Rock Band Thread

It's all to do with the fact that when you download tracks they are tied to your Gamertag and Xbox console, if you have changed a console, or upgraded your HDD, the stuff will only work when your signed into Live. You can re-licence your downloadable stuff, but I think you have to do it individually, be it single RB or GH tracks. Tis to stop the world downloading tracks and then letting their friends then download.

Posted on RB forums and got this reply:

DLC license. Go redownload everything(only takes a second) or call Microsoft and have them transfer.

Also, use the search, this has been covered more times than you can think.

So Holio is right :)). I will re download everything later tonight. Is there an easy way to see things I've downloaded and download them again? Also, what about the RB1 songs?

Does the 360 have any kind of purchase history section? for RB1 would you have to redownload the thing you had to pay for to be able to import them?

It definately does, I used it when I got my 360 at Christmas and grabbed all of the games I'd downloaded previously.

OK, well I went through my purchase history on Xbox.com and added every RB track I'd downloaded to my queue, but still can't play them offline :ANX:.

RB Forums said:
Just curious, did your xbox 360 break? Did you send it to Microsoft for repair or did you buy a new one recently?

I'm asking because if you did this, you will have to use the license transfer tool as well. It is a fairly easy process where you sign out of Live, and sign back into Live, and then download the licenses back to your console as the others have suggested.

Here is where you do the transfer: http://www.xbox.com:80/en-US/support...ensemigration/

Sorted :))

HMX said:
Tracks available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Sept. 15) and PLAYSTATION 3 system (Sept. 17):
• Anvil – “666”
• Anvil – “Metal on Metal”
• Anvil – “This is Thirteen”
• Dinosaur Jr. – “Pick Me Up”
• Dinosaur Jr. – “The Wagon”
• The Guess Who – “Hand Me Down World”
• The Guess Who – “No Time”
• Tenacious D – “Rock Your Socks”
• Tenacious D – “Tribute”

:ROCK:

How is it that I play a song in Quick Play, get 98,937 on it, go to the leaderboards and I get told "Unranked! You need to play to get on the board." ... the friend who has the highest score has 88,794 so what exactly do I need to "play" to get on the leaderboard if Quick Play doesn't work?

Edit: Apparantly the scoreboards take ages to update, and they only take Quick Play and not Tour plays? :(

This is pretty interesting though:

http://www.rockbandscores.com/rockb...culty=EXPERT&showrb2=on&showrb1=on&showdlc=on

Last edited by a moderator:
Pearl Jam's new album is being released as full DLC next week, well Sunday to co-incide with the real album release for Xbox, 24th September for PS3.

I'm definately picking up the Backspacer album on RB, it gets better with each listen and I'm really enjoying the album now :D

For the ones who have played Rock band AND Guitar hero. If I've played Guitar Hero on expert do you think I could cope with Rock Band expert?

I'm thinking of getting Beatles Rock band, so I was just wondering about that.

GH is harder because the notes are harder to read IMO - the charting on songs that are in both games is near identical so the actual charts themselves arent the cause of difference. I genuinely struggle to read fast notes with the GH style, RB i pick it all up and react. Plus RB calibrates properly.

Keep in mind Matt that once you play RB a few times, GH will be unplayable.

Its just so poor by comparison. Its weird because the games are essentially the same, but GH just lacks the loudness or magic of RB or something. I cant put my finger on it but most people who play both find it readily apparent.

Last edited:
Cheers for the responses Dags and Andish, but unfortunately I cannot get my hands on any Rock Band's except for Beatles Rock Band. This is due to the region protection for some really irritating reason, but they decided Beatles Rock Band would NOT be Region locked! I'm still pretty pissed off because I'd love to play Rock Band 2 after seeing some fantastic DLC's and one of my favorite songs of all time (Supersonic by Oasis).

:( Am Gutted

RB: Beatles is clearly easier becuase normally I can compete too much in Hard and in Beatles I can, and I enjoy it a lot. There's quality in the songs and in the game, but to enjoy it properly you must have some knowdledge of Beatles and like his music.

I absolutely adore all the Abbey Road stuff.

Matt i cant actually get RB 1 or 2 either because im down here in Australia and RB1 was released a good 2 years late and RB2 still isnt out. I imported both from the UK. I assume thailand has PAL as the region (same as Australia)?

If so, just import from the UK. I got a good price from a UK bloke called anonicle_pc on ebay. Was a good $30 AUD cheaper than it would have been if RB2 was ever released on the shelf over here, which is how i buy my other games.

All the DLC works fine as well because RB1 was released in PAL regions and the RB platform is on the marketplace as a whole, not the individual games.

Matt i cant actually get RB 1 or 2 either because im down here in Australia and RB1 was released a good 2 years late and RB2 still isnt out. I imported both from the UK. I assume thailand has PAL as the region (same as Australia)?

If so, just import from the UK. I got a good price from a UK bloke called anonicle_pc on ebay. Was a good $30 AUD cheaper than it would have been if RB2 was ever released on the shelf over here, which is how i buy my other games.

All the DLC works fine as well because RB1 was released in PAL regions and the RB platform is on the marketplace as a whole, not the individual games.

Might need clarification, but I'm pretty sure the DLC is tied to the region? I have to get all my DLC from the US Store (imported RB1 originally) as UK DLC doesnt show up...

Unless something has changed?

Well im not sure to be honest but I do know that I can access all DLC no problems on my australian RB1 and my UK RB2 (same way for both on an australian account), paid for using an australian credit card. Imported all the RB1 stuff into RB2 as well and thats fine.

What i meant was, because RB1 was released in australia, the RB DLC for both games is available in PAL regions, because the DLC is a 'platform' and not individual region locked games.

Dont know if you can follow that, or if i even can :S

All i know is it works.

I made a mistake in my original post - i didnt import RB1, just RB2.

Edit: just read your post again and I misunderstood. The DLC is region locked to the disc you are playing on. Since you imported yours from the states, you need to access US DLC. Since UK and australia both operate under PAL, thers no region issues like that.

Last edited:
Doubt Harmonix will be too chuffed with this, but this just dropped through my mailbox...

AIC.com said:
To coincide with the release of Black Gives Way to Blue, AIC has partnered with Rock Band to release two very special download packs. The first download pack, available on Tuesday, will feature "A Looking In View", "Check My Brain", "No Excuses", "Rooster", and "Would?". Keep a close eye on AliceInChains.com for more news about the release of the second download pack coming soon.

Very cool songs though!!!!! I am absolutely stoked!

Back
Top Bottom