Redesign opinions/issues/info

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
As you can see the look has been updated so let me know what you think, just a couple of notes too.

1) If you really don't like the full screen style you can choose "Evo-Web Narrow" from the styles list [bottom left] to squash it in a bit, this change will also reflect on the main site too (may require a page refresh after you've changed it). For the main site to stay narrow you also need to choose 'remember me' when you login to the forums.

2) For those of you that have set Xbox Live gamertags your gamercard now appears in your public profile and clicking it will take people through to your profile on mygamercard.net.

If there's anything else amiss, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
They are in bold and they also have a little downward arrow icon to the left of the thread name. I can probably make it more of a difference if required, though.

First reaction was "oh my God it's awful, it looks like a default design on a 640x480 resolution, yuck".

But now I find myself loving it, especially the buttons and the colour scheme with the username, user status (e.g. "Moderator"), user smartarse bit (e.g. "Booya!"). Not sure about the default font though, looks a bit Times New Romanny for my liking.

But otherwise, yeah, good stuff!

• Staff
Not sure about the default font though, looks a bit Times New Romanny for my liking.!
Believe me I tested too many different fonts for my health. :) We can change stuff like that easily now so depending on what everyone thinks we can try different fonts if necessary. We are restricted in the choice though as there are only a few that everyone will have installed.

Wasn't trying to knock you or anything, the design as a whole is great; it's moving ten times faster than it was before as well, running like a dream at the moment. It's just that, even when I was a teenager doing school reports, I had a burning hatred of Times New Roman and similar posh-looking fonts and used Arial instead. No biggie, at least you can read it. :)

Wasn't trying to knock you or anything, the design as a whole is great; it's moving ten times faster than it was before as well, running like a dream at the moment. It's just that, even when I was a teenager doing school reports, I had a burning hatred of Times New Roman and similar posh-looking fonts and used Arial instead. No biggie, at least you can read it. :)

what do you mean you were a teenager doing reports? sounds to me you were faking reports :lmao:

on a serious note:

can you guys make it so you can switch back to the old skin? i prefer it as i have trouble differenciating read and unread threads.

sorry

can you guys make it so you can switch back to the old skin? i prefer it as i have trouble differenciating read and unread threads.

sorry
Not easily now I'm afraid but we'll work on making the threads easier to differentiate. What would help, maybe making unread threads a darker blue and read ones a bit lighter?

The font has been changed back to verdana, which is what it was before. How's that?

Is there a way to make it condensed like the old forum. This one stretches across the whole page. I prefer the layout before.

what about using the comicsans font :P

and throw some nets in the background :D

and I like it very much. LOVE IT
gives the new fresh feeling

Back
Top Bottom