Referees & Linesmen at WC2010

Re: Referees at WC2010

How many years has this issue been pressed for ?

I remember in Euro 96 Romania going out due to a disallowed Munteanu goal that crossed the line against France.

But none of the dinosaurs at FIFA or UEFA want it. We can pressure them all we like but they will not budge.

The technology is there but it won't be implemented for the forseeable future.

Maybe Blatter and his cronies like to manipulate certain results . Anyone remember a certain Byron Moreno against Spain.......

Blatter just cares about the money pouring into the FIFA coffers. Football is a distant priority :
1.technology
2.underage players moving from Africa and South America
3.club finances and ownership
4. reducing the physical loads on players and preevnting sudden
cardiac related deaths etc etc

This has to be the worst of the lot. Larrionda and his assistant Espinoza, from Uruguay. They've earned the fucking disgrace badge more than anyone before.

fuckindisgrace.png

First an incorrect offside when Rooney received a ball that came from Lahm.
Then a ball that had crossed 33 cm away from the goal line!

It is bad for everyone: for England for obvious reasons; but even for Germany, as it takes a little bit of the spark from their victory. The match would be completely different after the equaliser and I'm sure the Germans would prefer a close but fair 3-2 than a tarnished 4-1.

FIFA is further exposed as the fraud it is. It's there for everyone to see! What else has to happen before technology is finally employed???

I'm fuckin fuming!!!! I can't make excuses for how rubbish England are, but we pulled our finger out and scored TWO goals. Can't wait for FIFA's excuses.

And what an embarrassment to football too.

Of course you are right Prof, this was a shame. But on the other hand, this English team really did not deserve to go through.
I hope FIFA learn their lesson, because this was emabarrassing, ther are lots of big referee mistakes. FIFA should help their referees.

On the other hand, the English FA should not be "blinded" by the referee error in their evaluation of the team (and the coach, Capello was very poor today).

Can't the linesman change his mind?

unbeliveable world cup....fucking disgrace to FIFA! bad to watch....

i think the referee will lose it in this match..to many temper..

sorry for bad words but this is a shame to football!

What do you expect from a wc with vuvuzelas and shameless refs = shitty wc.

and everyone makes fun of American sports replays too ! this wouldn`t even been a question in the states . Reds cards ,offsides after play is finished, goals given , but MLS dont use replay?? :LOL: FIFA controlled

Problem is if you want just for goal allowing that would open a can or worms for more...wage cap? even though big clubs still cheat around that just look at beckham.

Funny thing is you can watch the game on your cell phone but ref's can't use the technology to make football fair. Fair play by FIFA is bunch of bullocks.

How many years has this issue been pressed for ?

I remember in Euro 96 Romania going out due to a disallowed Munteanu goal that crossed the line against France.

But none of the dinosaurs at FIFA or UEFA want it. We can pressure them all we like but they will not budge.

The technology is there but it won't be implemented for the forseeable future.

Maybe Blatter and his cronies like to manipulate certain results . Anyone remember a certain Byron Moreno against Spain.......

Blatter just cares about the money pouring into the FIFA coffers. Football is a distant priority :
1.technology
2.underage players moving from Africa and South America
3.club finances and ownership
4. reducing the physical loads on players and preevnting sudden
cardiac related deaths etc etc

Lots of national teams have suffered from this. Spain got out of 2002 world cup against Corea when 2 perfectly legal goals were disallowed without anyone knowing why. And I'm sure all teams can make similar demands (ireland...).

So, Blatter must go now please. We need changes in footbal, but the rest of points that ALBI puts in his quote are equally important. Playing 70+ matches in a season is not for humans, black money entering clubs and destroying small clubs, playing with boys as products... All this has to end.

But the oth

Italian officials today for Argentina vs Mexico: Fucking Disgrace!

fuckindisgrace.png

Roberto Rosseti and his assistants can forget about their holidays at Cancun, Acapulco and Guadalajara. They won't be welcome!

It just keeps getting worse, doesn't it? We're keeping our eyes wide open for more!

What did Rosseti do? If he eliminated the goal then the Argentina side will go against him and FIFA rules prevent the dependance on video. He just took his linesman's word who should take the blame. What's up with these linesmen these days???

No qualms about that. It was a dreadful decision and it altered the course of the match and makes feel rather dirty in a way about the win.

Up to that point Mexico were on top and we had not yet woken up.

I feel for the Mexican fans. Sorry.

u are not sure?? watch video above,its %1000 goal..

anyway Germany deserve to win,if the first half was 2-2,i believe Germany would win anyway at the end of the match,they were better side..

