Red Dead Redemption 2

Have to admit, I may have used the gold glitch before letting the game update, hehe.

Only on chapter 2, taking it slowly.

FD

I don't think you need the gold glitch in this game. I didn't do it and ended the game with about 3000 dollars.

It is actually one of my gripes against the game that money is really easy to come by, I barely robbed anybody/shops etc as I didnt need to.

They needed to make it harder so you actually needed to rob, steal and loot to survive imo.

Yeah absolutely no way you need to glitch in singleplayer, money is extremely easy to come by and there's nothing to spend it on, I have about $9,000 and my wife has $11,000 and that's without doing any robberies and the like except for the ones you have to do as part of the story.

On chapter 4 now. All football games are put aside at the moment. Witcher3 was last game that sucked me in like this.
Ending of chapter3 and chapter4 so far are savage!
There is a lot of cool side missions where Im at, so im getting distracted constatntly. But i dont mind. No rush whatsoever. I really like how NPC's remember everything and they might ask you about follow up on a conversation that you had a while ago. This world is really nicely crafted.

Personally I dont mind plenty of $$$. As a casual player I wouldnt like to have to constantly rob trains or shops to survive. I like to waste time in this game but I wouldnt like to be forced to waste time, if you know what I mean. I dont buy guns or any fancy stuff and money only goes towards provisions and ammo. So its cool.

Ps. Absolutely hate St.Denis. Smelly, Dirty, Claustrophobic Shithole. I recon it was made like that on purpose, but anytime I go somewhere outside, there is a feeling of relief. Which is also cool how they were able to craft all locations.

Recently played through RDR again after completing this. RDR is the better game, overall. It obviously doesn't look as good but it has a superior story, better controls and a preferred inventory management system.

This game has soul it is a living and breathing entity. Still on chapter 3 no more footy gaming will have to go down to semi pro after this is said and done. Francis Sinclair and Bandersnatch are the rabbit holes I can not peel my mind away from. God bless the Hauser's. I can only imagine the slow down once I am able to explore Blackwater and go from the deep South all the way up to Murphy's Brood location.

Fast travel can kiss my grits.

Just wondering who everyone has killed the most? I drop the stable owner and his rancher friend a lot near Hannover. The twins who you can sell horses to also tend to meet their maker more often than not.

Seamus in Emerald Ranch takes first prize though, lost count of how many times and ways I've wasted him. His 'Don't even look at me funny' line doesn't help his cause either, it's a red rag to a bull. no pun intended

Just wondering who everyone has killed the most? I drop the stable owner and his rancher friend a lot near Hannover. The twins who you can sell horses to also tend to meet their maker more often than not.

Seamus in Emerald Ranch takes first prize though, lost count of how many times and ways I've wasted him. His 'Don't even look at me funny' line doesn't help his cause either, it's a red rag to a bull. no pun intended
:LOL:
And they're just coming back??
To be honest - I didnt kill any relevant NPC's.
Wasnt sure how would that play out. I didnt want to loose a stable or fence.
Its a bit silly. Id rather if our actions had consequences and if we were actually loosing their side of the business

And they're just coming back??
To be honest - I didnt kill any relevant NPC's.
Wasnt sure how would that play out. I didnt want to loose a stable or fence.
Its a bit silly. Id rather if our actions had consequences and if we were actually loosing their side of the business

Yeah they usually respawn the day later. It's not logical but it's too funny to shoot them in the head and see their head bandaged up next time you visit

His 'Don't even look at me funny' line doesn't help his cause either
This made me laugh. Most of people I killed asked for it. Im not going around wasting people for the craic, but when I hear "hey watch where you're going you idiot!"
Im like
7Xc0.gif

Yeah I try to play the benevolent cowboy and not kill NPC's I also do not want to spoil any good bits I like all my fellow posters here and would hate to ruin those encounters it's what gives the game so much life and vibrancy......however the gunsmith in Rhodes had this interesting little thing going on in his shop and because of that I couldn't resist taking him out. Now the way this game is so flawlessly executed and programmed I thought maybe his brother or another owner would be there the next time I went back but no it was still the guy I killed face all busted up, and he did not make mention of my transgression the first time but the second time I went back Author kind of ribbed him and the store owner commented back.

The geek in me loves that kind of shit I must say.

I remember watching a lot of promotional stuff for the Witcher 3 a year before it retailed and the CD Red guys made it known that Red Dead was an inspirational game for them if they can ape some of the progressive and emergent things from Redemption and get it into Cyberpunk we are all in for one hell of a ride.

Last edited:
The thing I really like about this game, is the way they crafted Arthur.
He is really likable character. Its not easy to achieve that. In a lot of games our characters often do or say things that annoy me. They are either too much of a pussies, or too much of a pricks.
Rockstar found a fine ballance. I have almost 50% of the game completed at this point and I dont recall single instance, where Arthur did or say something annoying. Its quite the opposite. He suprises me on regular bases, making me laugh or think about the world and people around him.

Roger Clark, Actor: Red Dead Redemption II. Roger Clark was born in New Jersey, raised in Ireland and trained in the U.K.

You sir are a fish.
You know i robbed a God dam stage coach, hell you've seen me do it.

I could go on and on this guy nailed every single one of his lines and dare i say probably better than an Fully American born and trained actor. Amazing job he defo gives it that bit of soul this game has.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Let me see some Arthur's if y'all want to share I reckon.

Last edited:
Lorenzo was that dude in the 90's. Still today I'm sure but me being a Gen X er he was that guy when I was growing up.

Have to say it's rivalling the 1st for me and possibly the best game I've ever played (the first one is currently that).

I actually prefer Arthur to John which helps, there's loads of characters and the multiple stories/side stories are brilliant.

FD

Can't bring myself to removing it from The PS4, so trying to do some of the other stuff, dinosaur bones, cigarettes and some of the other extra stuff on it.

So still a wee bit of time to play it out.

FD

Rumour has it PC version is going to be announced next week as an Epic Games exclusive, due to Epic allowing Take Two to keep 100% of the sales for all add-ons.

Also rumoured game is to be released in July.

Take all this with a pinch of salt as although it will likely come to PC, any announcement is probably months away and doubt we would see PC release this year.

With the news of a PS5 pencilled in for 2020 I think the more likely thing is perhaps a remastered RDR2 for next gen consoles and only then a PC version?

howdy cowgirls and cowboys!! i guess its about time to get into the saddle and ride again... :)

Red Dead Redemption 2 patch 1.09 tested: has HDR been fixed?
Plus: graphics 'downgrade' addressed - but was it broken in the first place?
Red Dead Redemption patch 1.09 arrived last week, delivering a huge update that took the online component out of its beta period and addressed the game's somewhat disappointing HDR support. On top of this, the patch notesdiscuss improving ambient occlusion, giving weight to stories circulating for months that the effect was somehow downgraded after the game launched. Were there actually reductions in visual quality? Is HDR now 'fixed'? We took a look at the new update and the news is positive: Red Dead Redemption 2 has never looked better with the new patch installed.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...ead-redemption-2-patch-109-adds-excellent-hdr

edit:
The HDR update is a winner overall though, with identical implementations in place for both PlayStation and Xbox users. If you own Red Dead 2, it's well worth revisiting - some of the best visuals of this generation now look even better on a suitably equipped HDR display, and if you ducked out of the incredibly long story mode (as we did) now's a good time to polish off your playthrough.

With the news of a PS5 pencilled in for 2020 I think the more likely thing is perhaps a remastered RDR2 for next gen consoles and only then a PC version?

If the rumours are true about the October update of Windows 10, then waiting for a port really won't be an issue.

What rumours?

Microsoft recently released the step ahead version of Windows 10 and everyone who tried it got a trial or free version of State of Decay.
The downloaded files were not the PC version and were the Xbox One files, and Windows 10 was running the Xbox version.

If this is correct you will be able to play any Xbox One game on Windows 10.

Microsoft however have not confirmed or denied these rumours.

Last edited:
Hmm interesting, hope it's true but don't think it is likely to magically mean all devs will allow it without some kind of licensing agreement.

Hmm interesting, hope it's true but don't think it is likely to magically mean all devs will allow it without some kind of licensing agreement.

I doubt it would be straight forward.
State of Decay 2 is a Microsoft game, and I guess they were trying to get feedback on whether it is possible across multiple hardware setups.

I suspect a lot of developers may not allow their games to be available this way, but interesting if it does happen.

Back
Top Bottom