Hungary
Cover:
icon0-2-9c8c.jpg

Platforms: PS5/Xbox X/PC
Release Date: TBA 2021

Developer: Capcom https://www.residentevil.com/village/us/
Genre: FP Survival Horror

Description:
The next generation of survival horror rises in the form of Resident Evil Village, the eighth major entry in the Resident Evil series. With ultra-realistic graphics powered by the RE Engine, fight for survival as danger lurks around every corner.

Years after the tragic events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Ethan Winters has started over with his wife Mia, finally living in peace and putting the past behind them. However, Chris Redfield, the legendary hero from previous Resident Evil games, suddenly disrupts their life, throwing a devastated Ethan into a new and twisted nightmare in search of answers.

Will be really good if they keep this to just next gen only, so hopefully with have better AI and physics.

But there is no doubt this will also come to PS4 and Xbox One.

Same here.
Hopefully it's good though.
I remember I wasn't 100% convinced about RE4 at the time, after having played the first three.

I was a big fan of the first three as well but I also liked a lot RE 4, especially gameplay wise, the only problem is that it was indeed a kinda radical break from the saga. We'll see with this one.

Its next gen only apparently current gen cant take it.

Yes not coming to PS4 / Xbox One..

I got some clarification on why they made RE8 next-gen only.
With the updated graphic fidelity overhaul they're doing, the way RE8 was designed lead to past-gen consoles having a lot of pop-in/long texture loads/load times because the game has you travelling through most of the Village and had a lot of load zones.
Because there's a bigger focus on exploration this would lead to the last-gen console versions having notable issues, and it was holding back how pretty they could make certain scenes.
So they decided to drop the last-gen versions of the game to make it so the game had no loading at all and push the graphic overhaul further without the limitations of last-gen tech in mind.

Looks amazing,one thing though,and it's not just this game.
Voice acting/dialogue
This sounds pretty shit tbh,Its been more and more a hangup for me as ver the years,if a movie had conversation/immersion like this I'd turn it off in a heartbeat.
There's gotta be thousands of very good actors out there who'd manage to do this better?
Think this is something that is overlooked in most games

Seems the event last night was just the release date and a couple of trailers - May 7th 2021
Very disappointed to see that Capcom made the choice to release the game on previous gen - Personally was really looking to the fact they originally stated the game simply couldn't run on previous hardware, so now you know the game won't be next gen.
Exclusive PS5 demo has been made available, with an additional demo being released for other systems later in the Spring.
There is also a new multiplayer aspect called RE:Verse.

Released trailers below:

Developers have to make some money, with the slow rollout of the new consoles, sales can only be so good on new-gen. So they make the games available for previous-gen as well. Massive install base, and although VIIIage will now doubt look a bit shit on there, I bet it will sell well.

Just read that, maximum difficulty is only available in the Deluxe Edition.
That is probably without doubt the scummiest thing I have ever seen.
Yes, and Imagine this normalizing such a policy, and to play "LEGEND" difficulty, you need to buy PES 2022 DELUX EDITION.

Yes, and Imagine this normalizing such a policy, and to play "LEGEND" difficulty, you need to buy PES 2022 DELUX EDITION.

I am just thinking about something, but wasn't it Capcom who did the DLC years ago for Marvel vs Capcom, where they charged for DLC, but the DLC was already present on the disc?

Last edited:
I still get hammered day in day out at superstar (to the extent that I usually play at top player)... I don't think I would mind. 😂

This being said, jokes apart, it'd be soooooo lame. Imagine how this could evolve, I can't see it evolving well for us gamers.

It doesn't bother me personally as I play my single player games on the easiest setting as nowadays, most games are full of bloat, crafting, item micromanagement, tedious combat & large open areas that I just want to enjoy the narrative without wasting my variable free time dying repeatedly before I can enjoy progressing.

However yes, the principle of charging for extra difficulties is a sad one. It's about gaming traditions here & yes it sets a worrying precedence for what else they could hold back that we've taken as a given in our gaming experiences.

Well TBH I wouldn't play it on the hardest skill level anyway, but it still an incredibly scummy thing to do.
I have never heard anyone charging extra to have the hardest skill level.

By the time I get round to playing it, I would expect CDKeys will have it for £5 for standard and £7 for deluxe edition, as after playing the incredibly uninspiring Tech Demo/Walking Simulator + Resident Evil 7 was poor, I have now completely lost all interest in Village.

