S-shaped freekick be discovered!?

isaacyuen

disaster?
28 August 2006
Manchester United
Last edited:
Re: C.Ronaldo's freekick appears in PES6 !?

It is Juninho's freekickstyle in PES. Freekick is taken with an outside curl. The ball only curls outwards. The keeper must be high or something. They sometimes inexplicably miss the ball even though they only need to raise a hand to catch it.

It is Juninho's freekickstyle in PES. Freekick is taken with an outside curl. The ball only curls outwards. The keeper must be high or something. They sometimes inexplicably miss the ball even though they only need to raise a hand to catch it.

in this case,Van Der Sar is the goalkeeper
197cm isn't high enough?
Moreover,the ball is bend to left at first
but change it direction slightly when approach to the net..

197cm isn't high enough?
Moreover,the ball is bend to left at first
but change it direction slightly when approach to the net..

That's not an s-shape freekick. Those kickers are just all R-footed and he gives a spin to the right. That makes the ball curl like that. And the goalkeepers are crap in training mode ;)

197cm isn't high enough?
not by that definiton of high :lol:

btw, there's no new on those videos, every pes version allows you to spin the ball outside, even if it look weird with the shoot animation (inside of foot).

Also, if you understand how PES is built it is easy to tell.

Basically, the ball will only rotate in one direction when you take a freekick, since it has been programmed like that.

Normally, in real life, an S-shaped freekick/shot is usually accomplished by shooting with very little curl, only a slow rotation. Once the ball is in flight, the drag patterns over the ball (the way the air travels over the seams and structures of the ball) will change slowly causing it to wobble (and quite alot at times depending on speed, ball type and such) in the air. But you need a very slow curl for this, maybe only one revolution during the entire flight. Otherwise the drag patterns will change too quickly and the ball will go more or less straight.

Needless to say that PES doesn't have a simulation for aerodynamic forces or similar. ;)

My mate scored the best PES free kick I have seen a while ago, not posted it here though so here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6eYzHNITk
What do you think?
Not S-shaped because thats not possible but outside of the foot makes the keeper react badly so could be useful anyway.

P.S. - Don't start saying "You noob!!! You had Barca v Real Madrid!!!" It was an offline match me v my mate and we decided to have good teams for a change.

My mate scored the best PES free kick I have seen a while ago, not posted it here though so here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6eYzHNITk
What do you think?
Not S-shaped because thats not possible but outside of the foot makes the keeper react badly so could be useful anyway.

P.S. - Don't start saying "You noob!!! You had Barca v Real Madrid!!!" It was an offline match me v my mate and we decided to have good teams for a change.

I liked the fact that you positioned the camera exactly like I usually do when I watch a nice freekick. Lowest angle, and just so that you can see the corner of the goal beside the wall and fix the camera on the freekick taker. I like watching replays and can sometimes piss my friends off when I watch something over and over. :)

Also, ace strike there.

Yeah, that was a nice free kick. I liked the fact that the keeper ended up in the net as well.

thanks for all comment and sorry for my stupid mistake

"It is fact that this type of freekick has a beautiful strike..
and i finally discover than the ball curve only in one direction.

But this type of freekick has onething different from others is that the ball is bend to left side at first...

Typical freekick cannot replicate this scene..."

Any comments for this?

thanks for all comment and sorry for my stupid mistake

"It is fact that this type of freekick has a beautiful strike..
and i finally discover than the ball curve only in one direction.

But this type of freekick has onething different from others is that the ball is bend to left side at first...

Typical freekick cannot replicate this scene..."

Any comments for this?

Not sure what that means. As mentioned previously in the thread, certain ball strikes can have the effect of the ball moving in all sorts of different directions. THis usually needs almost no spin on the ball, so it's not really a "curling freekick" as it is a "wobbling freekick".

And don't worry about being wrong on this one. Better you posted the thread than something potentionally being overlooked. ;)

Back
Top Bottom