Rocky Balboa

rockykabir

hello
30 March 2003
London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
Out of a pure spur of the moment sorta thing, I took a last minute flight to go to America to watch this* in the premiere showing.

I am actually quite shocked by it - as it is surprisingly not as bad as I thought it'd be. In fact, it was actually quite good and enjoyable to watch(!). It was quite emotional and definitely back to its original best - definitely hyped me up! ;)

If you can see past the crappy plastic surgery, I was shocked at Stallone decent acting skills. Mason was well played too - the "baddie" was actually believeable this time!

I'm prob gonna watch it again too - highly recommended! ;)

Edit: I'll definitely put it up there with the original Rocky and Rocky III (which I really loved for some reason).

*May not actually be true

Last edited:
Wow, you took a flight to America to watch it! :shock: ;) :lol:

I heard it is actually quite a good film. Stallone needed to give the character a proper send off apparently because he wasn't happy with the way the last one ended. Speaking of which, Rocky 5 came out nearly seventeen years ago. Sly has to be applauded I think to come back and produce the goods after all that time. And at sixty years old you gotta give the man credit. :applause:

Watched it as well... on the plane... dont ask me how. Was, like mentioned above, surprisingly quite good. Good end to the series, and definitely better than the last 2.

I loved it. Very simple movie but it can be touching and very efficient. Stallone is amazing. Niiiiiiiice !

Just seen it and must say its a very good film. Much more like Rocky 1 than any of the others as its more drama based than action but a fine film it is.

Back
Top Bottom