Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

GC version was the best game of this generation. Best graphics, gameplay, soundtrack and effects, 20+ hours with little backtracking, it is truly immense.

The PS2 build is very impressive. Capcom are the masters of squeezing the best GFX out of the crusty old PS2. There are also a few added chapters and bonus weapons/costumes to boot, as Capcom want to make this the definitive version.

After the first three Biohazard's, sorry, Resident Evil's, I was incredibly disappointed with Outbreak and felt a little ripped off. It was too hard and too annoying and consequently went to my unused pile. Here's hoping for a much improved game worthy of the "crusty" PS2 (Joystick, what are you doing to your PS2? :lmao: ).

Last edited:
In the PS2 version they are going to put a little extra mission in it, when you complete the game...with this woman.

Last edited:
crayon said:
After the first three Biohazard's, sorry, Resident Evil's, I was incredibly disappointed with Outbreak and felt a little ripped off. It was too hard and too annoying and consequently went to my unused pile. Here's hoping for a much improved game worthy of the "crusty" PS2 (Joystick, what are you doing to your PS2? :lmao: ).

LoL. Not much, it really just gathers dust between the odd Devil May Cry revival.

Outbreak is a spin-off developed by a slightly different team btw and isn't really in the same frame as the original Resi games.

I've completed the GameCube's version and just tried the PS2's Trial version...

I feel that it's a very good port from the NGC... there're also very minimal pauses when the game transits to a cut scene... looking forward to the extras in the PS2's version...

I'll be getting this without a doubt, I've completed all the resi games excpept resi one directors cut.

I still play resi 2 occasionaly which, for me, is the best one of the series.

So far at least, whay do games companys always bring out loads of good games at this time of year?

Pro, the warriors, taito legends and resi 4!

My bird won't see me for a month!!!

What have I been saying for the past months?
Ign thinks the same: Gameplay
This is an eye-opening experience. RE4 is a true next-generation game on current consoles. It shatters expectations and delivers an immersive experience that will wow you.
This is truly next gen, check this in-game pics
resident-evil-4-20051021042058711.jpg

The famous burning shack, with one of the coolest bosses ever...
resident-evil-4-20051021041719472.jpg

and a sample from the bonus mission...
For those who missed this on the Cube, go buy this now.

Joystick said:
Outbreak is a spin-off developed by a slightly different team btw and isn't really in the same frame as the original Resi games.
Wish I knew that before I bought it as it came out.;) Looking forward sooooo much to this one though!

Great game and great graphics

well worth getting just for the scene where u spear a big crocodile :)

RuneEdge said:
Is this worth playing even if you've never played a Resi game before?

Yes, it's very good, well worth at least trying out, for me, the best Resi game yet.

Its very impressive graphically but the control system is a bit weird. Good game but I preferred RES 2 but that is damn hard to beat!!!!

Just my 2 pence worth

So did anybody get the game? I bought the special edition one (in GAME) thats made up of a aluminum case with a one level guide of the game in it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom