ROMARIO'S FINAL GAME FOR THE NATIONAL TEAM buaaaaaaa

Fred_Gavioes

Brazilian showman
19 February 2003
Lowell/Massachusetts/USA
CORINTHIANS and BRASIL
This evening the Seleção will face Guatemala in a friendly match in Pacaembu, São Paulo. The match has been arranged to commemorate 40 years of the broadcaster Globo.

The Seleção is made up of only Brazilian based players, due to this not been an official FIFA game. This friendly however will give Parreira the opportunity to see or re-examine certain fringe players likely to be included in the World Cup final's next year.

Guatemala are currently ranked 60th in the last FIFA classification and have one international title (CONCACAF Champions 1967).

Today the Guatemalan team is coached by Honduran Ramon Enrique Maradiaga who will rely on the attackers Carlos Pescadito and Dwight Pezzarrosi to make trouble the Brazilian defence, Pescadito has scored eight of the sixteen goals registers by Guatemala since the beginning of the first phase of the World cup 2006 qualifying.

Guatemala is currently third in its group behind the two Mexico and the United States, and which after eleven meetings counts five victories, three draws and three defeats.

The Brazilian attack will made up of Brazil's finest youth and experience, Robinho-Romário. Romário is playing his last international for Brazil and will be hoping to add to his excellent international record.

--------------

I think hes the biggest scorer that still playing the game. Today is his last game, respect to one of the best players ever!!!!!!! :)

visualizar_foto.php
look how old he is lol , hes 39

Last edited:
Brazil won 3-0 and Romario scored the second goal , i wish i could have taped the game, thw whole stadium sayin romario was wonderful when he was sub by grafite.

here some pictures.

http://www.gazetapress.com/busca/visualizar_foto.php?s_tipo_foto=md&i_cod_foto=40871

thats when he was hearing the national anthem.

another one
visualizar_foto.php

visualizar_foto.php

18 yrs in the national team... it must be hard to let go...

thats when he scored his goal
visualizar_foto.php

and thats when he was replaced by another player, he ran around the field wavin to da fans.

visualizar_foto.php

In 73 Games for Brazilian Squad, he scored 70 goals, only stayin behind by pele. 73 games 70 goals? thats romario...

Last edited:
I knew he had a decent scoring record at International level but I never knew it was quite that good :shock:

Does anyone know when his last proper competitive game for the National team was ?

He didn't make it into the WC 98' & 02' Squads also if I remember correctly ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
He played WC 94.
He was in France 98 but he was injured. He left and Emerson came in.
No 2002, Scolari did not want him.
He played some Copa Americas and a lot of WC Eliminatories games.

His dutch record:

1988-89
1 Romário (PSV) 19
2 Keur (FC Twente) 16
3 Van Duren (FC Den Bosch) 15
Eijkelkamp (FC Groningen) 15
Henny Meijer (FC Groningen)15

1989-90
1 Romário (PSV) 23
2 Kieft (PSV) 21
Van der Laan (FC Den Haag) 21

1990-91
1 Romário (PSV) 25
Bergkamp (Ajax) 25
3 Stewart (Willem II) 17

1992-93
1 Bergkamp (Ajax) 26
2 Romário (PSV) 22
3 Erik Meijer (MVV) 20

and some videos here: http://www.soccerclips.net/romario.htm

really sad to see him leave, i was 'him' alot of times in my youth. i admired how he always went his own way. he didnt need training, so he was always too late if he showed up at all. but the trainer could go past him cause in the match where he always performed his skills. the public in holland loved him, and some times could stand him, but that was romario.

Fred_Gavioes said:
In 73 Games for Brazilian Squad, he scored 70 goals, only stayin behind by pele. 73 games 70 goals? thats romario...
Incredible legend, a phenomenal player; probably into the 5 best players ever from Brazil.

What is Qatar?..it seems like alot of the old players go there for a few seasons.

kingpug said:
What is Qatar?..it seems like alot of the old players go there for a few seasons.

it's a rich country where all the retired go usually to play for fun , its a oil country so u imagine why they go there after retirement :lol:

Back
Top Bottom