Russia World Cup 2018 Thread

De Gea need change his hair style, he seen looks like Karius :P. CR7's hattrick this match's 51st hattrick of him career also it's 51st hattrick in World Cup history wow :APPLAUD:

@miguelfcp True! I couldn't believe that error from De Gea, so rare for him to make a bad mistake like that. A great game though, Portugal started really well, then Spain played some fantastic football to watch and an incredible finish from Nacho, but Portugal always had that threat on the break and should have done better on a couple of occasions. I don't know whether Guedes was just poor on his chance or in a state of shock that Ronaldo passed the ball in that situation :LOL:

@mattmid: Like @mvs2k9 hinted, maybe it's the hairstyle...for all keepers around the world: shave your samurai ponytails or whatever that is you're sporting, it's beginning to look like it's a goalie's curse.
Indeed we're deadly on the counter-attack, but when we're in a moment of organized attacking we lose our effectiveness. I bet against Iran and Morocco we won't have many counter-attacking chances because they'll defend much closer to their goal than Spain...
Yeah I was fed up with Guedes...he seemed overwhelmed with the occasion. Still a nice work by the portuguese press, who campaigned hard for weeks to have him instead of André Silva up front.

@miguelfclp Yes I thought he looked out of his depth a bit. De Gea should just lose the pony tail because it looks stupid anyway :D

I thought Bernardo Silva was fairly quiet, I've been impressed when I've seen him for Man City but he didn't seem to manage to get involved enough tonight. Then again it is hard to get a decent amount of possession against Spain.

I do have a feeling that Iran or Morocco are going to spring a surprise somewhere. Morocco in particular have nothing to lose now and do have some talent going forward.

@mattmid: Bernardo Silva played for the wrong team! His style fits Spain's, not so much ours. That's why Bruno Fernandes didn't shine either...
Going to be interesting to see how Iran's defense handles Spain. Morocco indeed has pace and technique up front, but defensively I see trouble for them against the better teams of the group.

Forgot to guess today's matches, so for tomorrow:
France 3-0 Australia
Argentina 1-0 Iceland
Peru 0-1 Denmark
Croatia 2-0 Nigeria

Yeah that's a good point about Silva. Iran certainly has some defensive record but you would think they haven't come up against anything like Spain's passing and movement. The good thing with today's results is it should mean all to play for in the final games of Group B.

France 2-0 Australia
Argentina 3-1 Iceland
Peru 2-1 Denmark
Croatia 3-2 Nigeria

Probably all too high scoring but I can hope :D

CR7 is a monster,period!
Use to not like him(personality) but his skills is pretty much unmatched.,it’s a joy to see him play for Portugal.
We had a few good games today.

What do people think about the 2026 joint hosts?

I think the main thing with it is the move to 48 teams. That's ridiculous I think, qualifying is going to be an absolute joke. The group's are weak enough as it is in the European Qualifying section. But it's all about money so what do FIFA care.

WC 2026 with 48 teams & 16 groups, only 1st position go to next round. And of course like mattmid said qualify so ... but opening chance for increase"weak team" from "small region" like Africa; Asia :LOL:. Hope so my country can get one ticket in this lol.

My prediction for WC Day 3

France 2-1 Australia
Argentina 1-1 Iceland :D
Peru 0-1 Denmark
Croatia 3-0 Nigeria

Four today but I'm at work then out for the evening.
Just thought, I wonder how many past tournaments started with so many goals?

WC 2026 with 48 teams & 16 groups, only 1st position go to next round. And of course like mattmid said qualify so ... but opening chance for increase"weak team" from "small region" like Africa; Asia :LOL:. Hope so my country can get one ticket in this lol.

My prediction for WC Day 3

France 2-1 Australia
Argentina 1-1 Iceland :D
Peru 0-1 Denmark
Croatia 3-0 Nigeria
I hope you'd have some money on those,so far 3/3

giphy.gif

That shot of Maradona just after he's had a sly whiff of something, what were the odds of them pretty much catching him doing coke on live TV?
Well I guess it is Maradona so the odds were probably pretty high

I feel so sorry for Peru... They deserved at the very least a draw...

I can't believe they didn't win that game let alone not even draw it. I was really impressed with them. I always enjoy watching the South American teams they generally seem to be more attacking than European teams. I always enjoyed watching the Copa America but for some reason nobody seems to want to show it here the last two times it was on other than an obscure subscription channel. It always used to be on Sky.

I can't believe they didn't win that game let alone not even draw it. I was really impressed with them. I always enjoy watching the South American teams they generally seem to be more attacking than European teams. I always enjoyed watching the Copa America but for some reason nobody seems to want to show it here the last two times it was on other than an obscure subscription channel. It always used to be on Sky.

The Copa America used to be on the now defunct Setanta Sports (here in Ireland) up until about three years ago @mattmid . I totally disagree with any further expansion of the World Cup, I mean look how weak some teams in a 32 team format are, Morocco and Saudi Arabia for example.

But at least it should mean as many as eight of the ten CONMEBOL countries should then qualify, the likes of Peru, Ecuador and Paraguay are technically far superior to most European teams. Denmark should change their name to Eriksenmark. :TD::TD::TD:

Back
Top Bottom