Resident Evil 5 (PS3/360)

Re: Resident Evil 5 FIRST SCREENS! (PS3/XBOX 360!)

Resident Evil 5 Delayed Until 09
Put on your waiting hat and go eat a bowl of waiting rice: It looks like Resident Evil 5 won't be coming out until 2009.

The latest issue of game mag Famitsu reports that Capcom's producer Jun Takeuchi said Resident Evil 5 will not be making a 2008 release. He also said that a 2010 release for the scary PS3 and 360 game would be too late. We used our awesome power of deduction to zero in on the year 2009.

By that time, we should have flying cars, rocket packs and that Back to the Future 2 hoverboard to enjoy, so maybe we won't want to play videogames. Did you ever think of that, Jun Takeuchi?!

Back to the future :) what a film!

Well the game sounds and looks promising, I guess we have to be patient and wait for it.

Watch Kojima, Suda 51 and Mikami chatting, blowing minds

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/21/watch-kojima-suda-51-and-mikami-chatting-blowing-minds/

This half-hour long video isn't chock full of news or hot gameplay footage. But for those of who love Metal Gear Solid or Resident Evil, it's 26 minutes more than well spent. It's Hideo Kojima (MGS) and Shinji Mikami (RE) having an informal chat that's basically moderated by Suda 51, creator of Killer 7. The event, held this summer, was called "Snake vs. Zombie." (P.S. We need one of those T-shirts, STAT.)

Come on, it's Saturday. You don't have anything to do. You owe it to yourself to spend a half-hour with these guys. If you need more convincing, know that you'll get to hear Kojima's brilliant plan to turn Resident Evil into a boring, yet profitable MMORPG and Mikami's revelation that he was drunk when he decided to be in charge of the Resident Evil remake. Honestly, it's hysterical. Go. Watch.

is the 360 lead sku for this game?

I'd doubt it, but unlike with DMC4, they knew they were developing for the 360 from the outset, so no porting to either machine.

Guess we will just have to do with AitD for this year. And the graphics should be great, I just read the first post of this game thinking it was new info........it was dated from 05!

Guess we will just have to do with AitD for this year. And the graphics should be great, I just read the first post of this game thinking it was new info........it was dated from 05!

:-pp Yeah, I thought the same thing. The game looks awesome though. I wonder what the actual gameplay will be like? Regardless, I suck at these type of games.

Why do the bodies disappear? I hate that! Also, when he shoots the zombies it doesnt leave any marks on them.

Is there a fixed release date yet? HMV have it listed for 24 October 2008 and Shop-to have it listed for 1st September 2008.

Are any of these correct?

I don't think so unfortunately. I'd wait until it's properly announced by Capcom themselves, at the moment stores will just be estimating it.

Gameinformer Scans

015.jpg

025.jpg

I'm not usually into this sorta game because they scare the shit out of me, but it's a must have.

I can imagine this game being very graphic when a chainsaw is used because of the graphics in it compared to other Resident Evil games.
I might get this, RE4 didn't impress me that much though, the controls were fairly crap imo.

It's been revealed that Resident Evil 5 will feature an online co-op mode so you can play the entire game with a friend by your side. Some storyline details have been leaked too - you might not want to read on if you don't want to know.

The news came in a Games Radar feature which has mysteriously disappeared from the Internet since it was published. But the Internet has a good memory, and can recall the article said Chris Redfield will be joined on his adventures by a lady mercenary. A second player will be able to drop-in and play as her at any time, and when you're going it alone she'll be AI-controlled.

The article also said the Mercenaries mini-game from Resi 4 is making a comeback. New features will include a cover system that lets you press yourself against walls and shoot round corners. Plus you'll be able to duck down and dodge bullets using the right analogue stick. Still no strafing.

Here comes the spoily bit: Resi 5 is set in a small African country with no name. It's located near a range of active volcanoes that runs through Eritrea, Ethiopia and Kenya, and is the source of the virus. Returning characters will include Sherry Birkin and Albert Wesker, and parts of the story will be revealed through playable flashbacks.

According to the article, the game will be out in 2009. Capcom's financial report confirms the game will be released during financial year 2008. So, Watson, it follows that Resident Evil 5 will be released at some point between January 1st and March 31st next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like Resi 4.5 in HD

No ability to strafe, no running or even walking and shooting.

I'll probably pass

I can imagine this game being very graphic when a chainsaw is used because of the graphics in it compared to other Resident Evil games.
I might get this, RE4 didn't impress me that much though, the controls were fairly crap imo.

you're probably only 3 out of a millon or so that thought the game stunk LOL AT you...

Whats with these mutated alien things? Where are the zombies and why is it day time??

you're probably only 3 out of a millon or so that thought the game stunk LOL AT you...
You're laughing at me because I didn't like a game? That's actually laughable in itself.

Not being able to shoot while moving and not being able to strafe in a shooting game like that is pretty stupid. There were much better games around at the time.

I suppose your avatar says it all, if you like that game then your taste in games isn't very good is it?

Back
Top Bottom