Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Henry

Votes: 75 81.5%

• Total voters
Henry scores more.
Henry creates more.
Henry has more experience.

Henry is better!!

Rooney could be even better but give him a few years.

Fanciful poll really. You're comparing a player at his absolute peak to a player who's still developing, albeit rapidly.

Right now I don't see how you could argue against Henry. Ask again in 3-4 years and it will in all probability be Roon (or Walcott? :D)

RuneEdge said:
IMO if both are having a bad day, Rooney is better.

But why would you compare them on that basis? Wayne Rooney king of the EPL if everyone is having a bad day!

Henry at his best is the greatest player the Premiership has ever seen hence until he's past it or leaves he will always by HenryI.

Another question where Arsenal fans will say Henry, ManUtd fans will say Rooney!

We all know about Thierry Henry and what hes done, Rooney is also fantastic hes only 20 imagine when hes in his prime

As for each players performances when their 2 clubs play each other..... I wont even go there :lol:

RuneEdge said:
IMO if both are having a bad day, Rooney is better.

If both are having a bad day, Henry would be a bit sulky but rooney would be in an early bath!!;)

Henry is futbol,as Michael Jordan is to basketball

Fowler was going to be king,but didn`t

Rooney is great....but if it happens,he`ll be crowned(i don`t want to jinxes him yet)

...in my opinion

Joystick said:
Fanciful poll really. You're comparing a player at his absolute peak to a player who's still developing, albeit rapidly.

Right now I don't see how you could argue against Henry. Ask again in 3-4 years and it will in all probability be Rooney)

beboquintero said:
Henry is futbol,as Michael Jordan is to basketball

Fowler was going to be king,but didn`t

Rooney is great....but if it happens,he`ll be crowned(i don`t want to jinxes him yet)

...in my opinion
jordan never missed a layup to win a game, henry has missed a ton of sitters IMHO... see euro 2004... that is not a good comparison at all, completley off... zidane is the only comparison you can make to jordan..

Nickybaker said:
But why would you compare them on that basis? Wayne Rooney king of the EPL if everyone is having a bad day!

Henry at his best is the greatest player the Premiership has ever seen hence until he's past it or leaves he will always by HenryI.
nah thats fair, when manu is down a couple of goals, rooney is running around the field like a mad man, if its arsenal then henry is walking around and sulking like a baby... obviously you can see who my bias is towards :).. i just like rooneys all around game better, offensivley henry has the edge over rooney, but not by much, but defensivley its not even close, rooney can play multiple positions(forward, winger, outside mid, center mid, and i honestly think henry can only play up top.. both can creat, both can score, and both make there teamates around them better, the thing that erks me about henry, is when he is losing a game, he completley shuts down, and walks around the pitch like its a training session.... quite the opposite for rooney, im strictly talking about this year BTW... not on previous seasons.. i should have made that more clear..

csaunders said:
see euro 2004... that is not a good comparison at all, completley off....

You did say England. He never failed to impress his own fans and the rest of the world for Arsenal. His assists and goals prove the type of player he is. Rooney is still young and has loads of time to establish himself like Henry has.

it depends. If you say "who would you rather have in your team?", id probably pick rooney, for the workrate and the fact he can produce something out of nothing.

kevano22 said:
it depends. If you say "who would you rather have in your team?", id probably pick rooney, for the workrate and the fact he can produce something out of nothing.

And Henry can't?

Seiously i think that Henry is by far the best of those too. No doubt that Rooney will be better than Henry, but not now. Rooney fihgts alot, but also has a furious temperament. Henry doesn't fight as much, but he scores and lays up alot more goals, and he's also better in the european games, because of his great experience.

B-Dane said:
And Henry can't?

Seiously i think that Henry is by far the best of those too. No doubt that Rooney will be better than Henry, but not now. Rooney fihgts alot, but also has a furious temperament. Henry doesn't fight as much, but he scores and lays up alot more goals, and he's also better in the european games, because of his great experience.
i dont know how you can say by far.. how many times have you seen rooney run back 90 yards, tackle a player and then sprint back another 90 on the counter... probably a few times, about as many times you have seen henry make a tackle...

Nickybaker said:
I meant if BOTH are having a bad day, Rooney is better. When you talk about these two players, you think about their attacking strengths. But Rooney provides more than that, unlike Henry. Rooney performance throughout a match remains constant regardless of whether we're at the 80th minute and everyone is tired or if his team have already lost the match by then. Most other players including Henry would drop their level of performance and determination once they're reaching the end of a game or are losing by a large margin.
This is one of the reasons why Rooney got injured cuz he pressured defenders even though we were 3-0 down and only a few minutes left to play.

csaunders said:
jordan never missed a layup to win a game, henry has missed a ton of sitters IMHO... see euro 2004... that is not a good comparison at all, completley off... zidane is the only comparison you can make to jordan..
that why,i said in my opinion,but your the type that see 2 or 3 words and run w/ it.so,continue with your point

I agree the better question would be who would you want in your squad today. Henry clearly scores more goals, and he does have experience on his side. But, he is a bit sulky and can completely dissappear from matches sometimes. Rooney is not as good a finisher, but will always be a threat, and will always be invovled. Plus Rooney has maybe 10 years of football left in him, injury/scandal permitting, whereas I would argue that Henry only actually has two or three more years at the top.

As for a lucasetor's comment, I personally would much rather have Rooney than Shevchenko in my squad, Sheva's fantastic at getting goals, but only if someone's getting them to him. Rooney can do a bit of both. And Henry vs Ronaldinho is equally stupid, I imagine Arsene Wenger would trade his socks along with Henry, Fabregas and Walcott if for some odd reason Ronaldinho could move to Arsenal. Anyone would. I think Henry v Rooney is a fair question.

Back
Top Bottom