Runs choppy/slow

Danny_FC

Non-League
19 March 2006
Right heres the situation, I've had the game (legal copy) since the day it came out, no problems what so ever, ran like a dream on highest settings, top notch.

But, last Tuesday my hard-drive died on me for no reason at all, so yesterday I bought at new one (260gb). Installed everything, graphics card, sound card,etc. etc. Installed PES5 went straight into Training mode and its unbelievably choppy and unplayable =(

Any suggestions on whats happened? Or any settings which can get it to run properly again?

Cheers.

Well, since everything else is the same except hard drive my first thought would be drivers, either sound or video. Perhaps you still need to re-install drivers.

EatonTJ said:
Well, since everything else is the same except hard drive my first thought would be drivers, either sound or video. Perhaps you still need to re-install drivers.

Yep Like Eaton said drivers and Direct x 9c

Spec of your machine would be nice too so we can give you more advice mate.

DJ

AMD Athlon 64 Processor
3400+
2.41 GHz
1.00GB ram
All-in-wonder ATI Radeon

Cheers for replies, like i said it ran fine before, what display settings are best? AF, AA etc.

I have a good ATI card as well (X1800) but for some reason unless i force the refresh rate to 60hz (smooth as can be) anything over that is very juddery . I have tried everything under the sun to up the refresh rate but nothing works so why not try it and see what you get.

Yeah same as, 75hz was amazingly choppy for me.

Can you tell me what settings your card is on mate please?

I.E AA & AF on or off? V-synce on or off?

Hmmm, that's exactly the same settings as I have set now =( Thanks anyway.

Still ent got a feckin clue whats wrong, someone suggested SP2 but I can't see that do very much.

Back
Top Bottom