to the forum. ;)

Zico said:
Nickybaker said:
Zico said:
brain candle said:
Zico you sem to be the most knowledgable footy fan i know of.

Thanks mate!

At least somone appreciates what I bring to the forum. ;)

He must be pissed!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

Na, he's a good lad like me who doesn't drink.

HO HO HO

MERRY CHRISTMAS! ;)
who DOESNT drink? wow, and there i go thinking i knew soo much about the two of you ;)

-azn

I like Torres, but saying he's better than Raul at the moment is a bit wrong.

Casillas
The early minutes of play were a bit of an agony for Real Madrid. The Whites took 30 minutes to adapt to the field (a lot smaller than usual). They were not quite making its play flow, as not many approaches from the flanks were actually seen. But then, Casillas was there to save his team all through these 25 agonic minutes when the locals got very close as many as four occasions (Óscar Pérez -7’-, Cuevas -11’-, Kepa -12’- and Romero -22’-) Bravo for the Goalie

First approach and target
The coach ordered Solari to move to the midfield to help out Borja and Cambiasso in an attempt to get the ball ahead. Number '14' began to move to the left. The tactics worked out fine, as a charge by active Juanfran was finished off by Guti (36').

Local target
The white drive was back on to unbalance the encounter right at the very first group action of the visiting side. The target seemed to numb Eibar players. The ball was now at the Whites' feet with some more patient play. However, a defensive slip (everybody failed to clear the ball) ended up in a corner kick. Then Cuevas made the local fans hit the roof with his header into the net. It was right before the break, a fair draw as halftime result.

Tight encounter
The coaches made no changes to face the second half. Real Madrid put its lines closer together to avoid any gap. Mejía and Rubén succeeded in their clearing all the balls out of the white area, but no Madrid player managed to take advantage of the gaps the locals were leaving in their attacks. It was hard work because the home side was constantly fighting. The pressure from both sides made the distances very short.

The home coach sent Kortina on, a heavy-duty forward to drill the opposing area. Queiroz replaced Juanfran for Nuñez, as the former seemed not so active in the second half. The Whites though were still lacking the necessary drive while Portillo was not receiving many passes. Newcomer Kortina started off a counterattack, but Olalla got in his way when the striker was aiming at Casillas' goal. The keeper also had to step in to make a save in the 78th minute when Arregi shot at the target. Correidora came up with a powerful right-footed shot that hit the bar (81').

Time was running out for Madrid to settled a good result. They starved of the ball and suffered for it. Queiroz sent Jordi and Raúl Bravo on to replace Cambiasso and Borja in an attempt to break down the local drive. The Whites failed to hit Basauri's goal (no dangerous shot was fired in the second half). The tie on the road makes the round easier for Real Madrid.

1 - EIBAR: Basauri; Edu Roldán, Alaña, Kepa, Dani; Uriz (De la Cruz, 75’); S. Romero, Cuevas (Kortina, 60’), Óscar Pérez, Corredoira; Saizar (Arregi, 75’).
1 - REAL MADRID: Casillas; Olalla, Mejía, Rubén, Paredes; Juanfran (Núñez, 68’), Borja (Raúl Bravo, 86’), Cambiasso (Jordi, 81’), Solari; Guti and Portillo.
GOALS:
0-1 (36’): Juanfran gets into the area and his deathly pass lands at Guti, who nets the ball.
1-1 (45’): Cuevas, header, from a corner kick.
[/b]

Is there not a reserve goalie for Real? The team had practically all reserves, however still Casillas in goals. He was superb though.

FD

It was great to see my girlfriend Alaña playing tonight. :mrgreen:

I Think Cesar Sanchez is on loan to Valladolid, although i'll need to check.

O well, Casillas is now a top world-class keeper thanks to Real's pathetic backline. Maybe Real should go after Puyol... but I have no problem seeing Pavon and Raul Bravo playing the backline, they are already improving, with Bravo making the national team and whatnot, hope to see Pavon in Euro 2004 too.

What went wrong on Saturday against the boys from the Basque country? I believe the title will go to Valencia, for the simple reason they can grind out 1-0 victory's, where as Real can't.

It was a pathetic performance by the whites :/

As for pavon, he needs to go, he has made far too many mistakes this season.

I dont get to see R.Madrid play except for highlights in the US, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the midfield and forwards typically line-up?

I know that Becks is playing central-mid now, so where do Zizou and Figo play? And does Raul push far ahead or does he play to the left and behind Ronaldo?

Thanks.

as far as i can tell they have ronny up front and Raul in behind with Becks and some other fella i cant remember playing central and then Figo and Zidane drift around the pitch in some kinda Dutch Total Footy way!!

--------------Ronaldo-------------

---Raul-------Zidane------Figo---

---------?---------Beckham-------

I hope that makes sense...I'm 99% sure thats how they line up.

ReActor said:
--------------Ronaldo-------------

---Raul-------Zidane------Figo---

---------?---------Beckham-------

I hope that makes sense...I'm 99% sure thats how they line up.

Looks almost like Becks is a DMF with offensive support. I was under the impression that he is basically running the offense like a quarterback. Any thoughts appreciated.

ghazi said:
I dont get to see R.Madrid play except for highlights in the US, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the midfield and forwards typically line-up?

I know that Becks is playing central-mid now, so where do Zizou and Figo play? And does Raul push far ahead or does he play to the left and behind Ronaldo?

Thanks.

.......................Ronaldo..............
.............Raul.............................
..........................................Figo.
...Zidane....................................
.........................Beckham..........
..............Cambiaso....................
R.Carlos.........................Salgado
............?????.......??????.............
.................Casilas.....................

Zidane and Figo play here, is the perfect lineup, only the centrals defenders are a turnover.

totally off-topic but very important question. Are there are wbsites that offer minute by minute details of African Cup games, etc? NIgeria and Tinusia are tied right now with 10 minutes left.

HELP!!

Back
Top Bottom