I am still going to hope that after the excellent Resident Evil 2 and pretty good Resi 3 remake, Capcom remake the original.

I am still going to hope that after the excellent Resident Evil 2 and pretty good Resi 3 remake, Capcom remake the original.
I've heard a lot of people have longed for another remake of RE1, Do think it needs it - again?

I think the remaster of the GC remake holds up just fine and does well to keep the tradition of the original mechanics while improving the games atmospheres to a contemporary standard.

I don't see how you could remake it again, Say in fully 3D over the shoulder like RE2make and make it work in what's largely a claustrophobic mansion?

I felt like RE7 was more of a spiritual remake of RE1 anyway albeit in first person view.

Remake a remaster of a remake? Oh boy, I will take it, if only to hear an updated version of this hilarious podcast bit:

Personally the Gamecube version was a very good re-master back 20 years ago.
However the problem is the gameplay has aged terribly and the static camera just makes it feel incredibly dated these days.

The Resident Evil 2 remake was a masterpiece - Resident Evil 3 not so much.

Personally the Gamecube version was a very good re-master back 20 years ago.
However the problem is the gameplay has aged terribly and the static camera just makes it feel incredibly dated these days.

The Resident Evil 2 remake was a masterpiece - Resident Evil 3 not so much.

While admittedly the fixed cameras were just a workarounds in the old games, now they became a cult classic and for many they give artistic value to those games(some shots are beautfiul with those prerendereg backgrounds especially in RE Remake ...for me the best Resident Evil game) . Also some see it is an obsticle since they cant see what they shooting at, personally and again for many this gives an extra fear factor to the gamplay.

RE2 was a good game but far from a master piece. There are a lot of cut content compared to the original RE2 therefor it is an inferior game in some aspects. Sadly. Could have been a master piece.

While admittedly the fixed cameras were just a workarounds in the old games, now they became a cult classic and for many they give artistic value to those games(some shots are beautfiul with those prerendereg backgrounds especially in RE Remake ...for me the best Resident Evil game) . Also some see it is an obsticle since they cant see what they shooting at, personally and again for many this gives an extra fear factor to the gamplay.

RE2 was a good game but far from a master piece. There are a lot of cut content compared to the original RE2 therefor it is an inferior game in some aspects. Sadly. Could have been a master piece.

Masterpiece was taking it too far, I guess - IMO it was a very high 8 out of 10 game, bordering a 9.
But it was a superb game and I couldn't get used to the RE 1 and 0, remasters as they just felt a bit dated.
I guess, I also love R2 remake the most, as it was my favourite by a long way of the series and remember having to persuade my dad to buy it for me at the time as I couldn't as underage.

I am trying to think, what did they miss out story wise in the R2 remake? Although it has been a very long time (probably 20 years) since I last played R2.

Masterpiece was taking it too far, I guess - IMO it was a very high 8 out of 10 game, bordering a 9.
But it was a superb game and I couldn't get used to the RE 1 and 0, remasters as they just felt a bit dated.
I guess, I also love R2 remake the most, as it was my favourite by a long way of the series and remember having to persuade my dad to buy it for me at the time as I couldn't as underage.

I am trying to think, what did they miss out story wise in the R2 remake? Although it has been a very long time (probably 20 years) since I last played R2.

The only thing i dont like in the RE Remake (dont talk about 0 as thats just a flawed potential with many gamebreaking things) are the controls. You have to stick with tank controls as the new controls sometimes feel good however the camera change can spin you easily. And i agree tank controls are dated but demanded by this camera system. Of course the voice acting is still goofy and the character models are kinda outdated if we insist to todays standards...but graphics "peaked" for me at PS3. Everything above that is just a plus and doesnt really add to the game ...personal opinion.

As for RE2 Claire and Leon met a lot more times, had lot more time to bond in the original. Also the zapping system is no longer available, if you started as Leon and picked up some key weapons in the common areas of the levels Claire might never find those because of it. Also the two story added up to a complete one with different bossfights. Now basically with a very little change you play the same story fighting the same enemies as both Leon and Claire. I agree there is a slight difference but not enough compared to the original. In the remake you just play an alternate scenario not two complete stories.
As well the Marshalling Yard was cut from the Remake, not to mention the moth monster.

Of course the Sherry part was better in the Remake, not to mention Mr X, also the sewers were more scary. But i admit the change wasnt that damaging like in case of RE3R which is just a totally wasted slapped together game.

Back
Top Bottom