Red Dead Redemption 2

Anyone else getting really low cpu usage?

Set everything to ultra at 1080p, Ryzen 7 2700x with radeon 5700 and 16gb ram.

Gpu usage constant 99% cpu usage 5%-11% fps around 30-40.

I've set the exe to high priority just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same low cpu usage?

Anyone else getting really low cpu usage?

Set everything to ultra at 1080p, Ryzen 7 2700x with radeon 5700 and 16gb ram.

Gpu usage constant 99% cpu usage 5%-11% fps around 30-40.

I've set the exe to high priority just curious if anyone else is experiencing the same low cpu usage?

Don't know about CPU usage, but the game on PC is really buggy.
Apparently loads of people are having issues in 4K same as me, and some are having the game constantly crashing.

Looks like we are going to have a few patches in the next few days.

Stability wise it's been absolutely spot on for me, I spent the evening updating my BIOS then redoing my tightened RAM timings so haven't played any more since earlier but will try some more tomorrow. I'm obviously not planning to play on Ultra permanently but to get a stable 30fps at 1080p (max of my monitor) at Ultra is very pleasing, I'm sure with a couple of setting tweaks I can get that to 60fps.

I am having quite a few issues at the moment.

Bottom of the screen disappearing, cutscenes not loading.
But switch to 1440 and Ultra and everything works perfectly, just 4K is screwed,

The patch released last night has fixed all the issues I was experiencing, and everything is now working fine.

However with a 2080 Super on 4K Ultra settings my card averages 32FPS when running the benchmark, the frame rate is lower than expected considering there is graphically better games on the PC and Red Dead doesn't even have any RTX features.

I am sure with more optimisation and future graphic drivers the frame rate will improve.

The patch released last night has fixed all the issues I was experiencing, and everything is now working fine.

However with a 2080 Super on 4K Ultra settings my card averages 32FPS when running the benchmark, the frame rate is lower than expected considering there is graphically better games on the PC and Red Dead doesn't even have any RTX features.

I am sure with more optimisation and future graphic drivers the frame rate will improve.

Meanwhile, if you're experiencing issues with stuttering due to your CPU maxing out, Reddit user serhangelgor has also found a fix for that

It does seem unoptimised indeed, can't believe the best GPUs currently available barely even manages to keep up with it at 30 fps at 4K, considering what's on offer graphically.

My 1070 Ti struggles at 1080p and a mix of high and medium settings... and I have no intention of playing it at 30 fps.

I really hope they do something about the performance - sure it looks great, but it's not THAT impressive to be so demanding.

Last edited:
So now on Chapter 2 and going to do a lot more exploring this time, and play less of the actual story and missions.

Now since I am out in the open and in Valentine, the graphics are superb and certainly an upgrade - I am sure PS5 will get a re-release of the PC version.
The extra draw distance makes being along the ridges, and having AA on in Valentine, just look amazing.

However despite a graphical increases, at the moment the game is a complete unoptimised buggy mess, there is so much graphics corruption in lakes and some textures not being updated and looking incredibly low res.

I know the game has just come out, but hopefully these issues are fixed sooner rather than later.

I got it from Ukraine for £28 too, excellent thing to do! You cannot beat the old VPN trick pity EA dont allow that for NFS Heat.,..

Damn pity that Nexus Mods dont have a chapter 4 start save game, thats how far i got on XB1X version....

Oh well, settle for start of Chapter 3 save and play it thru with the graphics upgrade on PC...

@dazzer169 so VPN doesnt work for Origin?so you can maybe find and buy nfs/fifa or other game for cheap?

Yes it works perfectly for Origin I bought Origin Premier that way last year with a Russian IP and it renewed for the price this year.

Does anyone know what those bars are at the bottom of the screen? Don't think they've always been there so not sure what I did to add them!
:)

I have to say that I really really love playing that game.
The story with all it´s side stories - be it with the bisons that have been killed and left on the ground or the fishing with the little kid etc.,
Arthur Morgan is such a strong character along all the other ones, that I am really caught in this and can´t wait to see how the story moves on.
I never want it to end.

The graphics and all that western atmosphere is really catching me.
Never been that much of a western movie fan, but this game makes me wanna watch a few ones.

Haven´t even played online yet.
Is that any good?

The game is really good, but it's totally plagued by the (now famous) "outdated Rockstar game design". I'd write an essay about it, but this guy bellow was way quicker than me:

And he completely nailed it, like a boss... My congrats :APPLAUD:
(Edit: Warning, it's a 40 minute video, so please don't try to make an argument, unless you watch it entirely)

Back
Top Bottom