I was being sarcastic ;) It was very clear...

Really can't feel sorry for everybody that had to suffer a refereeing mistake against them.

Too many teams that won things have benefitted and suffered from refereeing mistakes. Great teams overcome them, mediocre teams don't.

Mexico themselves were playing in the quarterfinals having scored a very dubious goal that gave them any hope to advance (1-0 against France), opening the game that became their only win in group play, against a team who in their turn were in the WC thanks to a mistake that got them past Ireland...

Wanna review every refereeing decision, starting with very bogus calls in WC '66?

*cough* cough it was 2-0 and nothing dubious about Mexico beating France.US had to win their group w/ 2 goals disallow , how argie got that call who knows but 1 thing for sure a call against you should not be the excuse for losing. Mexico had enough time and 1 error by sideline and a massive 1 by the back pass or touch whatever it was :LOL:

Argie are a tough group whether on the pitch or slapping cameras or sparing staff on the sidelines, just tuff!

Football has some rules just like any other sport..

if they can stop game, and call a referee in hockey...

why on earth they can´t do this in football?

the mistakes we saw today cost the team who suffers a LOT..it chainges the game, the tactics, the mood of players.

there is no doubt England would turn the match with Germany, or at least play different if Lampards goal was allowd.

there is no doubt Mexico would play different if Tevez goal was not allowd becouse of offside..

Not to mention that also the other teams (Germany and Argentina) would have played different if this two decisions were spotted right!

you can not say..they would have win anyway...becouse a decision like this chainges everything and to me it looks like all is just corrupted or i dont know what else to think

certainly it is not fair.

yes i know Slovakia scored first goal from offside...

i would have rather seen fair decisions, than have games and dreams of nations destroyed becouse of 3 people.

For this world cup almost, if not in every game...

I forgot to mention that all players who dive and cheat..in case it is ridicilously visible they are only acting should be punished very hard, financialy or should be banned..

i never seen so much dirty things like cheating.. like the honduras player after Villa hit him... etc..

this makes football be worse than ever...

Last edited:

*cough* cough it was 2-0 and nothing dubious about Mexico beating France.

The 1-0 goal against France was the dubious goal I was talking about. Still looks offside to me. And after that, France had to go all out attack and Mexico got a second goal from a penalty in which the attacker dove to the ground about 2 seconds before a sliding Abidal barely touched him.

I really don't care about refereeing mistakes anymore, technology could be used to avoid them, but the games also would last about 3 hours if every dubious call has to be reviewed.

There was a play by the end of the first half where Hernandez blatantly shoved Heinze to the ground while the ball was already out of bounds. Could have been interpreted as aggression without the ball beeing in play and a red card, so the Mexican goalscorer could have been sent off before the end of the first half. Or you could have said that the horse-collar tackle made by Osorio before Higuain scored the second goal would have been a red card and a penalty if Higuain had let himself fall to the ground.

Ref's don't see everything and that's it, really good teams move on and win regardless of referees.

But I don't care. All the talk about "should, could, would have been" is meaningless when you factor in the previous refereeing mistakes made by referees that made the teams advance in the first place.

Starting from France, which got in the WC thanks to a refereeing mistake, Italy and USA goals that were disallowed, the red card to the Chilean player, the 2-0 goal by Luis Fabiano that sealed the win against Ivory coast, etc...

Something similar happened in the Confederations Cup right? Referee gave a foul but the 4th official saw the replay and told the referee it was a handball instead. Egyptian player got sent off. Brazil went on to score the penalty. FIFA obviously didn't want that to happen again. First goal totally changed the game, there really won't be any issue if Tevez is marginally offside, but he was CLEARLY offside. Same with Lampard's disallowed goals.

i´m so unhappy for the goal from lampard yesterday, i can´t understand the fifa. Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Platini, Pele, Charlton and all other great player of the history must presure to the fifa, for the chip on the ball. nobody want this kind of wins.

i´m so unhappy for the goal from lampard yesterday, i can´t understand the fifa. Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Platini, Pele, Charlton and all other great player of the history must presure to the fifa, for the chip on the ball. nobody want this kind of wins.

Pele has his tongue up Blatter's backside and Platini has already said 'non' to technology.

Most likely outcome for next WC. Four extra officials two behind each goal.

Maradona already criticized this a few years ago much like he has criticized the Jabulani ball and asked Pele and Platini to play with it. :LOL:

No technology until 2018 at the earliest perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom