Red Dead Redemption 2

Im still locked out from online.
I think they will be adding all the options gradually.
Including some private session or "room" that would help the likes of you and the wife.

One the other note - two days later I finally found and tamed her.
20181129_001942.jpg

That the wintery Arabian? I found her and started the process but then got attacked by wolves and lost her! I'm in that region as I need a tonic recipe so will head there again, my wife found her and tamed her before me so I wasn't impressed!

That the wintery Arabian? I found her and started the process but then got attacked by wolves and lost her! I'm in that region as I need a tonic recipe so will head there again, my wife found her and tamed her before me so I wasn't impressed!
Haha, it is! Ive seen some pictures and heard "legends" but i never looked up where she is. So i was wondering around snow mountains for two days. She is a feisty one to tame as well.

I want private lobbies aswell. I'm sure they will patch it in at some point.

Just to back up the guy strangling people by accident, I have rugby tackled 2 people in ST Denis by trying to run and jump quickly onto my horse. Therefore getting a bounty on my head and having to leg it.

I know a few other people that have done the same. But it has only happened a couple of times, i learned not to run and try and get on my horse in St denis or crowded places :-P

Best experience is dark room, big telly and headphones. ;)
I have ps4 slim and im having great time and it looks stunning.
For me personally graphic differences were always difficult to see. Whatever you have will work just fine, once you have a big size telly and headphones.

Best experience is dark room, big telly and headphones. ;)
I have ps4 slim and im having great time and it looks stunning.
For me personally graphic differences were always difficult to see. Whatever you have will work just fine, once you have a big size telly and headphones.

The only good thing i have is big belly, lol. Actually this could be my first time having a console :EMB:. I read reviews & see some videos about RDR2 on YT, it looks soo tempting !

Thanks for your suggestion :))

I wonder what is the best experience to play this game, X1X or PS4 Pro ?
I echo what Emroth said. Get some good headphones. Actually headphones with most game these days is the way to go. Game looks great on the standard PS4 too. Don't think there's much difference at all between the consoles.

I echo what Emroth said. Get some good headphones. Actually headphones with most game these days is the way to go. Game looks great on the standard PS4 too. Don't think there's much difference at all between the consoles.

I have seen it on Xbox One X and standard PS4 and the difference IMO is pretty big.

The Xbox everything is so much sharper and better, there is clearly much higher res textures in use.

However not seen it on a PS4 Pro and textures are apparently the same as Xbox One X, except the resolution is different in 4K, so they probably look similar in HD.

But then I notice graphically differences when changing settings on PC which many people probably don't notice.

My only gripe with the graphics is the frame drops which are very evident on my Xbox, I wish there was an option on the X to play in HD and have 60FPS rather than 4K locked @30FPS with very evident drops in the frame rate.

Jumped into the online beta last night and got a the All's Fair achievement but not sure I did much other than shoot someone or something quickly just after I respawned from being shot while skinning a buck. Good timing and a lot of luck perhaps lol

This game is great and tedious at the same time. Whilere are loads of stuff to love, I struggle to look past some things that annoy me to no end. The lack of fast-travel kind of ruins the game for me. I often only have an hour or 90 minutes to spend on games after work which makes it nearly impossible to play RDR2. Takes a couple of minutes to get started and an eternity to get from A to B in the open world, additionally you need to take breaks to recharge energy levels, sleep, etc. etc. Those parts are just a tedium to me nowadays.
I actually struggle to continue playing the storyline because of this aspect.

Honestly, I actually preferred games like God of War and Spider-Man. Games you started and just played. God of War was particularly amazing. Enjoyed every single second of that game.

You can fast travel by taking the stage coach. You can also upgrade Arthur's wagon in camp to allow fast travel.

I'm a bit the same, where I play for an hour or so and end up not doing the main mission due to other distractions. Love it.

You can fast travel by taking the stage coach. You can also upgrade Arthur's wagon in camp to allow fast travel.

I'm a bit the same, where I play for an hour or so and end up not doing the main mission due to other distractions. Love it.

Stagecoaches only work when there's no bounty and they're only available in towns. The real fast travel options only work from within the camp. So basically when I'm in the Grizzlies West and want to get to Rhodes I'm screwed.

And that's just a shame to me. Putting down the controller and having the CPU make the ride with the cinematic camera on is just a waste of time to me. I really wish they added fast travel as an option.

Me too. As much as I enjoyed the world and riding around on my horsey, the seemingly endless schlepping back and forth across the map to get to missions became a bit tiresome towards the end of the campaign as the map got bigger.

Moved ahead to chapter 4 so I can do the glitch to spend time as Arthur in Tall Trees/West Elizabeth etc without the bounty aimbots spawning, want to get the legendary fish/animals complete, if it wasn't for that I'd have been happy staying in chapter 3 despite having played 120 hours so far:)

Me too. As much as I enjoyed the world and riding around on my horsey, the seemingly endless schlepping back and forth across the map to get to missions became a bit tiresome towards the end of the campaign as the map got bigger.
I love that “slow moving” aspect! It perfectly fits the time and the mood of the game! Take a horse, train or coaches... it was like that back then!
I don’t mind riding for 2 days, set up a camp fire at night, go on to the destination the next day... it’s just the real cowboys life.
While riding there I enjoy the beautiful country side, the weather system, the NPC’s doing there thing. Just a lovely world where everything wasn’t so hectic like today!!
I don’t want a fast travel system!
No, sorry, I don’t need one! :)

I can understand that some users want it the other way. To me it all fits perfectly.

I love that “slow moving” aspect! It perfectly fits the time and the mood of the game! Take a horse, train or coaches... it was like that back then!
I don’t mind riding for 2 days, set up a camp fire at night, go on to the destination the next day... it’s just the real cowboys life.
While riding there I enjoy the beautiful country side, the weather system, the NPC’s doing there thing. Just a lovely world where everything wasn’t so hectic like today!!
I don’t want a fast travel system!
No, sorry, I don’t need one! :)

I can understand that some users want it the other way. To me it all fits perfectly.
Same here. I wouldnt mind to have it for others, but I wouldnt use it.

I love this slow pace. There is also another element that adds to it. I can never predict whats gonna happen when travelling from A to B.
Even if I was planning to do something, more often than not it changes half way through, due to some random circumstances or side missions. Fast travel would take all this away.
This is not a game to rush through.

I also usually have one or two hours to play, but every single minute in this world is enjoyable - regardless whether im blowing up half of town, or brushing and feeding my horse.

How do you guys check how many hours you played? (Im on Ps4)

And one more question - when im saving the game manually there is a percentage (im currently at 37%)
But when you go to Progress, there is another percentage (i have 25% there)
I pressume first one is main story progress and second is total completion..?? Am i right?

How do you guys check how many hours you played? (Im on Ps4)

And one more question - when im saving the game manually there is a percentage (im currently at 37%)
But when you go to Progress, there is another percentage (i have 25% there)
I pressume first one is main story progress and second is total completion..?? Am i right?

Only way to check hours played is with the phone app or using https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/my-ps4-life/my-ps4-life-video (if the game is in your top 3 most played PS4 games).

Yes the save percentage is completion which doesn't just include the story.

Bit of a random issue but does anyone have any ideas here.

I’m trying to get timber for the father & son who are building their house. I’ve gone back to the timber yard and got on the wagon. Was about to head off but had been playing a different game earlier in the day in which R2 was drive so I accidentally pressed that and fired shots at the workers.

As it was a mistake I turned it off and back on again but now whenever I return to the timber yard I’m immediately wanted for trespassing and the workers start shooting at me.

Any way around this? Not a massive deal but the completionist in me would like to get this task done.

I have a somewhat similar issue with that as well (can't really go into it due to spoilers).

My issue is that the camp moved on, I managed to find someone driving a cart of wood, I stole it and then it told me to take it back to the people who asked for it but when I drive to the marker there's a finished house and nothing happens when I drive over the marker?

Last edited:
Hmm my spoiler isn't showing for me?

Not showing for me either.

I have since returned to the location in question and had a slightly different outcome.

I went back and this time I wasn’t immediately attacked. However, when approaching the foreman I was told I’d caused enough trouble already and asked to leave. Thus, I wasn’t able to (legally) obtain the timber.

Back
Top Bottom