Rock Band Thread

What's the best AIC album to listen to for a newcomer? Never listened to them back in the day to be honest.

What's the best AIC album to listen to for a newcomer? Never listened to them back in the day to be honest.

Without sounding too Alan Partridge - the 'Best Of' is the best way to get in, or the Unplugged is awesome.

Here is my opinion...

Facelift - Superb album, their best I would say. Lots of stand out rock tunes.

Dirt - Hard to get into, very 'trippy'. Stand out tracks though in 'Would?', 'Them Bones', 'Rooster' and 'Angry Chair'.

Jar of Flies/Sap - Double EP of acoustic songs that will blow you away. Most songs on these are rated 5 star in my iTunes. Beautiful and haunting.

Alice In Chains - Couple of good songs, but went off the boil a bit for me. Very heavy.

Unplugged - As mentioned above, an excellent album covering most of their hits. Probably one of the best Unplugged's MTV ever did.

Black Gives Way to Blue - Latest record just released with new singer after Layne Staley OD'd in the 90s. Tis ok to be honest, best 2 songs are what are going into RB - quite heavy, but probably sits somewhere between Facelift and Dirt.

Definitely worth getting into them though Dags, you wont regret it!

Improved chord hammer-on/pull off notes, taken from The Beatles: Rock Band's better handling of the feature, have been patched into Rock Band 2 as part of an omnibus update that became available today.

Additionally the update enables support for wireless microphones and lays down an "audition" feature you may use when the Rock Band Network enters its open beta.

When "Audition Mode" goes live, RBN members will be able to "upload songs from their PCs and audition their songs using our suite of song audition and testing tools," according to the official Rock Band Forums. Currently, Rock Band Network is in closed beta and the game will tell you 'To enter Audition Mode, you must be signed into an Xbox Live enabled gamer profile that is a member of the XNA Creators Club and connected to Xbox Live." Harmonix says the open beta will commence in the coming weeks.

Meantime, gamers will find improvements to the hammer on/pull off tricks in guitar play. The forum says these improvements were brought over from The Beatles: Rock Band, which featured "much more robust handling" of hammer-on and pull-off.

Other upgrades: In the sort menu, you may now arrange songs according to the star rating you've achieved in each of them. Unplayed songs will be grouped accordingly. This helps players chart their progress toward five-starring every song they own.

The game will also support wireless mikes, such as the Lips microphone. Ion Drum Kits now have velocity sensitivity in both drum fills and freestyle mode. And most conveniently, background downloading in the Music Store has been enabled, so you no longer have to wait for the complete download of a purchased song before moving on to another.

As for the PS3, Harmonix' Sean Baptiste explained that patch is being worked on and awaiting its certification process with Sony.

what that the patch that rolled out a few days ago? cant say i notice any difference tbh

I think it;s what Dags posted.

From Eurogamer
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/harmonix-releases-rock-band-2-update

Harmonix has released a significant patch for Rock Band 2, which adds and fixes a swathe of features. It's out now on Xbox 360 and is apparently in certification for PlayStation 3.

Chief among them is a new Audition mode for the Rock Band Network, where users can upload songs from their PCs to try them out using the game's tools.

The Network is currently in closed beta, but opens up in the coming weeks according lead designer Dan Teasdale on the Rock Band website (spotted by Joystiq).

Background downloads and the ability to stack multiple songs will soon be reality, and the patch also enables Xbox 360 wireless microphone support.

Hammer-on and pull-offs are being improved, too, and the Ion Drum Kits will soon be velocity-sensitive. Finally, there's a Sort By Stars option coming to the Quick Play mode, so you can see which songs you have played and mastered at a glance.

For the Queen fans among you:

Another One Bites The Dust
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
One Vision
Fat Bottomed Girls
I Want It All
I Want To Break Free
Killer Queen
Tie Your Mother Down
Somebody To Love
Under Pressure

Out 20th October

WIN! :ROCK:

HMX said:
Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 6) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 8):

• The Raconteurs – “Many Shades of Black”
• The Raconteurs – “Salute Your Solution”
• The Raconteurs – “Steady, As She Goes”
• Alanis Morissette – “Head Over Feet”
• Alanis Morissette – “Ironic”
• Electric Six – “Dance Epidemic”
• Electric Six – “Gay Bar”
• Electric Six – “I Don’t Like You”
• The Flobots – “Handlebars”

I've got something to put in you :PINKS:.

Top find, just requested Foo Fighters : The Pretender, it was DLC for Guitar Hero III, but would love to have it full band support.

Good shout :)

I did 2, Faith No More - Midlife Crisis and Led Zep, Kashmir.

No chance of Led Zep, but I bet they will be the most requested group...

I did K-Os - Born To Run, John Mayer - Neon and Belief, Lifehouse - Sick Cycle Carousel :)

Zepplin would be class, Whole Lotta Love, Kashmir and of course Stairway to Heaven. :D

Yep mate! I can either give you the money to send it down to me and I'll rip the songs and send it back to you? Or I'll buy it off you, and sell it after ripping? Up to you mate :)

Just seen the track list there, you defo want to just hire it or buy it, move the tracks and get it shipped on, especially seeing not all RB DLC will work in it. Defo a strange game in the series.

Back
Top Bottom