RUSSIA thread

Re: Russia Thread - Play with your soul! Fight till the end!

I'm still speechless! :(

Russia played great football, but only for 5-15 minutes per match. That's simply not good enough. I think this was a case of overconfidence, a touch of laziness and of course a result of wasted chances.

Russia is like Arshavin, extremly good when good, extremly poor when poor, and switch between the two faster than any other team in the world. From World Class to Sunday League in mere minutes, it's simply astonishing.

Sad but true...

Yep, it's true.

Russia has the tendency to get complacent and arrogant as if the game is already won or result already obtained and they paid for it.

This is an absolute tragedy though! Make no mistake about it, this team was NOT supposed to go out at group stages and is much superior to Czech and Greeks in my opinion.

A 3 week long tourney with only 3 matches brings out results like that though. If this tournament and Group A were replayed 9 more times, I doubt you'd ever have Czech and Greece get out of group both together again. Russia would get out 8 out of 10 times probably, Poland 5/10 times and Czech and Greeks 3 out of 10 and this was one of them. Something along those lines but of course this is all useless speculation. All that mattered was this tournament and Russia let themselves down BADLY!

Now almost all of the players are under huge criticism and hatred.
It's very sad how they went from hero to zero.
Arshavin says it's fan's problem if the team didn't manage to fulfill their expectations.

What seemed to be a fairy tale turned out to be a disaster.
Pure dissapointment.
We just shouldn't have left the tournament so quickly.

Arshavin can suck a dick!

Arshavin can suck a dick!

I agree, but still he has class, 3 assists.. worthless assists tho, as they didnt help shit :( And Poland counter attack goal was his mistake in attack :(

Arshavin has absolutely zero tact! Once he told a boy (in his "ask Arshavin" website section) who was asking if one day he could be a professional footballer if he trains hard every day: "I do not know". haha
Any sensible human being would go like "yeah sure, laddie, keep it up and never give up" :D
But this one about fans is not even funny. Totally clueless, if true.

Did Arshavin really say that? He can't be very intelligent...

Reporter/Fan: Our fans came up to you and the team after the game but all they got from you was “you’re all bastards”. And there were 100 millions of “bastards” supporting you. Do you understand it? If you just said “Sorry, guys” there would’ve been no problem. No questions to any of you. Cause everything can happen. But instead every player who was approached by fans said only “get out, bastard”. None of the lads said “Sorry, we couldn’t do it”.
Arshavin – Well, if the fans were in normal condition maybe we would have said that.
Reporter/Fan – Well, my friend who doesn’t drink at all said that but in reply heard only insults from the players. I Don’t even want repeat what he heard. But NONE of the players simply said ‘sorry’.
Arshavin – Why should we say ‘sorry’?
Reporter/Fan – Well, you failed, didn’t you?
Arshavin – Why?
Reporter/Fan – You failed.
Arshavin – Why?
Reporter/Fan – Look, I’m not an expert, but you failed.
Arshavin – Just answer my question: Why should we say sorry?
Reporter/Fan – You didn’t meet expectations.
Arshavin – Whose expecations? Yours or ours?
Reporter/Fan – Of 100 million Russians
Arshavin – Well, if we didn’t meet your expecations it’s your problem. And we were all trying…
Reporter/Fan – You really mean it? That if you didn’t meet our expecations it’s OUR problem?
Arshavin – Yeah.
Reporter/Fan – Well, I don’t have anything else to say. I’m shocked. I’m just shocked.
Another Fan – We’re supporting you, we’re going everywhere with you,
First fan/Reporter – There was full stadium of us coming here to support you and it’s all OUR problem?

Link: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/0...-with-honest-assessment-of-euro-2012-display/

Wow, that's one way to ruin your reputation. Granted, fans can be a vicious bunch at times, but it's their support and money that keeps the whole thing rolling - you know, that "professional football thing" which allowed guys like Arshavin to be privileged, rich folks.

Someone should ask Arshavin what HIS expectations were. Was it to lose to Greece and get eliminated in group stages? Or is that why Dick Advocaat got paid $4M a year for?

The MINIMUM expectation of the fans AS WELL As the players and the coach was that they should qualify to the quarter finals. Probably as 1st team but if not then at least as 2nd placed team. That's the MINIMUM expectations and rightly so for such a talented team.

Instead they gave Portugal a free ride to Semi-finals by facing a mediocre Czech side that Russia raped 4-1 and could've scored more against.

Well now they say that the dialogue was cut in the video.
A journalist reports that after the game vs Greece a bunch of drunk angry fans (obviously rich ones as they lived in the same hotel where the team lived) approached the players in a very rude way, the fans were about to start a fight but instead some of the players talked to them.

