Red Dead Redemption 2 [*PC ONLY*]

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Hertfordshire
Exeter City
Since hijacking the Red Dead thread with an offensive name, this is a new thread to discuss everything Red Dead PC.

Buying Red Dead 2:-
At the moment the best place to purchase Red Dead 2 on PC is to use a Ukrainian VPN.

1. Download a VPN client
2. Connect to Ukraine
3. Goto the Rockstar store in a browser.
4. Sign in.
5. Purchase with PayPal or fee free card like Revolut.
6. Disconnect VPN
7. Log into Rockstar Launcher
8. Play game

There's a longer days mod which is interesting but a little buggy, worth checking out though: https://www.nexusmods.com/reddeadredemption2/mods/41

Also a mod to remove the photo mode camera restrictions: https://www.mod-rdr.com/files/file/8-photo-mode-enhancer/

This mod removes all limits from Photo Mode in RDR 2, meaning you can move your camera anywhere in the world without distance restrictions.

And this tool lets you access your ingame photos outside the game:

https://github.com/SyDevTeam/rdr2view/releases

1573581623144.png
1573581633295.png

RDR Modding Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/KSU7vFx

Since hijacking the Red Dead thread with an offensive name, this is a new thread to discuss everything Red Dead PC.

Buying Red Dead 2:-
At the moment the best place to purchase Red Dead 2 on PC is to use a Ukrainian VPN.

1. Download a VPN client
2. Connect to Ukraine
3. Goto the Rockstar store in a browser.
4. Sign in.
5. Purchase with PayPal or fee free card like Revolut.
6. Disconnect VPN
7. Log into Rockstar Launcher
8. Play game
disconnect VPN?Direct i choose paypal and dont pay, only disconnect then?

Everyone should check if they have this draw distance issue:
I checked in my settings file and it was also set to low for me so manually changed it to Ultra.

I still play it occasionally whenever I see cool stuff on YouTube to try myself.
The only thing I still haven't done and not able to do is the Ghost Train.

It seems to have settled itself down, it's possible I set things too high and was running out of RAM/VRAM or something, doesn't appear to be mod related at least so that's a good thing. Some really cool mods out now!

I have tried various mods new ones.
It is incredibly hit and miss if they even work and also cause the game to crash.

Do you use the MOD loader?

I have tried various mods new ones.
It is incredibly hit and miss if they even work and also cause the game to crash.

Do you use the MOD loader?

Yeah but it only works for Lenny's, the ASI ones that go in the root don't have a mod loader that I'm aware of.

I'm definitely not having issues with them not loading and the crashes don't seem mod related other than in the sense of pushing the game further than it can really handle (and certain visual settings being a bit buggy depending on the system).

Yeah but it only works for Lenny's, the ASI ones that go in the root don't have a mod loader that I'm aware of.

I'm definitely not having issues with them not loading and the crashes don't seem mod related other than in the sense of pushing the game further than it can really handle (and certain visual settings being a bit buggy depending on the system).

For instance the Seasons mod one doesn't load for me..
And non of the Upscalled textures load either.

At the 1.19ish mark in the video you don't see the season, so that doesn't load and the Stagecoach mod doesn't load in either.

Last edited:
Tried it a few times and reinstalled - Can't get it to work at all.
Clearly doing something wrong - Although TBH can't really tell if any of the mods are working in all honesty.

The only one I know which works for sure is the Buy all Weapons one.

Tried it a few times and reinstalled - Can't get it to work at all.
Clearly doing something wrong - Although TBH can't really tell if any of the mods are working in all honesty.

The only one I know which works for sure is the Buy all Weapons one.

If you have the ASI loader working correctly you should get a trainer installed as well (NativeTrainer.asi in the root folder) when in game you press F5 I think it is to bring up the trainer, if the F keys aren't bringing up various things then your mods aren't working

Do you by any chance have a bin sub folder in RDR2?

Anything set to read only? Have to make sure when you check the properties of all files it looks like this:

1693394190237.png

Also run both the Rockstar app and RDR2 as Admin.

Back
Top Bottom