Roma fans Thread

Jake_Hazuki

League 2
23 December 2006
Roma are one of Italy's best football teams (if not the best :mrgreen:) so I think that the fans should a thread to talk about all things A.S ROMA

Good always liked AS Roma!!hope they will catch Inter!!

i've hearD Montella is on his way to Fulham,but who now gonna play up front??

Totti will play upfront or Mirko Vucinic but Vicnic is injured and has not scored a goal yet so it will be totti but I think Roma are buying Francesco Tavano(from Valencia) maybe he will play and Totti will play as a playmaker.

What do you think of Tavano's move? He was great at Empoli in their promotion push in Serie B.

Haven't watched too much Serie A this season due to my lack of interest in the aftermath of the Calciopoli scandal.

I've never seen Francesco Tavano play but looking at all the goals he scored for Empoli he will be a good player for roma. We need a good striker with Montella gone.

Spaletti's tactic seems to revolve around playing with no striker though. With Totti moving about up front and the midfielders advancing and interchanging positions. I'd say Tavano and Vucinic are just there to add depth and if needed force something late in a difficulty game.

Montella didn't go because he wasn't good enough, but he left because his type of striker isn't needed by Spaletti I reckon.

Spaletti's tactic seems to revolve around playing with no striker though. With Totti moving about up front and the midfielders advancing and interchanging positions. I'd say Tavano and Vucinic are just there to add depth and if needed force something late in a difficulty game.

Montella didn't go because he wasn't good enough, but he left because his type of striker isn't needed by Spaletti I reckon.

You are right about Roma not playing a proper striker but if Tavano plays the team may get changed (not much I would hope if it did) But with this Roma's big change to win serie A I don't think the team will be changed.

And Montella is just on loan so he may come back

Tavano will start on the bench first, if you ask me. He'll get the chance to play himself in the team, but he'll have to play one out of Perrotta, Taddei or Totti out of the team I'd say.

Why would Montella come back if he can't make the team now?

I think Roma is one of the most interesting sides around this year by the way, what do you think their chances in Europe are? Tough luck drawing Lyon..

I think the possibility of Totti not getting a game is slim since he is top goalscorer is the league. In Europe I can't see Roma getting past Lyon but are home form is good but away isn't like losing to Shakhtar Donetsk.

Nice thread!

I have to say, Roma is one of the most interesting teams to watch play because of their lack of a true striker. When Mancini, Perotta, Taddei, De Rossi, and Totti are all fit and healthy, it's quite a site to watch them play.

And how about the combination of Mexes and Chivu? Best CB duo currently? Maybe. Mexes has greatly improved this year and is solid. He should get a call-up for the French.

Major weakness is Doni. He makes me very nervous.

Nice thread!

I have to say, Roma is one of the most interesting teams to watch play because of their lack of a true striker. When Mancini, Perotta, Taddei, De Rossi, and Totti are all fit and healthy, it's quite a site to watch them play.

And how about the combination of Mexes and Chivu? Best CB duo currently? Maybe. Mexes has greatly improved this year and is solid. He should get a call-up for the French.

Doni is just bad Roma really needs a new goalkeeper or play Curci
. And Mexes is great he is better than Boumsong

Nice thread!

1 more romanista here :D

i belive Vidic and rio is the best cb duo today :P

Doni is just bad Roma really needs a new goalkeeper or play Curci
. And Mexes is great he is better than Boumsong

definitely Mexes is better!!!no way you can even compare the both!!newspapers today annouced he could move during the Mercato !!it could be a big blow for Roma!!!let's hope he stays

definitely Mexes is better!!!no way you can even compare the both!!newspapers today annouced he could move during the Mercato !!it could be a big blow for Roma!!!let's hope he stays

Mexes is signing a new contract soon(so i read) so I HOPE he will stay at Roma for a good few years.

A roma thread... nice!

