Retaining Trophies

kevano22

TDWFYU
2 August 2003
We all know Liverpool won the European cup for the fifth time :)

But, we get to keep this one.

I watched them putting the 5th trophy into the cabinet. However we also have the other 4 in there...

Im asuming these are replicas of the real ones?

Anybody got any definite answers for me on this one, i think theyre replicas but im not sure.

The 5th one is the real deal fo sure :D

Typical, there is a company near Liverpool making a design very similar in shape (but smaller in dimensions) so people can have their own European Cup. UEFA are said to be taking legal action as the guy who runs the company is making a fortune off their design.

They are Exact Replicas, but for a detail. THE Cup is the very same cup year after year, that the "holder" keeps for a year (hence the name). The name of the Champion is carved into the Cup, and days before the Final, the holder returns it (after making a replica) to the UEFA.

When a team wins 5 trophies, they get to keep the original cup as a reward. So the cup that has been roaming around ever since the Champions League was established is now property of Liverpool FC, as Real Madrid and AC Milan won their fifth before it was called Champions League (that's what I think, correct me if I am wrong, I may be).

Next year, Liverpool won't have to return it, so UEFA will have to make a brand new one. Wether it'll have the names of previous champions carved or not I cannot say. I bet not, though. :)

Yes, of course it will have the previous winners carved in it. And you also keep the trophy if you win 3 in a row.

Man United got to keep the Premiership when they won it for the third time in a row. That still has all the team names on it.

In Spain you have to win the league five times in a row to get it in property. Only Real Madrid has achieved this (twice).

Lack of competition I say.....:lmao:

I suppose Rangers and Celtic are there or thereabouts then.....?

didnt lpool players and staff accidentally trophy damaged after the party/celebrations??

o yeah and btw, will liverpool have a 'blue trophy patch' on their left sleeve like bayern, ajax, milan and real or is it an adidas exclusive thing

Back
Top Bottom