Here's a quote from Arshavin's interview:
Everything I said in that video was adressed to a exact person in that situation. It has nothing to do with the rest of the supporters. Our fans always support us as much as they can.

And another quote from the same interview:
As the captain, from all the players and from myself I would like to apologize for the result that we showed. I've chosen the moment to explain. I'm doing it once and won't do any more.

Good but even then, let's face it, Arshavin is NO Captain! This is a bigger joke than Ronaldo being captain of Portugal.

He's got no leadership skills whatsoever. Can hardly motivate himself let alone others. He can be a great 'individual' but never a leader.

He should be stripped of captaincy and someone like Shirokov, Anyukov or Ignashevich is much more suited to it. Akinfeev IF he was to regain #1 would work too.

Arshavin has absolutely zero tact! Once he told a boy (in his "ask Arshavin" website section) who was asking if one day he could be a professional footballer if he trains hard every day: "I do not know". haha
Any sensible human being would go like "yeah sure, laddie, keep it up and never give up" :D
But this one about fans is not even funny. Totally clueless, if true.

Totally priceless, great, honest answer. Really, that was hilarious and honest at the same time. Why should he lie to that kid? Professional football is only for a very small circle of people, and training hard is not going to help you into that circle.

It's better for that kid to seek some other career-options.

Haha that's true! It was honest indeed. But too honest. I think it's the Russian way, to say things straight and not to beat around the bush. Maybe it's the right thing to do, because in Western society someone would give an answer which would keep hopes up, but maybe creating more expectations than it probably should. Some truths we better just tell our kids since the early ages. Life's too short to waste time if you really want something difficult as becoming a professional footballer.
Arshavin may not be a good captain, but I bet he's been a good father at home! haha :D

As for the interview, reading the transcript and all, now I think I get the full picture and I'm surprised things got so out of proportion like this.
This "interview" was obviously rigged. After an upsetting defeat, this guy keeps saying "You failed, you failed. So is it my problem, now??". I can imagine this guy being a bit of a cunt and Andrei just lost it. Normally he's a very cold blooded fella, isn't he?
Arshavin cannot be that stupid. A professional footballer taking his frustrations out on fans doesn't make sense to me. I think it makes sense that he was just addressing that inquisitive fella.

4 matches, 4 wins, 8 goals, 0 allowed, 12 points.

Portugal draw with North Ireland. So we are now 5 points ahead. We got some amazing chances to advance from first spot :)

Russia line-up:

----------------------------Akinfeev--------------------

Yeshchenko------Berezutski-----Ignashevich------Kombarov

-------Fayzulin----------Glushakov---------Shatov--------

-------Samedov--------------Kokorin----------Zhirkov---------

Well, here came the hour that we waited so long! We waited for this for 12 years! And finally, the Russian team at the World Cup! Well, guys, let's go! To victory! We hope for you!!! :RSCARF::RSCARF::RSCARF:

what's the matter with dzagoev and denisov? :THINK: (not that I'd question a legendary coach like capello)

what's the matter with dzagoev and denisov? :THINK: (not that I'd question a legendary coach like capello)
Both remained in reserve. Dzagoev think will be released in the second half, Denisov called into question. But they are not injured and in a good mood! :)

Deni$ov piece of shit, the case when you deserve one dollar, you get a 4, but you want to receive 5. When the person does not need Champions League, World Cup, the championship title. That awkward moment when greed stronger financial power of Gazprom

Denisov is a shadow of himself.

Yeah, buddy, maybe, but after its release on the replacement, game in midfield of Russia became really better, as I've noticed. Give him time, maybe in the next games he (like and the team) will show a better game, all the same it was the first game of Russian team at the World Cup for last 12 years! :)

Deni$ov piece of shit, the case when you deserve one dollar, you get a 4, but you want to receive 5. When the person does not need Champions League, World Cup, the championship title. That awkward moment when greed stronger financial power of Gazprom
Приятель, мне кажется это уже давно позади. Вроде Игорь уже угомонился. :)

Biggest reasons for poor play yesterday, all IMO:

1. Denis Glushakov: his job was to link up defense and midfield and help out defending against fast attacks. He didn't do either, that's why Russia was so slow when starting attacks and CB's were being left alone against attacking Korea players so often.

2. Lack of creativity upfront: lot's of crosses, no passes through the middle, no ideas on how to open up Korea's defensive line. That's why Dzagoev should start next game.

3. Kokorin is not a pure striker, he should be playing deeper, that's when his strengths come to light. He is really weak in aerial play, that's why crosses that Russia was putting in so persistently couldn't create any danger. I think Kerzhakov should be playing upfront and Kokorin as a free roaming second striker.

Back
Top Bottom