Tavano will start on the bench first, if you ask me
i agree with u, Don, but i'm sure that he'll get more chance to play than in valencia.
moreover the way roma play perfectly fits tavano's qualities.... but with perrotta, mancini and taddei.... will be a hard fight for the place in the starting eleven.
btw i hoped tavano would have joined palermo.... with amauri out, he would have been very useful for us :( ....what can i say, good luck to him, and to roma, of course ;)

about the lyon-roma match, well, i think lyon has more chances to go trought the next round, but i learned, watching roma playing in the last 2 years, that theese guys can beat anybody if they're in good shape. sure will be a fantastic match :D

about doni, actually i don't think he's so bad, he just got his moments. Curci is still young, i think they don't wanna burn him by giving him too much responsabilities (did anybody say pelizzoli? :mrgreen: )...... but still i don't understand why they don't loan him.... this guy needs to play to get experience.

one last thing: u guys got the hottest chairman in the world... smart, kind, warm..... and so beautiful. when i look at her eyes i can see his father: the great Franco Sensi :)

Last edited:
Never thought I would say this being a Juventini but I hope you can catch Inter, I like the way Spaletti has got you guys playing. Shame you were unable to capitalise yesterday but but I feel the Nerazurri may slip up @ some point.

Good old Roma, always liked them, my fav foreign team. :)

Had the old strip with the little tiers through the neck, but now the strips are that tight-fit nonsense and I ain't in no great shapes to wear that. :mrgreen:

Disappointed they slipped up in the last minute at the weekend. :(

Totti is amazing for me, and have to say from the bits I've saw of him, that Taddei looks one skilful player.

FD

Roma are one of Italy's best football teams (if not the best :mrgreen:) so I think that the fans should a thread to talk about all things A.S ROMA

What do you smoke because I wouldn't mind some! Been watching 65 minutes of them tonight against Lyon and I feel like being sick. Basically, Roma = Dive, dive, dive, cheat, complain, dive, dive, dive, shot from 60 yards which screams into Row Z, more dives, moan, cheat, foul etc etc.

Totti is amazing for me
!?! Totti is an overrated, dirty twat.

What do you smoke because I wouldn't mind some! Been watching 65 minutes of them tonight against Lyon and I feel like being sick. Basically, Roma = Dive, dive, dive, cheat, complain, dive, dive, dive, shot from 60 yards which screams into Row Z, more dives, moan, cheat, foul etc etc.

!?! Totti is an overrated, dirty twat.

Look who it is again El Diego you must be one of the most hated on the forum.

Totti is a fantastic player. And only Pizarro dived alot all the french are complaining How were we cheating?

He definitely has a point?

Lyon chief Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed that his players were insulted by their Roma counterparts during their Champions League clash on Wednesday.

The Giallorossi were held to a goalless draw by the French champions in a tense match, which saw 11 players booked by English referee Mike Riley.

“There were many clashes on the pitch and also a few unsportsmanlike gestures, as well as verbal insults,” said Aulas in an interview to L’Equipe.

“However, I also want to highlight the fact that some of their players came to our dressing room after the match to apologise for these insults, which were similar to the ones directed at Zinedine Zidane during the World Cup Final.”

The French paper reported that Daniele De Rossi (pictured) and club official Daniele Baldini spoke to the French side to apologise for the racist insults towards Eric Abidal.

Meanwhile, Brazilian player Juninho Pernambucano criticised the referee and stated that French sides are not protected in the Champions League.

“Philppe Mexes in his first action didn’t even touch the ball and shouldn’t have ended the match,” said the midfielder, who was tackled by the Giallorosso in the early stages of the game.

“French clubs are not being protected enough, it was clear in Tuesday’s match between Lille and Manchester United as well. We are not treated as the Italian, Spanish and English clubs are.”

Jake I don't give a shite if I am hated on A VIDEO GAMES FORUM. Roma are diving, cheating shits. I can't stand them.

How old is Totti the spitmeister now anyway? 56?

Back
Top Bottom