Richard Hammond critically injured filiming for Top Gear

Oh my God. My favourite presenter by a long shot... Jesus Christ, the poor guy. They said he was talking as he was cut out of the car, so he must be okay, surely - so how can his condition be "critical"? Or am I stupid?

I hope the guy comes out of this, not just because he's the best presenter on TV, and not just because he's a nice guy, but he's got a family.

Wow this is terrible news, best wishes to him and his family. Top Gear wouldn't be the same without him , the trio that present it are perfect at the moment. Would be a real loss to the show.

Again best wishes and I hope he is alright.

Get Well Soon Richard 'The Hamster' Hammond.

Critical and Stable are just terms, Critical could of meant internal bleeding even if he was still talking etc, Stable just means that it hasnt got any worse, or they have managed to stop the bleeding or swelling.

Hammond is a great asset to Top Gear. He is fantastic and makes me laugh. This has come as a huge shock to me!

First we here of Steve Irwin being killed and now another TV favourite gets injured doing what he loves... its a shame.

DJ

Shocking news. Hope he is well enough to be back on our screens soon

ITV News just had a report on it - James May was originally pencilled in to do it, but it clashed with something else in his diary and so it was handed to Hammond.

They were going on and on about how terrible TV stunts have got, and the potentially fatal circumstances. How stunts should be considerably lessened on TV shows where it's not really neccesary. Then literally as soon as that sentence was finished, "ever wondered what it must be like to be in the line of sight of the Taliban? Well our reporter drove out to the most notorious area of Afghanastan so that now you don't have to wonder."

I find that quite patronising and a bit sick, to be honest. But, oh well.

Please pull through Hamster.

Hopefully he continues to make the strides he has done in the past 8 days.....

C'mom the Hamster

I don't know if anybody noticed this, but on the first two days of Richard Hammond's accident, his wife told reporters not to let on anything about Richard's progress. How fucking selfish is that? Sorry, I know it's a horrible thing to happen to you love, but a lot of people were worried about the guy. I think that's a pretty fucked-up thing to do. Thankfully, some "horrible terrible evil" person from the press decided to let out all the details anyway on the third day.

I'm disappointed they're holding back on showing the new series as well, I'm sure that's the last thing he would have wanted.

Back
Top Bottom