Hungary
Cover:
icon0-2-9c8c.jpg

Platforms: PS4/Xbox One
Release Date: 03 Apr 2020

Developer: Capcom/M2
Genre: Survival Horror

Description:
Resident Evil 3 is an upcoming survival horror game developed and published by Capcom. The game is a remake of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and follows Jill Valentine as she attempts to escape a zombie apocalypse while hunted by an intelligent bioweapon known as Nemesis

Last edited:
Will be a definite purchase next year.

Resident Evil 2 was the best game I played this year + I never actually played Resident Evil 3 first time around.

source.gif

STAAAAARS
Ah, how I wished for a RE3 remake too! Definitely picking it day one.

I really tempted to do the same...i still feel like its a throw away money as all day one purchases and i rather should wait 2-3 months...but damn. RE2 was a masterpiece of a remake.

I will probably avoid the demo, as when I tried the RE2 demo, I thought it was awful.
However the full game was the best I played last year.

I will probably avoid the demo, as when I tried the RE2 demo, I thought it was awful.
However the full game was the best I played last year.

Yeah had the same impression, well it wasnt awful but it was a meh for me .....but why? :D It was from the full game completely. I dont get myself.

I usually have to play beyond a certain point in any game before I am fully involved. Those points are rarely reachable in demos, which is why they are so often underwhelming. At least that is what I think.

I think that was probably the issue, as the demo was restricted to the amount of time.
During the time limit you just did the same stuff over and over and never got involved.

If I was Capcom, I would completely avoid a demo with RE:3, the game will sell a lot of copies, as like a lot of people RE:2 was my game of the year last year.

And RE:3 would probably be my 2nd best game this year, as Last of Us 2 if arrives will win.

Interesting, the demo is what made me pre-order RE2. I mean, I did use a trainer to freeze that timer, but the demo helped me realise how the re-imagined Raccoon City will feel.

Ah yes, reminds me of the original.

Seems like biggest problem with it that its short(like the original). Also some parts from the original game are cut, and there is less detail in the gore compared to RE2R.

I'll wait for a pricedrop.

The main parts I read, is that the game is quite linear and is quite uninteresting during these parts.

Also the Nemesis isn't that terrifying as he appears at the same points in the game, so not random like Mr X from RE2.

I am still debating this, as I still have a few games to play for now, and the PC version is still £35 best price.
So TBH I think when it hits £20 I will purchase.

The main parts I read, is that the game is quite linear and is quite uninteresting during these parts.

Also the Nemesis isn't that terrifying as he appears at the same points in the game, so not random like Mr X from RE2.

I am still debating this, as I still have a few games to play for now, and the PC version is still £35 best price.
So TBH I think when it hits £20 I will purchase.

Yeah so after listening to the spoiler free reviews during home office, these are the downsides:

- short (just like the original, so they did not build on the original length, valid reason but its a remake)
- linear( i recon the original was also linear, only certain parts you had to search for items to move on to the next part, its an escape story after all)
- Nemesis(as u mentioned he is scripted unlike X, but the bossfights are interesting)
- action packed ( yes escape story, more zombies, dodge system, more bullets...like the original)
- less detailed gore (valid, thats too bad)
- no replayability/no alternate endings/no multi character playthroughs (the original was the same)

So it is what it is. Capcom just did not put extra effort in it it seems unlike into RE2(where some stuff still got cut tho). But its a Remake after all.

You can find a good deal on PC for 35E on allkeyshop. I wouldnt buy it on console for 60E tho...only reason to get it on console if you are really into the online part too.

Any one played this yet?
Still not worth the £30 it has dropped to due to length.

Instead bought Resident Evil 7 - Completed it and must say it was quite a boring, walk here there and everywhere linear game.

Any one played this yet?
Still not worth the £30 it has dropped to due to length.

Instead bought Resident Evil 7 - Completed it and must say it was quite a boring, walk here there and everywhere linear game.

Nah i'll wait for a summer sale. The game is short, has less replay value than the original and way too action packed and inferior compared to RE2R. I dont pay full price for a half assed game. RE2R got some cuts too but at least it was a complete game with a unique experience.

I rather tempted to buy Monster Hunter World instead, its on 50% sale on PS4.

Back
Top Bottom