Rockstar presents Table Tennis (Trailer added)

LemonJelly

Bungie's Bitch
28 August 2002
UK
That is something I can safely say nobody would have predicted. It isn't something I would have thought I would be interested in but I am kinda intrigued as to how they pull it off.

More info can be found here.

UPDATE: Click here for the trailer

Last edited:
Re: Rockstar announce new title...

well its the one type of game that hasn't been done well (if at all?!), and is great fun to play in real life. If anyone can pull it off, Rockstar can... I think...

That's true, table tenis games have been only made in flash format I think. Now all we need is a handball game. \\:o/

i wonder if theres going to be "bullet time" effect in the game. yeah if its just plain ping pong then i dont think its gonna sell much, maybe get some lawsuits off their back for awhile.

Is this the result of GTA and "Bully" being branded as scum-of-the-earth by pretty much everybody who doesn't play computer games? Will the next GTA be "GTA: Asda Car-Park"? God knows, but I won't be buying this. It's bad enough that there's pool games when you've got a pool table in your local pub, but table tennis? I wouldn't even want to play the real one, much less a virtual one. Pong is infinitely more appealing.

I'm hoping it's a HUGE joke on Rockstar's part, and that it turns out that Table Tennis is a hidden game in GTA4.

Jack Bauer said:
Is this the result of GTA and "Bully" being branded as scum-of-the-earth by pretty much everybody who doesn't play computer games? Will the next GTA be "GTA: Asda Car-Park"? God knows, but I won't be buying this. It's bad enough that there's pool games when you've got a pool table in your local pub, but table tennis? I wouldn't even want to play the real one, much less a virtual one. Pong is infinitely more appealing.

I'm hoping it's a HUGE joke on Rockstar's part, and that it turns out that Table Tennis is a hidden game in GTA4.
ye lush graphics wont save this one, not even good gameplay. not all folks like table tennis (or as they call it in china "ping pong") but there you go ;)
gerd said:
Finally a good game from Rockstar????
Get Him jack!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
well its the one type of game that hasn't been done well (if at all?!), and is great fun to play in real life. If anyone can pull it off, Rockstar can... I think...

You obviously never played Ping Pong on the Speccy! Classic game!

:( im with Jack Bauer on this one. I dont think much of Table Tennis and cant believe Rockstar are making a game based on it!

DJ

APX said:
i wonder if theres going to be "bullet time" effect in the game. yeah if its just plain ping pong then i dont think its gonna sell much, maybe get some lawsuits off their back for awhile.

"In addition to the basic controls, the right bumper will give each character a more advanced strike using a Focus Shot, which causes the game to go into a slow motion, bullet-time mode."

source:http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1314/Rockstar-Games-Presents-Table-Tennis/p1/

heh i was right :)

EDIT: Dead Man beat me to it by seconds :) The below trailer is the same as Dead Mans.

First trailer available over at xboxyde.com.

Click here for the trailer

I have to say it looks really impressive, the character models are superb. The fact that it will be released at a low price is also good to see, £29.99 is the predicted release price.

Last edited:
Well Table Tennis is a very simplistic game so im glad they are not being rip off merchants and not slapping a £49.99 price tag on this!!

DJ

Oh My God! that game looks amazing! them graphics are smart as you like! the player movements are also immense! Shame I dont like table tennis but could provide a bit of a laugh for me and a mate :)

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Well Table Tennis is a very simplistic game so im glad they are not being rip off merchants and not slapping a £49.99 price tag on this!!

DJ

Ok you have a point, but remove the word "table" and you have Tennis! Yet Topspin 2 is a full price game, and you could argue that game is just as simplistic.

The reason Table Tennis is cheaper is that the career mode isn't very deep according to early reports. To me it is irrelevant whether the game is simplistic or not, its about value for money - and Rockstar seem to be recognising this fact.

Ok lets all rally round 2K sports and tell them to drop the price of Top Spin 2 :) im sure we will get nothing but Sweet FA from them...

And what happened to EA Dropping the price of its games to £39.99?

DJ

My mistake EA were dropping Prices for PS2 and Xbox titles!! PAHHHH!! Why are 360 games so bloody expensive? they are only using DVD9 discs and they arent that expensive!

DJ

The reason why the XB360 games are so high is because they have no competition. Heard of the term, make hay while the sun shines? Till the PS3 comes along, MS and reatiler will revel in the fact that the games are over 40 quid, when PS3 gets launched expect MS to announce some sort of PRICE CUT to software, thus undercutting Sony in games and Hardware department.

As for the game, I aint sure, I think I would wait for a demo to play, then decide. But it is a good decision to release it at a budget price. I picked up Topsin for 40 quid, so for me I'm happy enough with that.

RockStar Table Tennis

Anybody else on Evo-web got this game.I played in a few tournaments yesterday and it was really a good laugh.They have done a great job with this game.The 4 or 8 player tourneys are a blast.

Anyway i off to play some more , if any one is up for it just add me gamertag-Laarson.

Re: RockStar Table Tennis

i will be on later too if anyone wants a game.

top notch stuff!

Re: RockStar Table Tennis

this game has me hooked.

the online mode is excellent.

one player game is weak, but the multiplayer is good.

its fun when u first play the game, then you find out how to manipulate the shots and it gets very deep. it will take sometime to master.

Back
Top Bottom