Referees & Linesmen at WC2010

fifa is ridiculous and a bunch of old out of touch cunts... how they cannot have replay technology in the box is a laughingstock... the england game would have been totally different affair perhaps, same with mexico vs argentina.... this is a no brainer

FIFA should at the very least introduce goal-line technology. A microchip in the ball and some kind of indicator on the referee's person. It would not slow the game down at all. So simple and Fifa should have had this in place for their flagship tournament.

^ You put a chip in the ball, a sensor in the referee's watch and programme it so that the watch vibrates when the whole ball crosses the line.

Like you say it wouldn't take long, after all teams take what... 30 seconds to celebrate their goals, plus the replays we see on TV at home. The game never kicks off immediately after a goal has been scored anyway so no time is lost.

Pele has his tongue up Blatter's backside and Platini has already said 'non' to technology.

Most likely outcome for next WC. Four extra officials two behind each goal.

Maradona already criticized this a few years ago much like he has criticized the Jabulani ball and asked Pele and Platini to play with it. :LOL:

No technology until 2018 at the earliest perhaps.

It's quite inappropriate for Maradona to criticise FIFA's no-technology policy, him of all people. He should remember what he's done in the past and keep it to himself.

Yesterday he had the nerve to compare the illegal goal to fouls on Messi that supposedly deserved yellow cards. Laughable stuff.

It's quite inappropriate for Maradona to criticise FIFA's no-technology policy, him of all people. He should remember what he's done in the past and keep it to himself.

Yesterday he had the nerve to compare the illegal goal to fouls on Messi that supposedly deserved yellow cards. Laughable stuff.

Yeah, seriously. Opportunism at its worst.

Yeah, seriously. Opportunism at its worst.

Yeah just like diving over for a penalty in 1990 ie simulating. German players of course are whiter than white.

Just ask Battiston or go back to 1954 and Puskas having a perfectly good goal ruled for offside. :ROLL:

Or how about that goal line incident against the USA in 2002 ?

Yeah just like diving over for a penalty in 1990 ie simulating. German players of course are whiter than white.

Just ask Battiston or go back to 1954 and Puskas having a perfectly good goal ruled for offside. :ROLL:

Or how about that goal line incident against the USA in 2002 ?

Don´t forget Hölzenbein on 1974 :)
Don´t forget Frings against Cruz in 2006, Fifa sent them off for the Semifinal against Italy on Videoproof. But what about Villa this year? as you see we fans are absolutly powerless against the dictatorship of the fifa and the refs

Heard on the radio today a quite a few times that Blatter has apologized for what happened for England and Mexico, and said they're considering video technology for goal disputes only.

If this is true then perfect.

but the discussion about that will begin if the world cup finshed, on a meeting in wales :(

Saw it on espn actually, close replay and i didn't see any contact. What's actually more funny is this ref's see smallest stupid things and cannot see clear off-sides and goals.

but you can be proud of the team, why they sent off almeida so early ? :(

Saw it on espn actually, close replay and i didn't see any contact. What's actually more funny is this ref's see smallest stupid things and cannot see clear off-sides and goals.

I feel like an arsed trying to defend Spain here ,but I go and explain :LOL: Costa was trying to get away from capdevilla thus elbowing him then as ball was in the air Costa looked innocent but the damage was done and capdevilla prolonged his suffereings

I feel like an arsed trying to defend Spain here ,but I go and explain :LOL: Costa was trying to get away from capdevilla thus elbowing him then as ball was in the air Costa looked innocent but the damage was done and capdevilla prolonged his suffereings

I didn't see any contact to be honest. Capdevila was play-acting on more than one occasion tonight.

I didn't see any contact to be honest. Capdevila was play-acting on more than one occasion tonight.

Second to that. You can see that Capdevilla was already getting up, but when he sees the ref pulling a card he goes down again like he took a bullet:
YouTube - Costa Red Card Portugal Vs Spain World Cup HDTV

That didn't change the final result, it was unnecessary. Therefore it was cheating by pure habit. This is just a day at the office for pricks like Capdevilla and Busquets, the cheating bastards.

Back
Top Bottom