Exeter City
Cover:
packshot-8b248fe2ff0297b19c04d3e41ea00a04.jpg

Platforms: PS4/Xbox One/PC
Release Date: 26 Oct 2018

Developer: Rockstar
Genre: Action/Adventure

Description:
Red Dead Redemption 2 is a 2018 action-adventure game developed and published by Rockstar Games. The game is the third entry in the Red Dead series and is a prequel to the 2010 game Red Dead Redemption

Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope there will be a remastered version of the first one for PS4 because I didn't have the chance to play the first game.

Fav game indeed. The only game where I ever took things slow. Never did any fast travel, I enjoyed riding my horse all over the country too much. Even did all the collecting/hunting missions which I normally never do.

Now all we have to do is wait....

Cannot wait for this (well I know I have to).

I've been waiting a long time for this news, and glad it's coming.

Fav game and I even loved the Nightmare version too.

FD

Not played RDR either so would love a remastered edition of the game or even it being released on PS Play, so I can give this a go.

As not going out to buy a PS3 or XBOX 360 in order to play the game.

Shame it never came out on PC, as backwards compatibility is never an issue.

Not played RDR either so would love a remastered edition of the game or even it being released on PS Play, so I can give this a go.

There's strong rumours that the development was so problematic it was lucky it ran so well on PS3/360 but that there was so little documentation and such that it would be virtually impossible to either port to PC or remaster.

can't be so complicated to borrow a friend ps3 and spend a 5ers for a second hand copy of rdr....since most ps3 are now collecting dust in some shelves...

Fanastic experience, especially once you end the first few tutorials and get into the real stories.

French version here has a much higher bitrate than the English version: http://gamersyde.com/download_red_dead_redemption_2_trailer_fr_30mbps_-38494_en.html

Thought these two scenes were particularly interesting:

Showing our kill on horseback, does this mean we have to move our kills someone to skin/strip and/or we no longer can magically carry multiple animal skins in our pockets? Or maybe selling the whole animal is worth more money or something...

Great to see so many Buffalo roaming wild, they went from 40,000,000 in 1840 to only 395,000 by 1880, so possibly a hint this is set much earlier than RDR1?

Great observations there. Such a sad statistic with the Buffaloes though. I'm not killing any when I get the game.:SMUG: Oh, and canoes.:COOL:

Just stumbled on this...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...tion-and-rockstar-games-announce-partnership/

Red Dead Redemption 2: PlayStation and Rockstar Games announce partnership

For the past 20 years, Rockstar have continually redefined the concept of open worlds. From the record breaking Grand Theft Auto series, the Midnight Club racing games, the schoolyard comedy Bully, to the breakout hit Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar have consistently delivered on a level that few have managed to match.

Now, following up Grand Theft Auto V — one of the most successful entertainment properties of all time — Rockstar is set to return with Red Dead Redemption 2, the latest entry in the Red Dead series of games. And there’s no better place to play it than PlayStation.

Hand crafted to take full advantage of PS4, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

We are pleased to announce that PS4 players get first access to earn select online content in the vast open world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Check back on PlayStation.Blog for more details soon and for all of the latest information on Red Dead Redemption 2.

In addition, the PS3 classic Red Dead Redemption will be coming to PlayStation Now soon. Relive the epic story of former outlaw John Marston as he hunts down the gang members he once called friends through the harsh and punishing landscape of America’s dying West.

Good spot and good call @Placebo on the buffalo, your stat reminded me of this photo

buffalobones1.jpg

Think the white man slaughtered millions as they were the Native Americans' main source of food/clothes etc etc?

Old news perhaps, but Red Dead Revolver is available on the ps4 since oct. 11
For all those that missed it on the ps2 it may be a nice buy.

Old news perhaps, but Red Dead Revolver is available on the ps4 since oct. 11
For all those that missed it on the ps2 it may be a nice buy.
Worth buying? I never played it I don't think - nor the sequel, which has been sat on my PS3 hard drive for years (but I realise I'm missing out there)...

Worth buying? I never played it I don't think - nor the sequel, which has been sat on my PS3 hard drive for years (but I realise I'm missing out there)...

Hard to say as it's very personal of course. I do have fond memories of this game. I have always liked westerns so the atmosphere was great. I liked the gameplay as well, a bit fast paced shooting but it was nice. Also nice that you got to play with different characters as well.
I also remember that I did not finish the game because I saved the game at some shootout with only a few percent of my life left (stupid thing to do). When booting up I always died just before I could get to a medicine bottle.

Saw a few reviews, graphically it hasn't aged well but I think I'm going to buy it anyway.
It's 14,99 now so I will wait a little to see if the price drops.
I still have so many unfinished games so can afford to wait.

If you do buy it I suggest to do so in the US store. I bought GTA San Andreas and it's smoother in NTSC compared to PAL.

A bit off topic but another very nice western game is Gun that was made for the pc and ps2.
I really liked that game so wouldn't mind having them release this as PS2onPS4.

Back
Top Bottom