Real Madrid Thread

L

Lionheart

How can we have all these club threads but not a thread on the biggest and greatest club on Earth?

Today Real squeezed in the Spanish Cup last 16 thanks to Raul's overtime heel kick. Since Leganes failed to axe the whites, no one will now.

Champions League is a tougher job. Bayern first round can be tedious, but there's no reason why Real can't win both games.

Last edited by a moderator:
How lucky were Real?

That just further proves to me that Real cant play away from the Bernabeu

They need to stop buying attacking players and get there shit defence sorted

Yeah the Madrid Prez wont have any it.Im sure if it was actually up to the Coach a Defender would be top of his list,Its stupid really coz they could ave anyone they wanted probably(Im talking about defenders ;) )

Well I heard that Valdano is pleeing with Perez to purchase new defenders, so it looks like defenders will be on there way soon. So it's not looking good for European football if Real get in some decent defenders.

ThomasGOAL said:
http://veepers01.budlight.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=70699AE0-323A-11D8-BDF9-E3635E514682

:mrgreen:

Nice one Thomas boy!

So Beckham's the best player in the world because Victoria said so. :D

they are after that great defender Abl Xavier. Yeah that's right, the Pool misfit!!!

loz said:
they are after that great defender Abl Xavier. Yeah that's right, the Pool misfit!!!

He wasn't that bad, it's just that Liverpool hate attacking defenders. :mrgreen:

ThomasGOAL said:
http://veepers01.budlight.com/service/RetrieveCard?id=EDF54374-323F-11D8-BDF9-E3635E514682
LMAO :mrgreen: "speedy gonzalez" hahaha, quality TG

-azn

foxtrot_yankee said:
Real Madrid won't sign defenders. It is seen as a sign of weakness according to their chairman or someone.

Yes Perez is quoted as saying this, but Carlos Quieroz the new coach for Madrid has said that they will be looking into buying both a defender & a midfielder in the January transfer, and then some time afterwards had an outburst slating the team for I forget what exactly, but complacency, attacking mentality.. not sure.

Plausible that everyone is unsettled by this.

Remember also that EVERYONE in the world knows about Madrids defense and that it needs improvement, could it be possible prices will be driven up by the demand?

They also say a lot of things and do the exact opposite so who knows. not me.

They need to stop buying attacking players and get there shit defence sorted

it's funny how they are still able to top the champions league group stage & spanish first division though.

Nothing's ever perfect ;)

Milanista said:
The best defence is the attack. :D
hmm, my reply to that is "Attack wins you matches, Defence wins you Championships" ;):mrgreen:

-azn

Anyone see the match today?

Real started off real shakey, i even got worried when they went 1-0 down, but they soom come back with an awesome header by Raul. In the second half they seemed to keep with the flow with a goal from ronaldo. The second major run Ronaldo did won Real a penalty and Figo stepped up and scored.

Eto'o and Mallorca was really unlucky in General, with many attempts just going wide or hitting the posts.

Overall, it was a good game, but this match really illustrated how weak Real's defence was, with Mallorca's attack just running through the back four and with quite a few mistakes from Pavon.

My Personal Man of the match was Casillas, he perfomed solidly through out the game and really saved Real on quite a few occasions.

cfdh_edmundo said:
theres on team you want to watch in Spain this season and that team is Club Atletico de Madrid....

Your right there buddy!

There my fave team aswell, only because of Burgos and Torres tho. You must see this Atletico Madrid banner I have, it's massive and looks sweet.

ATLETICO!! ATLETICO!!

saw them play Valencia in the Calderon earlier this year, bit of a let down in terms of performance (lost 3-0) but really cool atmosphere in the ground. Theyve picked up a lot tho, new signings like Ari Ibagaza, Lequi and Musampa have all settled in well. Torres is the best Spanish striker in La Liga at the moment... on much better form than Raul. Hes signed a contract extention too, heres to hoping they sneak the last of the Spanish CL places... bring back the glory days of 96 !!

Zico said:
cfdh_edmundo said:
theres on team you want to watch in Spain this season and that team is Club Atletico de Madrid....

Your right there buddy!

There my fave team aswell, only because of Burgos and Torres tho. You must see this Atletico Madrid banner I have, it's massive and looks sweet.

ATLETICO!! ATLETICO!!

Zico, is there anyone you don't support??

Back
Top Bottom